1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat Armageddon: A review

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Oct 26, 2006.

1. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

So, here's my review for MKA.

Let me start off by saying that this game is NOT perfect. It does have a few flaws. That being said, on to the review.

Gameplay: 10/10
    Bloody. Really really bloody. But very fun. It's got all your old favorites like Arcade, Versus, Practice and Konquest. But it adds a new mode. Motor Kombat. That's right. Mortal Kombat racing. Unusual, but really fun. Sorta like Mario Kart, but less weapons.

Graphics: 9/10
    Excellent, but not perfect. Most characters have a whole new look. Noob Saibot is all black, as he should be. Sektor is ketchup red, Cyrax is mustard yellow and Smoke is ethereal. The only real thing that irks me is that the bloody bits that fly out when you knock someone into a death trap aren't fleshy enough.

Story: 5/10
    What story? It's MORTAL KOMBAT. That said, the story's actually decent.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    The king of Edenia is getting old, and he has two sons. He wants to pass on his title, but is not sure which one is worthy. He creates Blaze and proclaims that whichever son defeats Blaze is the successor to the throne of Edenia. However, the Earthrealm fighters misinterpret this as anyone who defeates Blaze is King. Thus, Mortal Kombat.
    END
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Replayability: 9/10
    There are so many characters and so many moves and weapons and fatalities that this game will almost never get old. Even five years from now you could probably pick it up and not get bored. Not to mention you can CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER.

Total: 8.5/10
    Not the best, but greatly entertaining. I highly recommend at least renting this game to give it a try.