1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Mortuus Magica by wiwuno

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Wiwuno, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh god, it's also a Bleach crossover? :facepalm

2. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

This. I don't think there's been a single decent fic in this section that wasn't one from the monthly competitions.People are making this yet another site to dump their shitty fics.

3. Rym

Rym Auror

It's probably the popularity of the C2 - people want in, so they're posting their stories up for review.

I blame NMB. ;)

4. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I do too, actually. I got a flood of PM's so instead of bothering to reply to all of them individually, just stuck a thing in my profile telling them to go here.

I suppose I should remove it really but I'm finding it quite amusing :p

5. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

You're very alone there, mate.

6. Striped

Striped Muggle

1.5 for making me lol with that line. Other than that, I couldn't really stand to read more than a paragraph of every chapter and it was all pretty horrible. Bin it please.

7. happilyeverafter

happilyeverafter Sixth Year

Kill it.

shit/5

Edit: Also a ridiculous title. I assume that the title is supposed to be in Latin, the last time I looked, 'magica' isn't a Latin word. They can't just stick 'a's onto Latin words and think that nobody is going to notice.

And after a brief trawl thought the Latin dictionaries of the internet, it appears that there isn't actually a word for magic... Just find a different fucking title, or don't try and put it in Latin, when they obviously don't understand the language, just to make their story look interesting. And (please correct me if I am mistaken, those of you who have studied Latin, I am basing this on stuff I learnt over two years ago and promptly forgot) I am pretty sure the correct order of the words would be [subject] [verb]. So even if 'magica' existed in Latin the order would be Magica Mortuus.

I am so fucking sick of all of these titles in Latin when people can't put the effort into writing the language correctly, it's almost as bad as the shitty spells people come up with, which are just English words with 'us' added on.

Tl;dr: the author is a 'tard.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  8. Lungs

High Score:
    Magica Mortuo? Because Mortuus modifies, so you use the Accusative? I learned this several years ago too :X

THIS. If they can't bother to even use Google Translate, I'm not bothering to read their story. Not that Google Translate isn't really shit for Latin :X They need a good spell creator out there, that would do that^ (changing the declensions and crap to more active word usage). Not only would it look and sound less choppy, it'd be more... right.

9. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This...was dire. So apparently from reading this thread, its a crossover. That at least would explain why you are using the really really weird magic system.

"Way of Binding Number One Restrain"

As an incantation? Thats possibly the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

The writing in general is bad, the plot (from what I gathered) is nigh on non-existent.

0/5

10. happilyeverafter

happilyeverafter Sixth Year

Good point. I looked at 'Mortuus' and thought it looked wrong, but then couldn't bother finding out if it was wrong since I can barely remember any endings.

11. Lungs

High Score:
    I'm having flashbacks of my Latin teacher going "Agricola, agricolae..." haha. Declension drills. Every day. *cries softly*