1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And this time around it isn't a Mimefia© Gambit!

I trust that you'd hang me out to dry if I misrepresented the facts. Up until I woke up a couple of hours ago I have mostly been playing this game by ear, glancing but not really comprehending the majority of the posts going through(as my ignorance of Waco and Cobalt's absence reasoning should demonstrate) and not really building an opinion because this is a vanilla game and there aren't any roles that need to be kept alive to GameEnd and checkmate the scum.

I said in the 3ds post that you and Jan were among those that bore more scrutiny, so I sat down and scrutinized.

---------- Post automerged at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Okey-doke.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    does it look any better?

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

It scares me.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lyric

Scum does not put in that wall post that you had with that much analysis and effort when they have already mentioned in thread that they will be gone.

That can only come from town who sees something they feel like they have to put out into the thread.
    his fluffiness

If you keep playing to your old town meta I will lynch you because after last game I'm taking zero chances with you.

Good to see you putting in some effort though.
    Zenzao Well, where I'm at it's all sunshine and daisies.
    Vaimes You haven't been able to read me since WH7 bud.

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Miner, if you still haven't figured out the line in question you need to look a bit harder at the context and my previous posts.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

:nyan:

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    There, mate. You were included in the 'I'll drop a thought on anyone else later' follow up to my 3ds post. You were the only user I included, and I put in the reference to my sleep as a callback to the previous post's line. I've been calling you potential scum but mostly null(hazy=null, undetermined; chance of drizzle=possibly rain on things=possibly scum), which my initial wall should have cleared up after your placement in the yellow hazard category, but eh. Maybe I went too obscure. It made sense this morning.

This is not the first throwback line by the by.

---------- Post automerged at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

And so far as I am aware, that should not violate Rule 6. The information was available and I've continually urged y'all to glance at things over a little deeper.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Today was a bit busier than expected, sorry. On the other hand, I'm off tonight, and will be doing a full read-through. Will be around on and off tonight between the west wing episodes on netflix. Now to get started

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Welcome aboard, Waco.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Zen I got that you thought I was slightly scum.

I was just being snarky/sarcastic.

I get this is new for me.

Perhaps that's why Vaimes asked his question, hmm?

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [​IMG]

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Got to disagree on this. I can imagine things Lyric could have posted of equal length and effort that would have made me want to lynch her instantly.

It's the things she says that make her (probable) town, not just that she says stuff.

It's possible this is really the depth of your read on her, but I also imagine that scum-you seeing a bunch of people say "'let's not lynch Lyric ever" might look for the most obvious reason to justify that, without putting in the effort to read and analyze her post yourself.

It would be so easy for Jan to go along with fonti on this. Small point in his favor that he pushes back.

Sounds like a fun challenge. Or bullshit. One or the other. :colbert:

Vaimes, Miner, Zenzao seem suspicious.

Most of Quiddity's reads appear to be based on "is this person throwing shade at me?" which rubs me wrong.

That's about it right now.

PR or external factors (life, mood, time constraints, wanting to do something different). Maybe 3P.

He said, "I feel like Rubicon got a lot of votes on this page alone." He took the time to make a vote count with colors and everything.

Usually I'd expect that to mean it means something to him.

Why did I get a lot of votes?
    Are the votes genuine?
    Did I do something scummy?
    Is someone trying to shift pressure onto me from someone else?
    How did I react to getting all those votes?
    How did others react to me getting all those votes?

Seems like an interesting moment that could have been a springboard for forming reads. And was for a lot of people.

---------- Post automerged at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

uh huh.

I know in the past you've done odd things with your read walls like this, and it's made me think you were town.

For some reason this doesn't make me thing you're town.

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why should I?

I don't have a read on you.

---------- Post automerged at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

One of these days I'll do an opening post that doesn't get suspicion :bang:

Zenzao, so the basis of your placing me low is almost entirely owner's vote/off on me?

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Let's see if Waco picks it up then during his read.

I'll mirror you here and say 'uh huh.' I'll gladly take your suspicions, Rubicon. Go ahead and try to catch me in a lie to this point. My most egregious err that could be inferred as a scum tactic is lurking out the first ~40ish hours and not contributing much to the hunting. I pushed out a few things here and there.

If you've got some problems with me, bring them to the table and lay it out there for us all to see and I'll address them directly.

If you haven't caught the most blatant two examples(the above with the wall not being among them) then I'll get to this later. You should also note that I did not attempt to obfuscate with my wall colors/order this round either as I have before.

15. Rubicon

Quiddity's vote on me is opportunistic as hell.

Jan's vote's okay and fonti's vote is super lazy but sometimes she's super lazy. Hopefully she'll be less lazy later.

I support the top 3 wagons here. Though the Vaimes "wagon" is basically just me at this point.

Not interested in lynching HF or fontisian at this time.

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    Not noticeably bad or good. Same as any tool in the repertoire.

Why are you quoting these posts now?

I could, but do I need to? The whole strip poker thread was almost entirely you two.

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Up until around post 190-something when I left off re-reading earlier, yes, for the most part it revolves around owner's behavior with you and you not having much to say that moves me, or that I disagree with.

---------- Post automerged at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Why does HF get a pass? And why not include Quid in your list of suspicious users since you had myself, Miner, and Vaimes there?

18. Rubicon

I don't have the patience to sort out whatever hints you've put in your posts right now, maybe later. Just saying the way you're asking us to feels more artificial than usual.

The bravado is ok I guess.

19. Quiddity

High Score:
    Rude.

/here be dragons

20. Rubicon

I don't think HF's done anything alignment-indicative yet.
    Quiddity was in my list.