1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Actually, can you explain why you asked that question to me in that way? Like why those sets. I know you're explaining the first one, but why the second?

I was thinking about waiting to ask this, but curiosity...
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like.

You do realize that today is our last mislynch.

Right?

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Not really explaining anything about first one or second one. More like:

Want to solve this game (got challenged a bit seeing how people were talking about someone else, especially now that my CFD on Fluff was wrong) -->
    Realized I'd be busy tomorrow -->
    Wanted to do it tonight -->
    Starting reading ISO, then went to a post for context and started going through full thread instead of ISOs (context helps) -->
    Started to think Miner might be town + Started to see why Rubi is more town than my recent suspicion (based on lack of elaboration/sharing) gives him credit for + reaffirmed Beru town + reaffirmed Delphine town (with slightest tinfoil but no real suspicion) + Started to notice Fable/GH weird reads on each other -->
    Ended up with little snippets of everything that played a role in my thoughts -->
    Starting writing -->
    Saw you here -->
    Asked question on lynching Fable/GH first because I think they're the team.

^probably a bit of a tangent, but you said "you're explaining the first one" like you thought I was explaining one world. This is more than that. Like, I'm only a quarter of the way and it's already massive.

I do know we only have one mislynch. Three lynches total, but we have to hit scum either today or tomorrow. I think Fable/GH wins game, but, if I'm wrong, whoever's alive can find the last one between Miner/Rubi. I'd also suggest rereading Delphine if GH flips town, but that's just to see if something stands out after next flips. Nothing major sticks out as her having an agenda either way, so I'm content to keep her in my circle.

kk back to writing please lmk you read this if you do so before you sleep
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh I see why you asked. I guess adding an "if necessary" after "Rubi/Miner" in #1218 better conveys my thoughts

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    IDK I just feel like I'm gonna get lynched because nobody actually wants to take the time to try and read me or because they can't read me and it's kinda sapped my will to do anything.
    --- Post automerged ---

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I read it.

I can't sleep, rip me.

Full thread definitely > ISOs, especially when there's no page numbers in ISOs, like here.

Fable, you can't claim Zealot here, so you're actually going to have to do something instead of complaining. Sorry.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean we're just gonna lose I guess because you guys can't read then.

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Gonna quote these in the order I found them (except for the last one) to try and preserve my train of thought, so sorry if that formatting ends up hard to follow. I reread through a lot of the game and will try to remember my thoughts on each, but I wanna start by writing my thoughts after reading while they're still fresh.

I'll start by writing my thoughts after reading then put individual thoughts on each quote.

I'm starting to think Miner may be town. In analyzing the mindset behind his posts, as well as his reads and pushes, I'm starting to see that his play so far, in many ways, has difficulty coming from a wolf. My biggest issue with him remains the one where he says he intentionally laced his play with a bit of townsiding.

Rubicon, too, has specific reactions that indicate more likely towniness than not, but my issue with him is that he leaves his options open as a result of not sharing his reads openly. His pushes look good, but rarely does he provide his thoughts without first being asked for them.

PrePost Edit: added postnumbers and phase to make it easier to read and understand. Reading them alone isn't the same as reading them in the context I first read them in, so setting a time for these posts should help.

#282, D1. First read on Fable. Low-confidence townread. No reason provided. GH/Fable possible. Not very strong.

#402, D1. Referring to Jari. How was it NAI? Did he do it as both alignments? Neither? No similar tone?

#402, D1. Puts Fable as #4 most towny (#5 but GH included himself as #1), for the same reason as above: no reason. GH/Fable more possible.

#402, D1. Mindset in writing this snippet seems to be focused on illustrating the two separate traps (town work), rather than just indicating his (vague scumlean) position on Jari. Pretty sure Delphine's already commented on this. Don't know why it's taken me so long to actually see the same thing, despite liking her more for the approach.

#404, D1. Pinged me specifically and includes how long he'd be in thread. NAI by itself. Note: I had just posted 40 minutes previously

-keeping this in case anyone didn't know->(don't know exactly how far apart because this forum DOESN'T SAVE TIMESTAMPS older than two days ago)
    (oh wait it does if you hold mouse over date of post)

#409. D1. If his aim in asking was to ask everyone, he could have asked everyone and had them respond whenever they came in and saw his question, meaning he didn't ping me for this reason. If his aim was just to ask me specifically, he wouldn't have included Jan and Beru. If he only pinged me because I was the most recent poster (most likely to still be around), why didn't he ask Jan after she commented on his "splash"?

Aim could have been just to ping and made it look like he was doing work and interacting. Possible one other plausible reason. @GeneralHankerchief can you elaborate on what the original reason for your ping was?

#414, D1. Interesting list. GH not in here. Me, Rubi, Delphine, Beru all are. Only people excluded from this are GH, Fluff, Miner, Jarizok. If Fable/GH, why?

#446, D1. Miner disagrees with lynching Fluff and soft-defends Jari against font. If scum, why eliminate the two likeliest potential mislynch material/easy targets

#475, D1. I'm a little late, but I think you're right. Delphine never scum if GH is.

#476. D1. Defends Jari more. Again, why eliminate mislynch opportunities if he's scum? Even if he's "trying something different", does scum!Miner defend two easy mislynches?

#518. D1. Hard-defending fluff, and not just for show. His mindset here looks like he really does not want to lynch Fluff and is pointing out why nobody else should. Again, why defend both possible lynches if he's scum? Is "just for townpoints" even an option here?

#527. D1. Sarcastic or serious? Looks pretty certain Jari is wolf. Thought he was serious about not wanting to lynch those names on first read but now I see sarcasm directed towards Jari.

#801, D2. ....what? This is the strangest reason to townread someone ever. 7/11 isn't a hardlynch, it only went down to 7/9 'cause you wanted it to. You don't think any hardlynch goes to a wolf dying therefore Beru is town? What? Fable/Beru possible but that requires Beru to be wolf here and I don't think she is.

#807, D2. Says his wolfmeta is he busses like crazy so it makes no sense to scumread him for defending Beru, but the whole point of his previous post (801) is that Beru=town because fable doesn't think hardlynch leads to a wolf dying because he feels the wolves wouldn't bus in this setup. Hmmmmmm...

#817. Reads Rubi town for closing avenues of mislynch. Reads Beru as "unlikely wolf" soft town-read.
    Fable/Rubi slightly possible (not as much), Fable/Beru slightly possible.

#819. D2. Best Fable quote all game. Finding things I've said before and questioning me on them to verify continuity indicates a towny mindset.
    Oh. Shit.
    If Beru partner all this weirdness with Beru makes sense. But, no. Better not to tinfoil rn. I'll reread Beru again in the morning.

#820, D2. Soft townread (first one on Fable since his weird D1 reads on him).

#828, D2. On Rubi. Slight FoS.

#858, D2. To Jan, when Jan Pushes Beru. "can't win against, and you're town." Felt a bit off before, but isn't so bad on reread. Something about telling Jan that ^ rubs me the wrong way.

#863. D2. Places GH third from bottom (third scummiest).
    "I haven't said much about him" "he's been lower on my list for reasons that are hard to articulate".
    "He's been a little stiff but excuse to not read on stiffness".
    And, "I've liked him better today so far though his reason is strange"

^sort of look like keeping his read vague and pulling a blindreper treatment.
    Blindreper treatment is from FFR, where thesunfan kept his partner, blindreper, as his 2nd or 3rd biggest suspect all game, succeeding in getting the other wagon lynched every time, but also gaining towncred for sussing his partner after his partner flipped.

Then immediately qualifies his GH read with:

#866. D2.

ok I'm gonna go sleep and finish this after I get free tomorrow. I caught myself in two microsleeps during that last one. It's probably a good thing I'm stopping now because this post is already long enough and two segments might help with that. PLEASE do read through it and share your thoughts on the posts referenced.

Keeping the last quote here but gonna cut everything else and add it tomorrow with my thoughts on em.

Fuckin' thanks for showing me this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not why I'm leaning towards you.
    PoE is a part of it, interactions with other suspects is a part of it, coasting UTR is a part of it.

You can't accuse me of not taking the time to read you. I've read your ISO fully, and many parts of it multiple times. I don't lynch people because "oh they could be wolf 'cause they're good derp"

If you don't like it, clear yourself by solving and coming up with a better solution instead of just saying "oh I'm so lost idk who to lynch I feel like I've fucked up somewhere game shouldn't be this easy"

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "Coasting" when I'm in the top 3 posters lolokay.

Also "cuz interactions" is generic and dumb. Everybody thought I was a wolf with beruru cuz I defended her so much and now nobody thinks I'm a wolf with GH for not defending him at all.

I can't fucking win no matter what I do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *Everybody

Meh

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 3.1

Beru [1] - Miner.
    GH [1] - Fable.

Not Voting [5] - Asmo, Beru, Delphine, GH, Rubicon.

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to soft-lynch and five votes to hard-lynch!

Day Three ends on September 22 at 3pm PST.

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Asmo, I've read your wall multiple times, and all I can think of is either you're under the severe effect of confirmation bias, or...

... We have time for spicy votes.

Vote: Asmo

I'll turn your wall into confetti after class. In the meantime, consider why you're reading certain posts in certain ways, because it feels like you're really squishing some of them into your narrative mold and if you're town you should probably reconsider.

PS. Fable does this every game when he's even under, like, mild suspicion. It's NAI. Dude is like ridiculously paranoid about dying for some reason and will start acting like a petulant child in thread before he actually even has any suspicion points. It's also fucking annoying, but apparently this is the way he's chosen to live his life.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

I just...

This is so far outside of my scumrange it's not even funny lmao.

Anyways, since people absolutely refuse to lynch her, then at least we can prove the other part of my theory.

lynch: GH
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also maybe Fable should just take the L at some point and die but you know..

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    The game now has 3 wolves according to Miner.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

I did say there was one wolf between you and GH right? So if we're wrong you're taking the L.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    We're wrong on GH and lynch me we're all taking an L.

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Miner is crying because apparently he's outside his scumrange but doesn't have proof so nobody is listening.

Fable is crying because he's convinced that he's the dedicated mislynch because he's good at wolf but this is only his second game on this forum and tbh dude nobody cares here. Yeah, RWBY happened, but like, whatever.

I'm crying because I'm being left alive to make bad decisions, because I am the queen of bad decisions.

Anyone else wanna join the pity party?

15. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Asmo, if you really think Fable/I are the exact team, there isn't a remaining wolf between Rubi/Miner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In general I don't put any stock into people telling us they're out of their scumranges, been burned too many times by it in the past for it to matter.

I will place the smallest amount of credence in it coming from other people, but not the people in question themselves.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    It's actually my 4th game here but w/e.

It's also annoying that If I push someone I get accused of trying to tilt them but if I don't I get accused of coasting, really don't know what I'm supposed to do.

17. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Nevermind, I see the clarification further down. Still though.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Wait, I missed this. Quote the entire convo in one post? Lol.

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Explain. What confirmation bias? I came to that conclusion despite starting with a townread on fable and a scumread on miner

Reading and considering possble worlds changed that. How is that confirmation bias?

Please do turn my wall into confetti. As I've said, the more you put on the table the better.

There's still a third of the quotes that shaped my reads that I need to post sitting on my desktop at home. They might be in the postbox on the website (on tapatalk), so I can post them without comment if anyone's interested. Maybe after Beru picks apart my wall.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

@Miner and @GeneralHankerchief, if either one of you is town, now would be a good time to start wrecking scum's shit.

Is this something that's holding you back? No one left in the game is likely to accuse of tilting for pushing a read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In other news, I think both Asmo and beruru are townier for making a legitimate effort to move the game forward with the last two wallposts. Considering neither one is in serious danger of being mislynched today, the decisions to remove Miner from the PoE pool (Asmo) and push Fable for a proper, detailed case (beru) is pretty decent.