1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Looked through this couldnt find what I was looking but pressure was different.. Shit I'd ask for others but not enough time

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Also not looking like I'll able to get access to computer in time
    Should be ok for the most psrt without it

3. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

@Newcomb this one's for you buddy.

---------

With everybody currently voting for me aside from Rubicon (who is voting me in spirit) and myself, I'd like to take my remaining time and analyze the reasons everybody's given for voting me, as well as their reads in general. We'll see which ones of these pass the smell test and which require further study from whoever doesn't get nightkilled to delve into.

Delphine: "GH is just a wolf, kill him." Out of all of the alive players in this game, Delphine is scumreading me the hardest, and unfortunately for me hers is also the read I believe is towniest. She's scumread me pretty much from the word "go", hasn't really reevaluated, and I believe she honestly believes she's minutes away from seeing the first redflip of the game. She's wrong, but she's still town.

Beru: "I'm townreading GH [I think] but not doing enough to try to save him." Beru's read on me this phase is a little strange. I don't think she's actively wolfreading me and I think she's kind of shading the people who are piling on and voting me (the "'not doing a good job of mentally emulating Eido's play' is the reason we're all voting him, right guys?" line), but she appears to have given me up for the sake of figuring out where the chips fall in terms of wagon movement and the like. Beru's an odd duck and I think she and I have some pretty different approaches to the game, but I feel like a much easier move to make here for a wolf is to make a token effort at defending me and getting some free "I was right, listen to me" points for lylo, but Beru hasn't really said much on me in either direction. The last thing I'll note is that I think she said I made the case on Rubi/Miner that she wanted to make but hasn't really followed up on it, which is a bit odd.

Recommendation: Probably just town, but she needs to make a commitment at lylo assuming she lives through the night.

Fable: "GH is square in my POE mostly because a lot of other people have been townier than him". I don't have a problem with this read in itself because I've heavily approached the game in the same way. However, you should all listen to me with what I'm about to say particularly because a lot of you are, I think, going to turn to Fable next phase when you're staring down lylo. In the one long game where Fable and I properly played together, I was town and he was scum, and when we were in the pre-lylo "let's just carve through the remaining POE and hope we get a hit or two" part of the game, Fable kind of coasted and let other people do a lot of the heavy lifting in those phases, knowing his place was secure and the work didn't matter much. In addition, Fable set himself up very nicely at lylo where he was one of the two deciding votes, and ended up winning. I get that he took some time off to cool down earlier in the phase, but this is starting to look like it's following the script.

Recommendation: Get him to commit to a target, preferably a team, at LYLO and evaluate its veracity. Gut says town though.

Asmo: "I'm reversing course on my GH read today and now I'm doing it again with the lynch all but certain." Asmo generally townread me D1 and D2, scumread me starting this phase, and now appears to be having an onset of "it's too quiet" paranoia with the end coming. This is generally more suspicious then Delphine's "full speed ahead, let's kill a wolf" mindset from earlier, and I can easily envision a scenario where Asmo is part of the team pushing a GH mislynch but is backing off a bit because he didn't realize it would be this easy. In addition, Asmo was the first man on the Fluff CFD last phase, and engineering CFDs just for the hell of it is something I've done as mafia in the past.

Recommendation: Need to speed this up a bit, I'm running out of time. Want to also see where he's going with the recent scum game request from me. In the POE.

Miner: "OMGUS. Also Delphine's case looks good so I'm gonna piggyback off of that." Miner's also setting up lynches for the next phase: Asmo "warrants close attention" if I flip town (which I will), Beru's scum, Fable needs to die at some point. Oh and I'm a wolf obviously. Really his only town as of post 1279 is himself, Rubi, and Delphine. I don't need to explain how problematic this is with LYLO bearing down on everybody.

Recommendation: A long drop from a short rope.

Rubicon: "I think GH is a wolf but I'm doing due diligence first." I'll quote Newcomb directly on why this mindset comes from wolves a lot since we're very low on time here:

Feel like this has been Rubi to a T. The whole "GH and Miner, do villagery stuff this phase." The sussing out with questions. Etc etc. It's just skillful enough to look good and bring it home but it's not ever going to actually change things.

Recommendation: Burn baby burn.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Eighteen minutes left!

5. GeneralHankerchief

Asmo, what specifically were you looking for here and what were you planning to do with it?

Everyone else: If Asmo doesn't answer this, ask him about it tomorrow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Rubicon

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Appealing for time to make a legacy post doesn't feel like caught wolf unless he thinks he can flip it on someone else or is confident in misdirection

Caught wolves typically shut up so that there's less to find their partners by

I wanted to see how he responded to being under lynchpressure as wolf and if he ever asked for more time to drop a legacy but that game was too different to confirm anything

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'd be okay with people CFDing over to me if not for the fact that that would mean people would just lynch GH tomorrow anyway. Like if GH is a wolf great but if he isn't I have a feeling that lylo was actually today.

8. Vira

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 3.7

GH [4] - Fable, Miner, Delphine, Asmo.
    Rubicon [2] - Beru, GH.

Not Voting [1] - Rubicon.

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to soft-lynch and five votes to hard-lynch!

Day Three ends on September 22 at 3pm PST.

Twelve minutes left!

9. GeneralHankerchief

I went into antispew in my second most recent scum game here, but the circumstances were a bit different as I subbed in, was never really ever able to get caught up, and my slot was pretty heavily POE'd from the word go.

Does this do anything for you?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I won't be the one starting it, but will join it if it happens for obvious reasons.

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

No. There's plenty of instances where people defend people in this game where that isn't the case, and I dont appreciate you trying to spin it otherwise. It's HOW you and GH interacted that caught my attention, and I've outlined that today (have you read posts this phase?) Even still, in my legacy post I asked that if GH flips scum to NOT automatically assume you're the wolf because of my read on you. I don't think I've ever said HAS TO anything in maf btw, I'm always reconsidering ad infinitum

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Lol idk about Fonti, but Jan (in thread, at least) was under 0 pressure because of spewclear. If you kept him in your thread PoE you would've been one of few that did so.

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yup, same. Entirely and completely this post, @ y'all from me.

Rubicon, tho.

Also.

If whoever we lynch in 8 minutes flips town and wolves don't kill me tonight, I'll make tomorrow a LYLO y'all will never forget. That's a promise.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wolves are obviously comfortable with the GH lynch, btw. Obvious statements etc

13. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm not moving and I'm confused by Fable's suggestion of it.

14. Vira

High Score:
    Six minutes!

15. GeneralHankerchief

Personal POE is Miner/Rubi > Rubi/Miner > Asmo > Fable > Beru > Delphine.

In order.

Let's make it Miner over Rubi.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Third time's the charm, GH?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I've kind of lost faith in ability to solve tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    --- Post automerged ---
    EBWOP

18. GeneralHankerchief

Fable is I think just town from a couple of things, including the AtE, despite what I said about the "following the script" in the legacy post. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and that's twice he'll have gotten me.

But I don't think I'm wrong.

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I'll hold you to this if GH town and I die
    Don't disappoint

20. GeneralHankerchief

Doubt it, but I'm always willing to be pleasantly surprised.