1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You mean the game where I found 2 wolves d1 and was the only person to figure out beruru and Vaimes as the holies? That game?

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

tl;dr

- I /have/ seen you as town self-pres with incredible fervor (WH7, see quotes)
    - I have also seen you defend yourself as scum by saying "I would try harder to defend myself here if I were actually scum" (TH7, see quote) and start off a day as scum like "eh you can lynch me but lynch someone else next" (RWBY, see quotes)
    - As such, generically stating that as town you care less about self-pres and as scum you care more, is like. Not nearly as cut and dry as you're making it sound?
    - As such, can you explain why you didn't really care that much about whether you, or your slight townread Fluff, were lynched D2 this game?

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This is a very quiet lylo. ._.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

In wh7 I self presed because I had no clue what I was doing. I don't think anything I did before HP Mafia can really be used as meta for or against me because I was completely new.

And my point isn't that I'd try harder to defend myself. My point is that the odds of me not self presing as scum is just zero. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it as town, I'm saying I'd always do it as scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I thought that fluff was town but realized about 36 hours into d1 that this wasn't "towniest town to ever town" fluff but rather "will be mislynch but hopefully not in f3" fluff so my feeling there was eh its probably better if he dies earlier than later. Especially considering there were a decent number of people who haven't played with fluff or don't really know how to read fluff.

As for myself, I don't care if I'm lynched as VT. I've said this before. I think that it's better for me to leave behind reads and such and then flip to at least make people reconsider rather than fighting for survival and ultimately being mislynch at the worst time.

Unfortunately, apparently despite my absence two EoDs in a row I'm still alive and now scum are trying to mislynch me for the win, which is just annoying.

I don't think that anything I've done beyond the opening d1 gambit has been particularly scumsided at all, I've mostly tried to give reads and pushed who I thought was scum.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "I don't care if I'm lynched as VT"

Things that make no sense to say in a MOUNTAINOUS game.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uwotm8?

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    It's a mountainous setup so everyone is VT.

"We'll I'm just VT so it doesn't matter if I'm lynched" isn't a thing in this context.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also miner are you saying you've been trying to get lynched all game?

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Went through Miner's WH8 posts this morning to compare his town play in an off/bad town game versus this one. Would say that after his rough start on D1, he got much better - posting decent analysis, interacting with people to try to sort them. That hasn't been the case here. Surface level reads, no real drive to solve.

9. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I might find this when I've moved on from your iso, but in the event that I don't, what soft defense?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh.

Huh.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

This is so bullshit lmao. Pretty sure literally everyone in that game scumread me MORE rather than less for my later days.

Rubicon/Fable final answer.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm gonna stop talking to you because either you're not reading my or you're not comprehending them and either of those options is bad.

11. Delphine

Delphine First Year

You did actually push shit on D2 and kind of D3 that game, you just had 16 posts for the next 3 days. lmao

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean you never responded to any of my questions to you.

How do you stop doing something you were never doing in the first place?

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

not really anything to do with activity. A person can be fairly inactive but show signs that they care about figuring things out when they do post.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also miner doesn't remember me doing nothing but defending him and Delphine in WH8 I guess.

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I feel like I already fucked up by engaging miner to the extent that I have because I fully believe that the more stuff he does in late game the more scum indicative it is.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Is this miner doing stuff late game = wolf or Miner has been wolfy in the last 24 hours?

17. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I meant the former but I think both.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Rubicon, please ctrl+f #1435 for "decided this?"

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Oh.

I kind of disagree then?

He was very on and off in RWBY from what I remember.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

QUOTE="Fable, post: 1019387, member: 65436"]I mean you never responded to any of my questions to you.

How do you stop doing something you were never doing in the first place?[/QUOTE]

:thinking:
    --- Post automerged ---
    Have you ever read me correctly? Mostly out of curiosity, because I don't remember it ever happening.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean I'm still waiting for you to pull those Jan quotes?