1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Eh, I see where you're coming from. Gemma was definitely some shade of flustered, but I'm not convinced it's entirely a game flustered and not a social/emotional reaction thing.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay I can buy Tom's explanation even if it was phrased like he wanted to cause discord.

Honestly I'm not super keen on delving into the Font/Gemma dynamic here because it seems in bad taste but I can see where it does come across as a poorly thought out way to dismiss any undue attention.

Vote: Gemma

(If something else super shady comes up I can change this, right?)

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes I can readily see just preferring to keep it light for now and play more of a social game as either alignment.
    Possibly especially during potential quarantine.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, Seratin, vote changing is fine and generally encouraged.

I think your assessment of tom as shit stirring was correct, and I like you for. I don't think it's necessarily scummy coming from him. Like, I'm sure scum!tom would be happy seeing town!me and Gemma fighting and would want to encourage it, but I also think he'd want to be more careful to be safe from a backlash when we resolved things. Makes sense?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm definitely more edge with the quarantine, yeah. Being trapped in a house for a week and half now will do that. Hope things work out with your job, tom.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I feel really good about keldeo at this point. I'm probably going to want to check out his last scum game here to confirm those feelings at some point. Iirc, it was multiball (two seperate scumteams) so it may not be repesentative of his usual scumplay. @Keldeo got any other recent scumgames I could look at?
    --- Post automerged ---
    So three things here:
    1. The whole point is to bring it up before anyone says anything, thus cutting off that possibility.
    2. You not having specific ideas for what certain people receiving the gun means doesn't mean no one else does.
    3. I like to think of what I do as more guidance than policing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, fluff is probably town this time. I know this is a horrible read and I do not care.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Im not sure this is relevant to anything but i thought fluff had a pretty good scumgame in MCU and he wouldnt have been lynched that early if it wasnt alias.
    Im pretty wait and see on him still, but it doesnt feel like hes building on that...

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Good compared to the usual or?

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Good for fluff.

Did we not talk about this in scumchat?
    How alias was great for the two of us and super bad for him?

8. fontisian

I think I might have given cuth more rope in that game if I knew it was him, to be fair.

It was definitely good for you, tom.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

We talked about it in wolfchat, yeah. Just trying to get a picture of his meta and wanted to confirm you didn't mean idk tonal stuff.

Nebula was not the most free-flowing or enjoyable character for me to do, and I imagine a fair amount of that bled over, so apologies.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Alias is good for me in all situations and alignments IMO.

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Your posts are tonally close enough to average to not have to adjust too much and they still have the same impact, whereas other people have to sort of rebuild a reputation from scratch, in a way. Words.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah i seem much townier as a generic-ish player thats fun to be around and probably believes in what hes saying.

Anyway.

Im not sure how aware fluff is that he was actually doing well in MCU. I tried to tell him a little to encourage him to keep going (didnt really work). So its possible that, looking at results only, hes disheartened by it and "doesnt look like hes building on that" might be a super terrible premise.

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Checking in! My bad for missing the start, I’ll be around off and on later today to start catching up.

14. fontisian

@Seratin Heads up, we don't do thumbs during a game. It's considered outside info.

15. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, my bad, sorry.

16. Umami

Umami Squib

OKay, to your point 2., any ideas for what certain people receiving the gun might do at post #6 is based on reads prior to this game, so I still maintain that what's happening on day 2 + pre-game information will be way more relevant than what anyone says at the very beginning of day 1. And technically, everything we say at any point and all knowledge pre-game will impact who they give the gun to so it's not like if we don't specifically mention guns in passing they won't formulate ideas about what they think each player would do...
    --- Post automerged ---
    You're also assuming that town wouldn't get any information from someone pressing for information about the gun

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

@Osieorb18 replaces TerRaine.

Do not discuss.

18. Osieorb18

Osieorb18 Muggle

Hello, everybody! I am very glad to meet you or see you again. Other than some work that I need to get done, I should be free enough that I am able to catch up in the next 24 hours. If there is any concern in particular towards which other players would like me to devote time and attention, let me know! I have previously played or at least interacted with at least about half of the players in this game.

I am here to help and happy to serve. Thank you very much, and I look forward to a great game.

19. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Hm.
    If Tom/Umami are a thing, this is the post I called it on.

Still catching up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In what way do you expect town!fonti to scumread you? You say later that it was her 'diving in' - though I disagree that this is what she did. What would be a "more" town!fonti way to go about it?
    As town, how accurate her reads of you have been, historically, when scumreading you?

Flipside: based on this, I don't see how you're doing anything other than calling Fonti scum - how else does anyone take the bolded? But then there's this:
    Which looks like a backtrack more than anything else.
    "Font as town would never do this" =/= "I think Font is scum"? The wording in the first quote doesn't leave room for the world you're presenting in the second quote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I actually subscribe more to the "scum in lurkers" church of Mafia, at least D1: You see more of a delayed reaction/clumsiness in diving in as a result of scum players trying to slip into a town persona.
    Not really something to dive into now nor strongly AI, but def something to consider later Days if we're coming up empty.
    Also on mp7 specifically: does this "read" (lean) also have to do with the response (or lackthereof) to your vote?

Talk to me about why do you think scum would take a more active role at this point?

P.S. maybe I'm just not understanding your meaning or what you're trying to accomplish by bringing it up constantly, but D1 is not a shot in the dark.

(P.S.S. love Indigo Road)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pft. You need better friends.

Also, that's a big yikes from me on the rest of this post, dawg.
    Seriously though, is that a real suggestion?
    (Note that I keep asking this question of your posts and you keep not replying which is...super neat.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    ...that is not what he was asking. Feel free to correct me, @Keldeo
    Lol. Welcome aboard, fluff.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Umami
    Okay...so, thought exercise:
    It was odd, sure, but is it scummy? If so, how?
    Also, can you rephrase the bolded? I'm not sure I'm understanding and I want to before I address that whole thing.

Also, completely separate to your read of Font for a second:
    To make sure I understand, you're saying that this post right here, the one by The Fontz, is a good rebuttal.

If so, cool: I would like you to explain what about it made it good.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I...didn't ask you for your reads, I asked you how you go about solving the game when discarding most tools used for it.
    You did sort of answer here so, hooray?
    I don't like the start of this post, it's a soft-shade by accusing me of misreading you for something I definitely didn't do.

[​IMG]❤️

...wait, what do you mean "tried to talk about"??
    --- Post automerged ---
    You already sort of touch this, but it didn't strike me that this wasn't due to lack of trying, more like trying and failing.
    His most legitimate post was the one where he cited dying from embarrassment (which are the posts you like, correct?), and that could easily come from scum being embarrassed that their attempt didn't pan out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh, sure.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Noted.
    If the three of us in me/Tom/fonti manage to become strongly towncleared, Town's basically got this made in the shade.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ...Ugh I forgot about the automerge. Just. treat them as separate posts, please.
    Sorry!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Welcome.
    ...Weren't you in my very first game?
    Riley's Dresden #2?

20. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I had him as very slightly >rand to be scum. That said his interaction with Fonti and Cuth around 300 has made me feel better about him. His read on Gemma is solid and I'm liking his attempts to square his read with the circumstances.

Hi Osie!!!

I'm starting to town read Umami as well. I can feel the gears turning in 293 and generally like her presence this game.

Liking Seratin's 302. Despite being a sheep it doesn't feel opportunistic at all. The evolution on tom just feels pure to me (or he knows that all 3 of tom, fonti, and gemma are town which is a great fail case).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyone who knows sloth what's he like as scum? I'm wanting to write him off as town just over the energy and volume but I know that can be dangerous.