1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean maybe?
    Not to give out too many spoilers but my current scumteam is gemma/keldeo/m7 does that jive?

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

@tom I know team hunting is a different animal, but can you talk about where you are on Umami given where he is on your wall?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think shes about a this color in a rainbow, which is scummier than these colors but less scummy than these ones

4. Umami

Umami Squib

Dude, I don't know why we keep fixating on this. It's really not that interesting. I never advocated for having a discussion about the gun--you seem to be really misinterpreting. To begin, I was in no way discussing the gun in the mechanics of this game and I thought it was an overreaction that might be a scum tale, since I've seen people do that before. I brought it up, no one seemed to care, I said I was (and I am) happy to let it go. Fonti called me an idiot and I just highlighted that I didn't think it was necessary to shout into the ether "don't talk about the gun" on post #6 when no one was talking about "the gun" in this game. I don't think it's beneficial for town to discuss the gun and I was never planning on discussing it before Day 3. I just think that there is plenty of time to interject if someone actually mentions "the gun" in this game before anyone can delve into a discussion that would give scum info and that the threat of someone even mentioning a gun in passing is not that great. Relax, I never said Fonti wasn't objectively right. I just said that stating random things that are "objectively right" at non-helpful times is weird.

5. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

You and I remember MCU very differently.
    Regardless, my vote is off of him - haven't really addressed it, but part of it came down to me deciding the read wasn't necessarily AI on a second look.
    I do think that it was, from him, an aggressive more: I think the misunderstanding here is that I'm not saying the content itself was aggressive, it was Grape coming off the gate against tom early game at all that I found aggressive/unlike him.

That said, as town, I really have no idea what Grape was trying to accomplish. :shrug:

hm...no:
    On #188, you ask keldeo how he approaches the game as scum scum vs. in general, "Because this game [you're] just getting Black Widow all over again." <- The wording implied that you were iffy on Keldeo over the similarities to his BW play, despite him being Town that game.
    On #217, gemma points out how that doesn't make sense because, again, keldeo was town. (She also does bring up that you were scum that game, which I agree is irrelevant, so we can ignore that)
    On #295, you reply with "thus my post..." etc. and how you were trying to compare the games and Keldeo's similarities, or go blank slot.

Hence my confusion - the line of thought on this from #188 is very direct, if a little clouded. Your response that doesn't make sense in light of it, what are you saying about BW and why is it relevant?

6. Umami

Umami Squib

I was actually isoing tom, so here's just a general thoughts for him and gemma based on my review:

So, I haven’t played many games with tom (or obviously in general), but every single game he mentions how he always gets mislynched and how he isn’t listened to, but he’s always one of the dominant voices that people listen to and I’ve never seen him get lynched early. I don’t feel like going back through the prior game at the moment, but just seems like he always takes this stance at some point, but he’s taking it pretty early here. Brings it up again in #44.

In any case, people do listen to you @tom so don’t mislynch me.

Time for devil’s advocate:

He sort of forces an early opposition interaction with gemma in response to fonti off of what was just a joke that then lead to the random momentum/extreme discussion we’ve had. Again, I didn’t think fire’s post was that big of a thing and I also didn’t think the responses were that aggressive, so waco rushing to support tom in his read of those responses as aggressive is weird to me too.

What’s really interesting is that such a simple interaction exploded like it did. Tom brought it up and left it hanging as Grape pointed out, Waco came in with some support, and then Grape made a convoluted analogy which resulted in it being brought up and into focus many, many times. Grape’s mild opposition to Tom actually only served to put more attention of Gemma.

Tom townreads fonti at #116, way before any of the big debate and early on put gemma/me as not town at #130—again before anything happened. Either tom has extreme anchoring bias or he started the game with an agenda in mind—particularly with pitting fonti and gemma against each other.

I agree that fonti is prob town for reasons I already mentioned and I do agree that gemma has been evasive, but is her being evasive her classic scum move? Yeah, she’s sketch, but how many times tom brought the attention back to gemma early and throughout stands out. Seems like an early wagon. Could be tom being 50/50 with is read accuracy or could be more sinister. Did this stand out to anyone else?

For the experienced peeps, does wolf Gemma try to keep town fonti around? I mean, yeah, her posts on fonti are contradicting, but she’s just sharing her impression of what is off but potentially NAI and what is consistent with town?

Also, I realize that going through all his past posts and looking for sketchiness is pretty defensive, but heck I’m feeling defensive.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sounds good, Unvote

7. Sloth

Right now, a team with both Gemma and Keldeo doesn't seem likely, and I have...nothing on M7. I'll ISO all 3 tomorrow and see what shows up but. Eh.

Re: Keldeo, I think best to just observe for now. I'm thinking whatever you're seeing is not exactly the same as me, given your team, which...is probably a good thing? 'Cause more reasons, independent of one another?

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hey @Umami, where are you on Grape?

9. Sloth

@Keldeo oh btw, do me a favor and pretend you didn't read the above posts just now. Keep doing what you're doing, buddy, everything's fine.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

That unvote though...

11. Umami

Umami Squib

Well, I looked through Tom's posts and can kind of see how grape could attempt a 2 birds/1 stone with pushing Tom and seeing reactions because tom's approach to Gemma did stand out to me...so I'm nowhere on grape. Nothing else really stood out and I guess my initial question was based on the assumption that grape is someone who would plan out their analogy if they wanted to run a genuine test but who wouldn't mind causing more confusion if scum
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote WACO

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes that stands out in his iso. He doesnt seem to believe in it very strongly but keeps talking about it anyway.
    Weird af

13. Umami

Umami Squib

lol just reads as you were looking for reasons to support your initial impression

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Decent chance i know what sloths keldeo read is.
    Ill put my prediction in wolfchat

15. Umami

Umami Squib

at the expense of considering alternate possibilities

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yup. I get impressions and then figure out what gave me the impression and then try to package it for others
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yup. I get impressions and then figure out what gave me the impression and then try to package it for others

17. Umami

Umami Squib

or, alternatively, you see a potential situation you can exploit, you do a soft push to see if it gets traction, and then you keep with it when it does

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I asked because in the post I'd quoted (your 282), you mentioned grape being somewhat protective of Gemma. Did you consider whether that was more likely to come from a town or scum mindset, especially given he later mentioned he had forced that read for reactions?

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes same thing

20. Umami

Umami Squib

@tom, anchoring bias isn't generally considered a strength
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would think it was more likely town given the huge momentum against Gemma