1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Anyway, Keldeo:
    I touched upon this a few times and I know I haven't been to only one to notice this, but his play this game has been one of armchair psychologist. For those that don't understand the term, just look at this convenient photo.
    He's essentially playing a purely detached, uninvolved, above-of-it-all game, where he asks softball questions and hmms, making a note and moving on. It may seem ironic that I'm the one accusing someone else of doing this, but that's only the case if you haven't been paying attention 'cause my questions always lead somewhere.

When asked about his townplay (by me), he described it as the following:
    I'd call this an accurate self-assessment.
    Compare to his MCU BW play, and you do see this idea of support; however, there is also a more proactive player, more willing to push his leads and reads, rather than just lay them out for others to make of what they will and soft prod (i.e. this entire game). Not someone who leads, sure, but someone who makes sure the thread knows where he stands at any moment.

Regarding his scumplay:
    As scum you want to answer this question with as much truth as possible while also nothing a separation. For the most part this describes his play this game, except for the "decisive" part, which I mentioned I actually thought was lower in this game than in a confirmed town game.

Essentially since D1, I have watched Keldeo ask questions that are pretty soft, talk about analysis on players - which (1) are fairly easy to fake, and (2) heavily subjective (as in, he thinks this player wouldn't behave in such a way as scum, as town, etc.) - and make zero decisive moves (look at the timing of any of his votes and lack of serious pushes)

I've tried pushing him to make decisive statements ("who would you lynch unimpeded?" "who would you shot if you had been given the gun?" "what does this mean?") however his responses don't really match up to his actions - there was a large focus on fire, who I mentioned was just weird in that new "don't really understand the game yet" sort of way, so I didn't really get the interest beyond an easy lynch, that carried over briefly into rhand without much pay off or effort to press (and now he's townfirmed, so yeah).

Beyond that, I've also noticed a sort of malicious undercurrent to his statements, which was the first thing that caught my eye back in D1 with that fonti/gemma situation:
    To me, that first bold/underlines statement is sleazy, and the last one is more leading rather than interested in the answer. This post is fanning the flames of that 1v1: Keep arguing, keep setting up a ML. Which is what almost happened. It only turned to Umami last minute thanks to tom and some other idiot that connected umami to gemminer.

You kinda see that throughout the game, and you also see that in every wagon Keldeo's joined since. It's also what I wanted to discuss with Tom (he may have seen it given the coy convo we had?) or maybe he saw something else. Either way, Keldeo's questions are hollow, his arguments fabricated, and his attitude has been one of careful uninvolvement which I don't recall from his town game.

Again, vote Keldeo (already did it above).

On to Grape and Cobalt (?)

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

UNVOTE

3. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Like this is an extension of a thought from earlier - theoretically, if we went onto someone else who's mafia, Rhand being on Sloth, plus that person and their wolf buddies probably not voting them, means everyone else has to agree on that person to even reach soft lynch. That seems hard, I don't know if everyone's around.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The best reason to townread me, by the way, is that I have a flawless postcount tell of never posting more than about 60 times a phase as a wolf. I've broken far past that this game multiple times, even counting automerges as one post.

4. Sloth

Oh right! Thank god Miner shot within that pool and solved this decisively.
    Oh wait.

Also I couldn't have made it clearer I'm not basing anything on scum reasoning giving the gun out.

5. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Sloth, if you're town, I appreciate those thoughts, and I will give them careful consideration. Otherwise thanks for the WIFOM.

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hmmm... that's a good point. It would be nice if anyone who is around in any capacity would voice that ASAP.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is such a disgusting post. It's among others, but it still stands out.

7. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I'm pretty tired of being pushed for being indecisive.

I was genuinely confused in that post you point out, Sloth. How is saying "Sorry, I don't understand?" sleazy?

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I prefer sloth, but I'd vote for any of sloth/waco/cobalt if needed.

9. Sloth

What is the point of me having to refresh 3-4 times before getting (what I hope is) the real version of this page...?
    M7 and Keldeo, you are the ones replying right? This thing is annoying.

10. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm honestly pretty tired of it as well. I respect your potential scum range, but there are SO MANY reasons you're town that frankly I'm going to have to apparently fistfight people soon.

11. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Yes.

12. Sloth

@Keldeo like, I appreciate this if you're town, and I'm sorry if so...but how are you not, dude?

13. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

I’m here. And I’m impressed with that Keldeo case from Sloth :/

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Cuth, do you remember why you had Sloth/Sera as not w/w?

This is why I'm not really sure what I should be doing right now, because like, is the lynch decided? I don't like feeling that way.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If I'm actually coming across as sleazy, I apologize, because that isn't my intention at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Grapefruit21 @Fluffiness are you here?

15. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I feel similarly.

Here are my updated reads (this time arranged within groups as well):

Towncore:
    Keldeo
    Cuth
    Grape

Probably town:
    Fluff

Upper POE (not actively scumreading but crunched by POE):
    Serabalt

Lower POE (actively scumreading):
    Waco
    Sloth

--- Post automerged ---
    Tell me more.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't really like feeling this way either. I'm potentially up for a Waco lynch instead of Sloth but not sure what else we can do.

16. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

Sloth must feel that he’s getting lynched. So what is he even doing?
    Why put so much effort in a case when you’re mafia and dying?
    Is it last minute distancing? Or does he really think that out of all possible people we’re gonna lynch Keldeo?

gah the wine.

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

@Sloth

If we found each other as town and I've lost you, I apologize. Please tell me directly something you want me to know and/or look more into.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay I think this is the first time I'm being affected by the April Fool's bs because it said Sloth made this post.

What the fuck?

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I really don't know, the wine I guess? It is a lot of effort, but Sloth strikes me as a lot of effort kind of guy. Regardless of alignment I respect the move.

What do you personally think? Should we still lynch Sloth or switch to Waco or someone else?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lmao, that's pretty amazing actually.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It's not.