1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I want to hear from fluff before I do too much else, but I'm around to talk if you want to.

2. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I'll hit you up if I have any further questions but I'm not seeing anything right now that needs explaining.

Did you have any thoughts about my fluff ISO is that something you don't want to talk about before Fluff posts?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just very weirded out by how passive this day has been. I know caution is important in a situation like this but no one has lobbed any sort of accusation yet and I don't know what to make of it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There is a part of me that wants to just sheep Osie blindly. Actually that's another ISO to read.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Not much to comment on outside of stuff that'd come up from me ISOing him which I don't want to do in detail until he's said some stuff that isn't "hmm" or defending himself against perceivedly spurious accusations.

I honestly think neither of you would really benefit that much from pushing strong out of the gate, so I'm not surprised but it also doesn't really make it easier to get a read on the gamestate, no.
    --- Post automerged ---
    fluff was osie's second lowest read after me lol iirc

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I don't agree that in a wolf grape world wolves were hard distancing all that much
    --- Post automerged ---
    In fact there's a series of posts that really makes me wonder how you came to that conclusion.

5. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Just putting this here to cross reference with Rhand's case to see if it's a fair representation.

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Can you talk about this? 'Cos they voted each other repeatedly across several phases in places that don't really classify as, uh, "soft distancing".

7. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I'm surprised you haven't given your previously stated reads. You were town reading me but I never got the impression that you were as strongly as you were Fluff.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

It's true that I was reading Fluff much more strongly v than you for most of the game, but it's f3. Neither of you have been around that much in the last few days and I was assuming you were both villagers until the Cobalt flip, so I wanted to hear from both of you in the context of lylo and have time to work through things before just snapping, and a big part of that is doing my due diligence on you (and fluff).

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sloth Waco and Grape were also townreading each other at various points, and when Waco was given the opportunity to vote Grape and tie up the wagons on day two, he pointedly did not take that chance.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, these quotes are from various points in Days 1 and 2, and they're only the ones I found at first glance while skimming. I don't see how you decided they were hard distancing.

--- Post automerged ---
    I just noticed something about that readlist from Waco that would be hilarious if Grape is scum, lol.

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I think the best look from Grape's posts specifically is the vote on Sloth at EoD2, but I'm more talking about how Sloth (and Waco, to an extent) treated him. I don't really want to reread the entire game for a second time to pull up all of the relevant quotes, but I'll grab a few to show you what I mean.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fluffiness
    --- Post automerged ---
    Because by "grab a few" I mean reuse Keldeo's case again.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Eh, I'm not putting much stock in his Sloth vote tbh. It didn't particularly read like a read that he was desperately trying to push, given that it was literally just "vote Sloth" and there was no real Sloth pressure at the time iirc.

I need to check what exactly the vote situation was at that point.

12. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

@Cuthalion I wasn't expecting you to vote me out of the gate or anything. I just expected you dive into my ISO first. But I guess you just aren't publicly posting your notes so it makes sense in that regard.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

It was on the back of Rhand pushing there all day, was the second vote, and happened when multiple people were actively clamoring for a counterwagon to osie. Wasn't just a throwaway.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would have if I'd had the energy but being alive in this situation wasn't on my list of exciting things i'd planned to do this week so it took a while to get to that point :p

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Really? I just saw people clamoring for an osie lynch.

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Just looked back and it was mostly M+ and grape lol

But M+ really did say the word counterwagon many times.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also Keldeo.

16. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I was clamoring for a counter. I don't think anyone disagreed or agreed strongly. Tom called it a shrug about 5 times. I'm actually reading that part of Cuth's ISO right now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Osie's case didn't move the needle for me. If you were right it didn't get me there Osie. Sorry. Your conviction is moving though.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

@Cuthalion can you remind me again why you wanted Cobalt to be the Day3 counterwagon?

18. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

The post Miner shot section is not a great look for Cuth.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also Rhand GOAT. Keldeo had a pretty awesome mid game as well.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And yes I know Miner called it as a Rhand/Keldeo or Waco/Sloth team too but they weren't as on point finding the 3rd.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

This was after we'd done a bunch of worldbuilding and concluded (for no real reason, as it turned out) that sera wasn't w/w with sloth, and thus only would make sense as a wolf in a rhand/waco/sera world. Waco, while he fit in a lot of worlds, didn't really have any associations, where a sera flip would basically lock sloth's alignment one way or another and likely have implications for other players, grape's the only one i remember off the top of my head (unaligned with sloth).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fluff, are you reading the context of any of the posts you're asking me about?

20. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Okay Sloth seems like a fun guy. And is really pleasant in spec chats, but I have a hard time imaging him being the driving force behind Fluff's posts the way tom was in MCU. Waco does not strike me as the handholding type. So I come to the conclusion the Fluff probably wasn't heavily coached this game. So where does that leave Tom's read?
    --- Post automerged ---
    After ISO'ing both I'm heavily leaning towards Cuth scum. Going to ISO the dead scum now.