1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Hashasheen, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

2. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Finally! I was wondering how long it would take for a MLP Fim Thread to pop up.

Full HD 1080p Episodes can be aquired by navigating DerpyHooves.com. Epic clarity is Epic.

I mainly stick to EQdaily, ponychan, and the STEAM group to avoid the R34.

Also, Rarity is boss.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Favourite episode has to be either A Dog and Pony Show (Rarity is a boss, as ZombieHunter said) or Boast Busters (Twilight is an epic boss). By sheer coincidence both of those happen to feature Spike at his best too, and he's top of my favourite characters poll at the moment.

4. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

So we in agreement to have a reasonable discussion group here, banning all sorts of pedo/bestiality fans from the moment they arrive?

Edit: And I mean that for MLP:FIM. We've got too many pedos in other fandoms here (HELLO VASH) to kick them out en masse.

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Sounds good. Oh, and Rainbow Dash is the best pony, though they all got their moment in the spotlight.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Fuck you. Fluttershy has a beautiful soul and thus is the best.

Come at me bro. :facepalm

7. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pinky Pie!Pinky Pie!Pinky Pie!Pinky Pie!Pinky Pie!Pinky Pie!Pinky Pie! Is the beeeeest.

8. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I propose that all new members who have likely been intimidated by DLPs fearsome reputation be directed to this thread.

9. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

I watched an episode, and I deem this to be on the same level as Spongebob (pre-movie); worth watching, but not planning ahead to watch. Still think it's hilarious how people are so self-conflicted over watching a cartoon just because it's about rainbow ponies; we've all played Robot Unicorn Attack, right?

10. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

One thing that really stands out is the talent of the voice actors, they seem like they are totally into the characters they are playing; nothing sounds fake. If the characters are surprised/temporarily insane/shy/whining, they actually sound genuine while so many cartoons or kid's shows have that sense of fakeness like putting on a face for work type of fakeness.

On a different topic, yes this is a great show, yes I have no qualms talking about it as a grown man, and yes, I will perform Chinese torture on any sullying of this pass time by the things Tehan has unfortunately experienced in other places.

All hail the commencement of DLPony!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  11. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

All Hail DLPony!

I'll just drop this gem off:

[​IMG]

Over from DeviantArt. Goddamn it, so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

12. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

For DLPony!

[​IMG]

13. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I'm still amazed at how good a job the animators did. I don't think I've ever seen an American cartoon where the characters are so freaking expressive.

And yeah, the voice acting was superb, only adding to it.

[​IMG]

14. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

MLP:FiM is Flash animation at its finest; I think only Wakfu comes close to being as well done.

Also.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Okay, fic idea, because this is a fanfiction site, damn it and we're not going to let this fandom free from our grasp!

The basic premise is a noir style story in the same vein as the Dresden Files with PI Twilight Sparkle of Canterlot investigating the murder of Fluttershy of Ponyville. Twilight is, of course, very talented at magic. Spike would be the sarcastic side kick as he is in canon, but I'm thinking of making him a cop too, under Police Chief Luna (who has the job by royal appointment). Plot spoilers ahead, some of which I'm kinda ashamed I could think of.

My idea is that Fluttershy was part of a criminal group led by Luna (who I want to give the alias Nightmare Moon, but that would make it too obvious), but due to her fundamentally soft heart tried to get out with a bunch of enslaved ponies, for which she was murdered. The group itself is a prostitution ring ran by Madam Rarity, who has a History with Twilight.

The other characters are Pinkie 'The Singing Psycho' Pie, who is a bi-polar psychopath with a penchant for breaking out into song. Rainbow Dash the infamous bank robber. Applejack the drug mule (nickname only, she's the one who makes the drugs), and finally Fluttershy, who had once been the trainer for the new recruits to Rarity's brothel. I'm honestly not sure whether to include a filly prostitution ring, since it kinda disgusts me just to think about it, but it would fit in well with Twilight's backstory if I did.

On that note, Twilight's story is that she ran away from home at a young age and was picked up by Rarity, who is a handler for the ring at this point. She's taken and trained somewhat by Fluttershy's predecessor and hooked on some low level drugs, but balks at the idea of going ahead with an actual customer. I'm thinking Prince Blueblood would be the one.

So she runs away again, heading back home this time, and her family sort out the problems that came along with. They lose some social/economic standing in the process and have to move away from Court. Cue reason for Twilight's cynical attitude towards royalty in general and Luna in particular, since nothing apparent had been done to stop the ring.

So many years later, Twilight is a Private Investigator and is hired to investigate the murder of a pony named Fluttershy, whom she remembers from her own days of being trained by the ring (they never really spoke, being that Fluttershy is, well, shy and because limited exposure to other ponies is the policy while in training).

That's most of the back story covered, but I have a few special scenes planned out in my head already. One of them begins with Twilight meeting Pinkie Pie in a bar and ends with singing slaughter (I wouldn't post lyrics, since I have no talent for them and songfics suck in the first place).

So yeah, that's an idea for a fic. Does it sound workable?

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Dude.

Have it Knightmare, instead of Nightmare. Explain it away by the groups name never being written down, and only being communicated verbally, so it's assumed as such, with a Knight mottif. :3

But fuck you.

You dare keel Fluttershy? :'(

17. Aekiel

High Score:
    Good idea, I think I'll borrow that, if you don't mind.

She was the only one I could think of that would make the decent choice when she'd practically been raised in the most decadent and debauched environment. Rainbow Dash was too ambitious to pick for a equestitarianism streak, and was unaffiliated anyway. Pinkie Pie was too important for the plot, as was Rarity, and Applejack would only get involved if her family was affected. Being that I'd have to warp the characters a bit to fit the darker theme, while keeping their main traits intact, Fluttershy was the only choice. Plus, while she takes a while to get to that point, she is still pretty damn brave once the situation calls for it.

I feel bad for doing it, but this is a noir-PI story; there has to be a death at the beginning, it's a staple of the genre.

18. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God, I love this forum.

19. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I think you're going to have to use a filly prostitution ring if/when you delve into Twilight's past. Even if that doesn't happen, its existence could be acknowledged but not shoved into the readers' face.

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    That's a better idea. I don't like the thought of having to write a detailed description of such things, so this will work out a whole lot better for me.