1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto (High School)

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by cloudfightback, Jan 15, 2012.

1. It usually links with Kakashi as a high school teacher.
    I remember each chapter title was Week 1, Week 2, and so forth.
    It was pretty good as it was top writing, and I found it like...four/five years ago and I wish to read it again.

Does anyone know which fanfiction I'm looking for?

2. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Seriously? Get out.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  4. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

Which is like saying getting bashed in the face repeatedly by a claw hammer is preferable to being flayed alive.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a good Naruto high school fic, more akin to HP than this kind of stuff, and obviously within the Narutoverse (chakra and ninjas and stuff are part of the charm, after all). If, for example, shinobi were only recruited above 18, and had regular schooling (along with, perhaps, basic military training) up to that time, and if it was more than sappy romance wangst fare. HP has a great story about a boy growing up to face his responsibilities and challenge his parents' murderer - Naruto could have a similar storyline, with an orphan struggling to make friends in high school while the world outside turns darker due to Akatsuki's actions.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah it would be nice except 99% of High School fics are just self insert wankfest.

7. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    One could say much the same about just about any category of fanfiction. Personally, I've always thought a good enough writer can find a way to make any idea work.

After all, a lot of the most hated cliches within a given fandom get their start as one author getting a good idea and making a brilliant story out of it, and then thousands of less talented people doing poor knock-offs of the original.

8. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

In the Naruto Fandom, High School fics are the equivalent of Soul Bonds- You can make fun of them and get something good, but the idea was shit, is shit, and will most likely continue to be shit because its hopelessly sappy. 99% of the people who even like the idea are the rabid fan girls who write/read endless amounts of yaoi.

Still, if anyone wants to prove me wrong, go for it.

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

While there is some evidence to this theory, there is a limit. This is not one of them, nor will it ever be because the people who could make it work have no desire to make it work. Its an ungodly terrible device.

This ends one of two ways:

1: Kyuubi ends up being the roguishly handsome motorcycle gang leader forcing the surpressed Naruto into being his buttpirate whore, and the heroine (Read: Author's Self-Insert) sweeps in and makes it all puppies and rainbows.

1: Hinata's father ends up being an abusive asshat, forcing Hinata (Read: Author replacing Hinata) to marry Neji or some shit, and the Naruto sweeps in and makes it all puppies and rainbows.