1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Zenzao -- I don't give two shits that you have moved me more scummily in your list. I will be dead and it won't matter. Vote someone please. Anyone.

---------- Post automerged at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

And yes because I follow the rule of Mod confirmed on top and bottom. I am mod confirmed town to myself duh.

2. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Zenzao, if you're a townie, and you're not at the top of your readwall (if you bother to include yourself at all) I think that'd be way weirder. Excepting dead people.

There are no mechanically confirmed alignments at this point. I think TMNT is the closest.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yes I do. We are all assuming TMNT's arguments as the judge. There is no side by side feature of a read wall Titus demands.

4. Atum

Oh and I thought about you while making that list, but got distracted. You're not a townread of mine, but you're not really a scumread, so you didn't quite fit. Honestly, I don't remember much about you this game except the Math tunnel.

---------- Post automerged at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

At Zenzao.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

So Zenzao Atum vote someone please so consolidation can begin. I don't even give a crap if it is me just vote now.

6. Titus

Titus Squib

I am not sure if the positioning is significant Z.

This is literally the most agreeable town that cannot get a wagon going ever.

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

A Waco wagon was set til you went all insane monkey "Math is scum because a birdie said so" If we do not get a lynch I am going to blame your birdie and then see if I can find chicken for dinner because I want roasted bird.

---------- Post automerged at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

Oh and I townread your bird I am just so annoyed

8. Atum

Uhhh, already voting Pozzai.

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 ----------

And TMNT is alive so we should still get a lynch assuming he has someone cued/is around at day end.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

That was I believed trolling. Are they your top read?

---------- Post automerged at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Great! That sounds brilliant! Let's leave the lynch in the hands of the same guy every week and never post. Said no townie ever.

How about instead we lynch Waco?

10. Atum

Vote: Qgqqqq

My scum team was in order.

---------- Post automerged at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

And honestly, I'd rather have the lynch in TMNT's hands then yours. Because again, scumread.

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Qg Read Stuff, or Vote Qg Because Scum. But Really Though.

Note: God this was insanely brutal. Like, this took forever. I'm so over ciphering through posts that I missed in the many, many pages that have sprung up in the times I wasn't around, and reading for context, and.. you get it. This took hours, with a couple breaks during to come up for air. My girlfriend hates me so much right now. :(

-Opens with an RVS vote on Waco, which I personally think supports my bussing theory (will get to the heart of that in a bit, bu scummates often mention each other early). Would be indifferent if not for my theory later. Post #32.

-Makes short case on Mathblade and votes for solid reasons. Liked this one. Post #37.

-Several explanations to Newcomb in here. Could just be politeness, but it has the feel of posting to get his postcount up early while not saying anything. Not a fan. Posts #32, 37, 53, 95, and 99.

-Notes potential Math buddying, asks what meta she's referring to. Follows up by pointing out she seems to be focusing on Zenzao overmuch. Liked these. Posts #101 and #105.

-Continues to push back at Math pursuing Zenzao and not him. Like this, but also turning into a bit of a defense of Zenzao. Liking this a little less at this point. Post #127.

-More setup, meta, occasionally discussing other people's reads or even asking a question, etc. None of these are bad posts individually (in fact, I agree with many of them), but I'm not loving the pattern here in that he's only made one read of his own to this point. Specifically looking at posts #173, 175, 177, 185, 188, 194, 196, 220, 222, 260.

-Post #257 is better, in that it has reads, but they're very soft. As in, almost every read has something giving him a way to slip out. Lots of null leaning x and very weaks in here. Not an inspiring read list for the first real one he posted. Also, TWK is town from Q's POV at his point. Yeah, long time to change, but notice he's mentioned him again, while still not commenting on half the thread.

-Post #424 and #428: Q on a little defense. Has to defend something he said wrt Newcomb, but these are to the point, and then he moves away from this. Soon enough, he's back to posting things that aren't a read he can be called on.

-Post 638 is looks decent, but still has a large element of holding back when you really read it. Two big paragraphs amount to maybe a slight town and scum lean on Math and Titus, but mostly a big bowl of idk. Past that, we have exactly one person being called strong town (fonti, which might've been true when you posted this, but I found her to be kinda apathetic until late Day 1, although very self assured), and everybody else given a read qualifier of "lean". No commitment at all here. Also, TWK has disappeared here.

-Role talk in 731, 755, 757, and 760, which isn't really a good thing ever in this manner. No, it isn't particularly rolefishy, but at best it's speculation on things that aren't pressuring his top scum read, the identity of which isn't very clear at this point because Q is being so noncommittal. By the end we are at least getting a little speculation on Titus, so there is that, I guess. Still, its more of the same complete lack of commitment.

-Post 804, or "I'd like for people to see me having a strong opinion, so I'm calling out Jan's read wrt to Titus-Pozzai, but I'm going to claim the analysis made me less sure so I better avoid the actual vote." Really, I think that covers it. No record for a vote analysis, and it doesn't read poorly in the moment, I'd imagine, but its a facade read. Ie a read that isn't a read at all, but just made to look like one. Post 852 is more of the same, backing off of his read there and saying things like (paraphrase) "I wouldn't do things that way, but he might just be awkward."

-Post 854. We get the dreaded "If was scum/when I do roll scum" post, which always makes me suspicious on principle. If you're not scum, don't think about what you'd do if you were. If somebody says something you disagree with about how scum behave in general, just say that. Even if I'm off here, though, this still marks a return to discussing meta stuff, which is more time that Qg is neglecting to apply any real pressure to anyone.

-Post 872. "Tide is swinging towards TMNT, better throw a vote and some reasoning down on this so I don't look scummy for joining late."

-Post 882. "People have seen me vote, wouldn't want to end the day so I better pull mine back off again."

-No clue where the quote from 1135 is, but it was pretty spot on. Obviously I'm still not done, but the issue is that he won't commit to anything. There's always wiggle room. That just gave me a nasty feeling in the first couple hundred posts, but that shouldn't be something a town player has to defend against 1100 posts into the game.

-Spends some time chasing after why people might be talking about a scum Pozzai, and basically avoids the main conversation topics (Jan's thing and TMNT's scuminess) before logging off. No, no post numbers here. I accidentally closed the pages. Would check, but I think the case stands without them and I'm so tired of this already. Coincidentally, I'm probably going to be slightly less through as I move on from here because I've exhausted myself doing this and I'm pretty certain my case is apparent.

-Post 1572. "Can somebody please tell me what consensus town thinks about everything that's happening in the thread right now so I can sheep that and continue to be noncommittal?" with a side of "I am the voice of reason fonti and Newcomb, let me mediate you guys so we're all happy and you both townread me".

-Post 1578. For the first time in forever, I actually almost like a Qg post when reading it. I agree with what is said here. But. The timing was poor, as it had him talking about scum!Pozzai while everyone else was trying to lynch TMNT. So, one of two things: Qg wanted to be seen very publicly not going along with the TMNT lynch because he knew that he was town and wanted distance, or he actually didn't believe that TMNT needed to be lynched. If the second case was correct, he wouldn't have voted him and brought him closer to lynch with a wagon already on him only to hop off because he didn't want to have someone hammer. To me, that indicates the first option must be correct.

-Yeah, then we get the Pozzai vote in 1580. Definitely wants his vote elsewhere. The pretense being that Pozzai is more likely to feel pressure to defend himself with a vote on him, but TMNT is at 6. One vote does not pressure make in that scenario.

-Surprising amount of Rubicon interaction to me. I was gone for a big chunk of that on the 4th, so I didn't see a lot of Rubicon. I've been struggling to keep up this whole time, so I haven't had a chance to go back and read him yet. I'm too damn over this to dig for that right now, but Rubicon ties could be pretty damning as well.

-Scum list in 1980 is troublingly close to mine without the inclusion of Citrus, which makes me wonder if I might not be wrong about some of them. Doubt he'd bus his whole team... Regardless, at damn near 2000 posts in, he's still giving him scumspects qualifiers like not set in stone. Do I even need to finish this case? Also, this is where Waco suddenly becomes scum. 1700 posts ago he read town to Qg, and now he's scum despite the fact that to my knowledge they never interacted and Q never commented on anything pertaining to him. Still, that's a long time, whatever.

-Actually agree with what he says about Waco in 2016 for the most part. No real caveats. Kinda skeeving me out, honestly. That said, a Waco lynch wasn't happening here, so this doesn't really do anything to derail my theory that they were bussing.

-Qg's EoD Day 1 stuff reads well enough. I mean, it should, since he got exactly what he wanted in keeping his vote well away from any sort of VCA for later, but yeah, nothing off about it.

-He sees fonti's death and immediately thinks it's more likely that she was shot to lead town down the "false trail" of Qg, Waco, and Pozzai than because she was onto something? Really? Pull the other one.

-2369. You and fonti were the only ones that put forth information for TMNT to help him decide? Really? How about Banks? How about Titus? Titus was right in that people needed to be careful to not out themselves as not being the judge if TMNT had turned out to be scum, but there were plenty of reads put out there, which is how Rubicon got shot unless I'm very mistaken.

-Then the bussing starts. At least that's what I think. Here's my logic (note: it's probably disjointed. I've read basically the entire thread while doing this, albeit in as focused a way as I could manage).

I think that Waco and Qg said "oh fuck, fonti is on us" during the end of Day 1. Suddenly Waco appears on Qg's scum list. Newcomb brings it up, and he makes a pretty good post on some scummy things that Waco has done. Day 2, Qg floats the idea that fonti was killed because her reads were wrong, as some sort of head-fake to town. None of that really takes, though, and they're both under suspicion still, at least to some degree, so while town was chasing the wild hare that was Citrus (I think, anyways), they decide to separate from each other definitively by having a back and forth that led them to place votes on one another.

To that end, it wouldn't have been a bad plan (assuming I'm right and this happened) if Citrus had been the TMNT of today. They could have let that unfold, and then back off a bit Day 3. Citrus showed that he was pretty towny though, and the wagon died quickly leaving them the main targets by way of scuminess and fonti's final reads. At this point, I think they're just hoping somebody else will come up that they can latch on and get out of the day without being down another member of their team.

So yeah, that's what I got. That fucking shot my night :( Vote Qg for great justice, because he such scummy scum.

Banks, I saw your post, so I'm going to try to get through it before bed (getting more than 3 hours of sleep is for scum and losers, right?) because it will take infinitely less time than the call for going through Waco like I just did with Qg. If I have time before the day end I'll do both, but Rubicon has so many fewer posts. So yeah, on that now, I guess.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Have you ever seen my name in a readwall I've posted since CYS? It goes without saying that I view myself as town and don't require slotting myself in there just for the sake of it. The real issue I was trying to point out before getting sidetracked looking through varying other posts is that she has TMNT above NIGHT-KILLED FONTI. Even if you're taking TMNT at face value on the Judge!claim(and I am) how and why are you doing that?

Pick which and place me closest, as others have been doing. Or just categorize me as in-between/undecided. But flat-out excluding me? mfw

See above. NIGHT-KILLED FONTI is the only player Mod confirmed right now and, to steal your phrasing, I don't give two shits about what you say about yourself in that argument.

I hadn't voted at the end of that last post to be sure I wasn't hammering by omission. The pace posts stack up in here that isn't hard to imagine.

UNVOTE

Lynch Vote Waco.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

There. At least getting somewhere.

Now Atum do you think Waco and Typhon are town or scum bussing? I believe scum mislynch and Kalas and Banks have hinted at coordination.

Let's assume I am blowing smoke (I am not) and your scum team is right. I have already a billion town firms that I have expressly said I will never vote for. Tell me why scum would handicap themselves like that? Because if I ever vote them I will be called scum.

---------- Post automerged at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:11 ----------
    Zenzao -- Thank you for voting. May the epic consolidation begin.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Good.

/10chars

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Typhon -- Thank you for that. I believe you are incorrect here but maybe it will shed some light.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, fuck it. I'll stay up till I finish basically everything that I reasonably can. Gonna take at least a hour and a half nap, though. That means at maximum I can be here for about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Who wants what from me?

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Nice rundown, Typhon. Kudos.

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

No problem. I promised a wall, so I was going to get it out. I just have been swamped.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    And Typhon, could you expand on what you've found scummy about me as you mentioned in your #2658 wall?

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

A smile and a vote on your top scumspect. I have a pretty hardcore scum read on you and your time is short so do with what you believe townie.

---------- Post automerged at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Typhon -- Not sure if Banks is here but please see this post