1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That would in turn fuck us over because of how strongly Scumread she was and being caught out as nearly-conf!Scum, because then we would only be looking for two Scum instead of three.

---------- Post automerged at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Then she should phrase it correctly as 3P and 2 Scum, unless she also now believes that Math was innocent?

2. Titus

Titus Squib

@Z

I was using "scum" as a generic for "not town" my bad there. If Math was town (remote), then there's 4 scum in that pool. If Math was scum, then 3 scum.

3. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I am well aware of that, and I did not ever state it would be good for the towns' win condition, merely that on a personal level I'd find the idea humourous.

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Right. So who in your opinion is the remaining Scum at this point? I'd like a separate opinion from when Waco posts later ToDay.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Did you or Waco get a result?

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Begrudgingly I'll accept that answer. I'd like to say the same, but frankly, being wrong on Math after all the chaos she instigated would just sicken me.

---------- Post automerged at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

:colbert:
    Hrm.

---------- Post automerged at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

This is better left unanswered until after every player has reacted to Banks' demise. Why should be obvious.

7. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Why? There's no point stalling the discussion, everyone will check in at different times.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Well, okay. So both nights go by without any extra deaths except the NK.

Level 1 assumptions:

Poisoner is dead and Kabuto didn't puppet N1. May have puppeted N2 and the hammer is coming down N3, making it critical to find him today.

At least one of Rubicon / MathBlade was either groupscum or Tobi, or else we'd have seen another NK. That, or the town role that can do that is dead. Looking at OoO, it's possible Banks was Sai - Sai's vig shot comes after the NK.

Things I'm thinking about:

fonti NK followed by Banks NK means we should be looking pretty closely at the ways their reads lined up and trying to interpret where scum saw the danger.

MathBlade hard-defended Qg, who's probably next on the chopping block given the tenor of the thread. I honestly can't tell if this is good for Qg or bad for him.

Interested to hear Waco's check last night. Really no reason to hide it from the thread, right? Another conf. town is always good, and getting a guilty would make this an easy day.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    To see how every play reacts and where mistakes are made that could help point out Scum trying to feign a reaction. Waco just coming out and stating "checked player X lastNight" would disrupt that and clue in the Scum, assuming Math was Sasuke and they've lost that very valuable insight.

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Newcomb, the read isn't conftown but prob town as one of Tobi/Godfather still exists. Mathblade could not be both.

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Well yeah, I mean with no flips and two roles that check as not their real alignment, we're always dealing in probabilities.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hmm. Okay.

Thoughts incoming.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Z, why was 3 the number you objected to?

14. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I will look through what Banks stated to see if there's something important, as I said earlier his final reads were that there was a scum in Qg and one between you and Typhon.

Whether that means he was killed for being right, or killed to make us believe he was right is something worth looking into.

Jan is another one that would probably require a bit of a read up, did he out as "not the cop" in a situation it was too late to salvage Mathblade's claim? In my opinion(from memory), no, so if Mathblade and Jan were scum together, why did he not claim? I don't see Jan and Mathblade on the same team, so Jan's alignment heavily depends on Mathblade's alignment. If Mathblade was mafia, Jan is town/3p and Mathblade hoped he'd go "nah I'm not Naruto, I am "blank"" as a response to her. If Mathblade was wrong town, it's possible for Jan to be anything, and if Mathblade was Tobi(highly unlikely imo) he could be either town or mafia, but I'd lean more town due to the reaction of being 'outed as cop'.

Von could potentially be scum, Fonti's read on him came rather late and he's not been as active as I've been hearing he tends to. Also a n1 Fonti death could help him coast by a little. That being said, I've read him town the entire game, and would probably not go for him as today's target.

Newcomb has been a rock throughout this game, I don't see him being scum, as the game continues cracks might start to appear forcing me to look into him, but at this point I'd say him and Von are my "should probably not lynch today" targets outside the confirms.

If I am correct on the last two, Banks' final words seems to be more likely correct reads, than wrong ones.

Citrus have been only slightly leaning town for me this game, I did like the reaction around Titus yesterday when Titus insinuated his buddy had a red check on him, but as the scumteam knew the check was on Mathblade, could he not easily react that way as an actual red?

Kalas I've generally felt good about, and would probably lynch last of the non comfirms.

Atum has been a bit up and down for me, he started out a strong townread, fell, bounced a bit up again, fell again. I don't know if the discontinuity(is this even the correct word?) is because I am bad at reading him, or if it's because he has a tough time keeping up the facade.

My lynch order atm if I had full control would probably be Qg>Typhon>Zen>Citrus>Atum>Jan=Kalas>Von>Newcomb.

---------- Post automerged at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

What if I told you Banks, Jan, Fonti and myself know each other fairly well, does that impact your opinion on why the kills were made?

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Pozzai/Waco should keep the check under wraps for now imo

---------- Post automerged at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I'll be back later, out at the moment (thought day would start in a few hours but then saw posts unread!)

16. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Will come out later as the theory phase is interesting to observe.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote: Jan

/10accusations

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Relevant Banks posts.

Also, Snow.
    Bothers me. Since everyone else was doing it why wouldn't Scum follow suit to mimic?

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good Morning.

V/LA for the weekend.

---------- Post automerged at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Zenzao, I just didn't understand his original question, the way he phrased it.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Because we've been operating under the assumption of Orochimaru!Rubicon all of yesterDay and then Sasuke!Mathblade toward DayEnd. Yet you say 3-4 Scum(Tobi is not Scum, only 3P). I'll admit that Math could have been Tobi and we may still have 3 Scum left, but just the way you started with that bothered me.