1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I dunno, man. Granted, I was trying to follow it on my phone while dealing with a spotty connection and a bunch of RL distractions, but it was not at all a clear situation for me.

I mean if Math actually was Sasuke that was just such an incredibly weird way to play it. So it's D2, and at the beginning of the day scum know MB was checked. This should be a slam-dunk for scum - a green on Sasuuke is huge. I mean, yeah because of the roles cop always has to keep that in mind, but you can never check someone and get back "innocent" and then think "well now I feel worse about that person."

With the entire scumteam knowing the check was on MB the entire day, how did they ever think that double fakeclaim whatever the fuck it was was a) going to work, and b) a good idea?

It just... doesn't make sense. MB was playing the reach, stretch, overreact / hyperbole / hyper-reactive persona since page one.

Maybe I'm remembering the sequence of events wrong - god knows this thread is long enough that it all just kind of blurs together - but how the fuck is what MB did in any way the right think to do as Sasuke with a known green check on you?

As I remember it, it was Waco claiming Hinata that got MB to CC... that move makes so little sense as Sasuke!MB... but it doesn't make a ton of sense as 3P/Town MB either. Like, was she so convinced Waco was scum that she just knew in her heart Waco was lying? And was she expecting the real Hinata to just sit by and go, "yep, seems legit"?

I keep going over it and the whole thing is just baffling. Argh, like two posts and I'm already going back on my "let's just ignore MathBlade" thing.

Anyway, Qg just wanted to say that waffling on MB doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If I had had access to a computer during that time I would have been angsting pretty hard as well. Mainly because it made (and still makes) no sense no matter the role I cast her in.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Actually, now that I think about it, you might be right. Especially given that if Naruto had checked Hinata!Mathblade than he would have opened a conversation with him...so why hit back against him?

Oh god.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah, you see what I'm saying, right? There's a world where we're doing great and managed to lynch Orochimaru and Sasuke D1 and D2, and I really hope we're living in that world.

But there's also a world where we didn't.

4. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

UNVOTE

Happy birthday man <3

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because I agreed with them that you were scummy?

"trolololol screw you for not defending me D2 I'ma just ignore Titus' sudden reversal on you and add to the doubtcast"

Have you been paying any attention to my reaction to this kind of bullshit since my first post? Compare now to early D1 pushing on Math and my reactions to her. Shouldn't be hard to say that I've been up in arms about it most of the game.

Wow, circumstances change! Conveniently you disregard applying this thought process to Atum and Snowvon and stay on them with no hard, given reasoning. Just as you refuse to do so for why you're now turning rabid against me after D1/D2, where, yes, you were hard-core defending me every single time that Math expressed bullshit about me. Let me go gather some of your posts now.

Stopping here for now, on page 7 of 13.

On the opposite we have this.
    #853.
    #726.

Other players.
    I'm noticing you did this to Waco previously.
    Also, this is infuriating.
    #1404 - defending Snow.
    #1437 - see above.
    #1390 - Atum calls out Titus, get's doubtcasted so hard.
    +1 for Hinata/Cop Poz/Waco. You may have had some scummy posts across D2, Pozzai, but this settles any doubts.

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 ----------

EBWOP - My point stands about Atum/Snow, though I have begun to see where you're coming from on sticking to him like glue through to #1512.

In light of Math's Hinata/Ino CC Scumfuckery, looking back at what she's said and done about various players as well as Fonti and Banks should help close in on Kabuto, Guren, and eventually Tobi, just like we've done with Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 06:28 ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 ----------

Fine by me. I've been open to questions(not accusations, see OMGUS and Titus' new 180) since D1. If what has been said about Math pushing at least one Scumbuddy into her Scumreads is true, than Typhon is it. Q should be the last given Math's constant push on him being town.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ohhh Citrus and I gave you a bag of Omgus for your birthday without knowing.
    That is so nice of me!

Happy Birthday!

this game is stacked, 2nd birthday already!

Oh and if pozzai claims his birthday at any point during his game that is him outing as scum (or the game has to last a few months).

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I miss the day start and I only have one page of posts to catch up on. What am I going to do with all this free time?

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Oh. Happy Birthday Citrus!

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Happy Birthday.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Banks :(

Titus how often does this hold true?

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Post to say that I'll be reading today and open to answering anything short, but it will probably be a long time before I get my Zenzao iso post out (read: tonight, maybe). Might have enough time to hammer out that Rubicon interaction thing fairly soon, though. I'll try, anyways.

Feel free to ask me whatever, I keep seeing my name at the bottom of people's read walls but never much reasoning besides other people's interactions with me.

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    One reason is saying "I'll do X by Y" and then "sorry not enough time will have done by Z instead" specifically with regards to Rubicon who we all generally agree upon as Orochimaru, and then myself, who is being Scumread for my interactions with Math(and by Titus of all people ToDay).

Like this,
    That's great that you're open to answering questions. Maybe try pushing some of your own at the game state and players in you Scumlist? Pointing out things you've read so far that feel inconsistent with a town!mindset on players? It doesn't have to be a bloody wall.

What do you think of Titus' reversal on me as soon as I helped her lynch Math? Why do you think Math included you and I with Waco and Pozzai to the very end(is it bussing/distancing or yet more bullshit)? What have your top Scumspects been up to since you last ran them down in a wall?

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------
    Kalas
    Y'wanna throw up some thoughts as well or has the commentary well run dry with Mathblade's sundering?

12. Titus

Titus Squib

What about a Rubicon godfather world?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Rubicon most likely poisoner.

Mathblade cant have been poisoner and there is no reason to keep waco/pozzai alive for another day if the real poisoner is alive (unless mafia is/was not sure who is who).

14. Titus

Titus Squib

I can't see why scum wouldn't poison though. Is possession delayed?

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

yes it is.

i think i know what happened and i am inclined to tell you, but i would prefer to get everyone on a little scumhunt before we do that.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

As for the first part, that's just straight up time constraints. I know that it's a frustrating thing, but I just haven't managed yet. I'm off work tomorrow and Monday, so I know I'll be able to post a good bit then, but I work from 6AM to 4PM EST, often outside with a fair chance of working later any given day. Now, if things go well and I have a light day, then yes, I'll make some real progress, but if not then you guys are pointing at me avoiding you as a scum tell.

Basically, dammed if I do, dammed if I don't, as we see here.

I mean, I think Qg is scum. I've said so repeatedly, and felt so strongly about it that I thought they needed to be lynched before Waco yesterday, which was where Math suddenly put me on her scum team originally.

So sure, yeah, questions. Zenzao, why would Qg not be scum to you?

Really, I'm genuinely curious of anybody's answer here. Is there anybody who feels Qg is not scum for reasons that aren't meta or Mathblade?

Just reread the EoD Day 2. It was just as much a clusterfuck to read as it was to experience, if anyone cares to know. Zenzao didn't really waffle on Math at all, so I'm dismissing that claim. The most anti-town thing I saw was asking a Titus who did want something anti-town imo if she was actually 3P and not Tsunade. Dumb, but not all that scummy on its own and certainly not Math waffle. Titus, if you think Z is scum, I'd love a case, because I didn't see it in there and you had Zenzao as less likely to be scum than me in your wall.

As for my opinion on Math, I think she thought Jan would miss the deadline and that she could get Waco lynched, kill Jan in the night, and shove lynches down our throats the next day with her secondary role of wall spammer.

Then Jan posted, and she was fucked. So I think she thought a minute, and decided the confusion would be greater if she just kept yelling our names because the logical move is to assume some bussing there and maybe even in death she could get one of us lynched that way. Then did that for the rest of the game, and hammered herself as soon as she got the chance.

Not 100% certain of that analysis because I'm not certain that I think you're town yet. But I have a decent hunk of the beginning of the game done for you and a fair hunk of the end in rereading all of your EoD Day 2 posts, and you are actually looking okay. Still gonna do the middle, but right now you're town lean. Which means no Math bussing, which means town!Math isn't completely out of the question.

We're either looking at Sasuke!Math who was blindsided by Jan coming back and didn't have time to slip a scum mate into her EoD scum team, so just hoped that the assumption of bussing would be sufficient to get one of me or Zenzao killed. 90%

OR

We're looking at a town!Math who gambitted because of overwhelming surety that Waco was scum, and was just incredibly wrong about it all. 10%

So yeah, checking in on Qg now, since I see he's posted a couple times, but there's that.

---------- Post automerged at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Actually, I'm not. Gotta go do something, work calls. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, though.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

Kalas, Math won her first noobscum game on mafiascum by distancing. The partners attacked each other all game and won flawlessly.

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

We could be looking at scum Math who had a buddy who didn't save her after testing the waters...

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I am in disagree with you Qgqqq and I don't see why you find Qgqqqq scummy.

---------- Post automerged at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Z and Qgqqqq are both gut reads for me at the moment. Knowing Math's scum persona, the distancing by Math/Z is not as important. Yet if we presume Rubicon poisoner, then Math already had one awkward scum placed buddy. Her whole Xandriel defended me was a croc of shit.

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Ok... /10 char

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Fair enough, yeah.

But who else besides Qg is Scum in your world-view if we've actually hit Orochimaru and Sasuke so far? I suppose you're saying it was Waco up until the Hinata Incident.

I stated throughout my brief rundown of Math's posts leading up to DayEnd D2 that I felt she was defending Qg and that painted him as Scum. Before the Hinata Incident I felt his posts were making some progress but I still had him down as Scum before and after that in my walls. I've stuck to Qg being probable Scum ToDay and have a vote down on him.

So I'm kind of unsure where this question comes from?

Thank you. Someone is paying attention.

Seconded. After one of the other players(Waco? Pozzai?) brought up that Jan was conveniently the only player stating they would be away around DayEnd that that was why Math named him, and it all fell apart. She poured less Wine into this thread than WH11 but still tried to follow suit on that behavior anyway at the end.

Fair enough on the first, though I'm unsure how you come to the second.

You aren't mentioning the possibility that she was Tobi in this analysis, though. She could be Sasuke, Tobi, or town, but I don't buy the third and most of us have ruled out the second.

---------- Post automerged at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

EBWOP: Forgot I had this in another tab, thought it was above Typhon's quote.

Hey Titus, here's a fun little inquiry for you. We played Scum together in Bat2; how's that meta matching up to my play this game? Really, I've just love to hear a comparison on my end of behavior rather than bullshit about Math's that points at me.

And while I'm at it, how about a response to my #3385 rather than just scrolling along merrily whistling "gut read don't gotta explain shit".

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Snowvon had also claimed AFK through deadline before I claimed Hinata. FWIW, after Mathblade rescinded her Hinata claim and claimed Ino, she tried to justify her CC of me by saying she thought Snowvon was Hinata.

But yes, Jan had claimed AFK as well

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Mm. Any thoughts to contribute, provided you're caught up on the thread?