1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Someone currently around and willing to talk to me about what Mathblade did on the bottom half of page 127.

Talking about her conversation with Titus posts #2529 - #2539.

It feels to me she calls out a bluff while obviously having too much information about the case.
    Why would she ever do that?

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, more Qg stuff, because he's scum and should be lynched.

"Hey guys, I'm doing that thing again where I ask consensus town what's happening to sheep it."

Following that, he talks about how obviously it's bad for him that Math defended him... except it clearly isn't that terrible, as some people are using that reasoning to call him town. This could be a reach, as the Waco/Qg bussing obviously turned out to be (my process is hunt individuals, then fit teams together. That was the result. Clearly wrong, but that's just how stuff goes in an insane game like this), but it just struck me as somebody trying to have a resigned reaction to what was coming as a subtle attempt to divert it by getting people to think it was Math sowing misinformation, which were a few people's knee-jerk reactions.

He did actually push Math for a read that he didn't get though. Mostly early, but it did happen. Hardly outside the realm of possibility that it was set up in scumchat, but this is a positive point.

Now to the response to my wall:

Before we start, the Waco/Qg stuff was clearly off base. I acknowledge that, and still think Qg is scummy because of the scum hunting process that I use (see above). I won't be continuing/responding to any of that, as it's just a distraction now. I'm in red.

Whew. Okay. Lunchbreak shot. Probably won't be back for a while unless there's a quick question that's popped up while I was writing this.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

IF Mathblade actually was godfather knowing of the greencheck on herself I see two reasons for it.

a. calling out the bluff to protect citrus by pressuring titus and her slug.

b. trying to force some doubt between titus and her slug.

If Mathblade was either town or 3p she believed into crumbs that were not there and since she believed me to be the cop for some weird reason the only place she could have found crumbs would have been in my posts, right?

I looked through my posts and did not find any possible hints that could have given her the impression of a check.

So this furthers my believe that Mathblade was more likely scum.

Is someone down to answer why she did it?
    My two answers are kinda ok and i could make a citrus case based on that. But I would like to hear impressions from others first.

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

The best theory I have right now on Mathblade CC'ing as Hinata was that she thought I was true claiming, and really believed Jan was Naruto and would be AFK through deadline. At the time I claimed, it still was a distinct possibility I'd get lynched anyway, and then they could have killed Jan at night. As such, Math would've been "town-firmed." There's probably holes on top of holes here, but it still makes no sense to me.

The Qgqqqq vs Typhon debate is really interesting to me.

Will be at work 3p-midnight tonight, will check in again after that. Tomorrow will be mostly AFk for me.

---------- Post automerged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

My claim I'm referencing is my Hinata claim, FYI,

---------- Post automerged at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Also, Happy Birthday Citrus.

FWIW, Mathblade did not distance in the only game i've seen her as scum. Then again, as far as she knew, she only had 1 partner in that game, so it may not have been a good idea there.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The Waco Kid, walk me though your thought process as Cop this game. I was townreading you very hard on D1, mostly for approaching the thread with pretty much the exact same mindset I was.

Why did you decide to check MB N1?

Did you have any idea who Hinata was?

How did your green check on MB influence the way you played D2?

I ask because as pretty much confirmed town now (aside from the Worst of All Possible Worlds I alluded to where town has been badly fooled and we're probably going to lose), I expect you have a unique insight about how you saw the push against you develop D2.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am just curious how to read the Mathblade-Titus-Citrus interaction.

The end that i mention earlier struck me as weird on day 2, but i didnt follow up on it because i knew certain people had more information than me so i was willing to let them make their play.

Now with the more likely outcome of Mathblade being the godfather that interaction makes more sense to me.

But I cant shake the feeling that she protected her scumpartner Citrus.

If she does not interfere there, the real cop might feel forced to out, because of it (which would be good for Mathblade).

Unless Citrus is actually scum that Mathblade feels needs protection i dont see a good reason for that play.

I might be reading a bit much into it tbh thats why I would like other people to talk to me about it.

7. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Typhon could you respond to my response to your case, and elaborate on what your initial feeling on the Waco/me connection was, and how it has now changed?

8. Newcomb

Wasn't MB the one who started the Citrus bandwagon early D2? I know it was her big post making a case on him that got me looking at him. Again, the first half was a pretty big stretch, but I found myself really interested in / thinking she could be right about the end-of-day TMNT claim reaction stuff.

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    Sorry, skipped ahead there.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Titus accused Citrus first .. without giving any real information.

Then Mathblade gave a kinda bad accusation that Citrus basically destroyed without a big problem and pointed out several holes in her logic.

In the end Titus and Mathblade got into a little fight ending with Mathblade claiming that Titus qt partner could not have targeted Citrus n1.

11. Quiddity

High Score:
    Again, I don't see the problem with that. Heck, other players have done it before as well - Von, Rubicon, and so on.

Does anyone besides you actually see a problem with it?

Like I said earlier, I don't avoid facts that make me look worse. Tbh, part of that is because I aways find it looks bad when others do that.

Actually that wasn't just early. I was doing it day 2, approximately the time of the Citrus tiff, as I mentioned earlier. And sure, it could have been set up in a QT. The question is, why? My asking Math for elaboration on me that she isn't responding to adequately just makes her look worse, and me a bit too. And we would hardly be prepping for Mathblade to die then - as you said, some of this happened early day 1, and even on day 2 Math wasn't even being discussed as a candidate until after I signed off.

Actually, it's not just a distraction, as I was writing in many ways based off the assumption that Waco had since been proven town. So I'd be interested in hearing how at all that had an effect - clearly it wasn't an insubstantial portion of your case, given the time you dwelt on it right from the start. So it must have had some effect, even if you still scumread me, and I'd like explanation as to what that is.

Especially I'd like a response as to what your actual reasoning for the connection was, because as I noted earlier it was incredibly unsubstantiated, yet presented very authoritatively.

Respond to rest in a bit, formatting will make it very hard, though. I wish you people wouldn't do the "insert into quote" thing - is it really that hard to type out the tags?

12. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Jan

So after sheeping Fonti d2 and not really giving your own pov on the reds.

Why do you think she was killed, now you know that two of those reds were town?

---------- Post automerged at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Maybe your introduction thread? You discuss what the cop should not do, maybe she read this as you trying to survive by claiming "not cop".

I don't know. She thought I was 3p for the silliest thing, even after being corrected by... Atum?... I think.

Either she really believed all the crumbs no matter how weak they were, or she was trying to get a reaction out of people that might show her what their actual role was.

---------- Post automerged at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Would you like to hear my guess on the case?

13. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, yes. It allows you to get a quick summary of who did what and why to give yourself an out for "missing" things. And nice slip including one Scum and Titus' second-favorite lynch for your primary excuses of others doing it.

Still got a partner in that daychat of yours to help you reason out arguments for facts that would make you look worse in-thread.

Why? Town cred, attempted distancing in-thread should Math blowup(and she did, two games in a row).

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

When i said I want everyone to go on a little scumhunt i meant everyone :p

Scumhunt in this case = talk to people and try to find scum doing so. Or reread stuff and try to find scummy interactions. Discuss them and see ppls reactions to it.

If you give your opinion, Pozzai, scum might get information about towns position and might adjust their play.

Lets talk tomorrow about that part.

The Fonti part :
    (parts of it i said yesterday already)

Fonti dies in most of those games on night 1 as town, because she is feared enough as a player, i guess.

She is also a likely copcheck if the cop is unsure on her allignment.

If Math was speaking the truth and scum thought her to be Sakura, then that alone makes for a perfect kill.

The part where she died for having good reads is off the table.
    2 out of 3 mainscum are close to confirmed town.

Only one of them remaining that is still a questionmark.

Tbh Pozzai the way Fonti and you fought day 1 i was kinda sure there is a scum between the two of you.
    Mainly because i was used to the two of you having some sort of a read on each other, but well times change I guess.

15. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I wont lie, so did I. You know how my read on her playstyle is in video mafia though.

I just expected a more aggressive and to the throat Fonti, and I expected her to be on my case and try to convince town to kill me instead of just occationally saying "oh yeah Pozzai is still scum".

I'm still hoping she was Tobi so the interactions weren't completely idiotic :p

---------- Post automerged at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

How about the world where Fonti is a great player, and her reads were so off they killed her in the hopes town would push her agenda?

She read Mathblade town, two towns at least scum. Whether she was Sakura is to be seen, but I could easily see a world where she was killed for being wrong. This is why I asked you specifically, because you sheeped her and didn't really give your reasons later, they might've been genuine, but you never showed them.

If you thought that way, and other towns thought that way a town could easily have been killed had both her scums that was pushed not been Hinata/Naruto coupling.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Thats possible, as i said, she didnt die because her reads were spot on.

Your prognosis would eqal to Q being another town, right?

I am not sold on that one, but it is not impossible.

Several people are making a case and those interactions might help evaluate it.

---------- Post automerged at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

That being said .. you are trying to force a conversation about one thing while not reacting to anything else i said earlier, i dont like that in general.

What is your opinion on the Titus-Mathblade-Citrus interaction?

17. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Because I thought that particular interaction was very awkward in particular because you never did give your reasons afterwards, you did what I expected of a scum would've done in the situation, seeing as I knew from N1 that her reads were off on at least 2/3 of her scum.

So while I liked your interactions revolving around the claim thing, that one thing day2 struck me as extremely scummy from your side.

In regards to the Citrus/Math/Titus thing I'll give you my thoughts when I've read up on it again, I posted my initial thoughts a bit earlier in response to Titus.

My initial thoughts were that Citrus could easily have done that knowing he was never the check, Titus believes he reacted well in terms of going to the "I know I'd be green" instead of the "I wasn't checked" reaction.
    As you know I modded yesterday, and atm I'm having my 'morning coffee' so haven't reread the amount of Mathblade stuff that's been going on due to that being half a book in itself.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh yeah my intial thought process when giving my reads in such a weird way was different than what happened in the end tbh.

Copying those 3 reads from fonti was mostly a reaction check to see if anyone would jump on it or not. I only read Waco town within the 3 of you (on day1) and i wasnt sure after fonti died because i havent played with him and she does have a little bit more experience playing forum mafia.

Seeing how certain ppl react to it could have given me something, but you were basically the only person reacting to it.

Then i got ill and didn't bother to follow up on it because it felt like a fruitless effort at the time being.

19. Newcomb

20. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

So you're saying the same as I am, merely that you did it from a town perspective, while I who knew it was two towns at least saw it from a possible scum perspective? I'm satisfied with this for now, was the only thing I had against you day2, so will leave you at my "would probably not lynch today" list for now.

---------- Post automerged at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

I forced a conversation about this "one thing" because it from my perspective seemed scummy as hell, and it didn't get better after Mathblade called you the cop, albeit felt better as you claimed not cop and basically put the final nail in her coffin (well, Von as well a bit later).