1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

No, as it only comes into play when a player reveals their crumb, as opposed to a 'soft-claim' that comes into play when someone notices it.

What do you mean by limiting real options for town?

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Then IMO there is no benefit. All could claim inocent when there is only one person with that role. Scum can just ask easily set up a claim and make it work with Kabuto especially since some roles are powerless until end game.

It also relies on people seeing context post game. Which if I make it to end game my literal to subjective meter is what so if you do it it better be a damn good code. I retain my position firmly against it but if you crumb I can't stop you.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Not alignment indicative. Not because of whether it's a real townslip or not, but because it makes sense from either alignment.

Town!Titus doesn't know (would probably ask in her private QT/publicly at that point)
    Scum!Titus doesn't know it's in the setup and posts as she did

AKA not alignment indicative

---------- Post automerged at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Ideally everyone would post one private code that cryptographically translates to their role, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules so yeah.

I don't see how crumbing is bad in anyway. Maybe it turns out to not make things better than without them, but it doesn't make things worse? Vis-a-vis should do it, because there's only upside and it doesn't take much effort

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Really...hyper posting scum Titus wouldn't know it is in her setup? I have been scum on this site you have your own QT and a scum one. People would know if it was closed.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

I meant could town be caught by this. There needs to be no way of scum figuring it out. Maybe it's arrogant of me but I think I'm the only one who can legit soft and get away with it and part of that is me keeping myself as a mislynch option.

---------- Post automerged at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

And if scum find those crumbs? That's what I'm concerned with.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Let's say I crumb that I am <redacted> scum see it but no one in town does. I die and happen to be a "valuable" role. Scum puppet me and have a perfect fake claim that no one will counter. I am not crumbing on day one. If you think you saw a crumb you didn't.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I meant scum!Titus wouldn't know if it was in the setup as a sentence. She would feign ignorance as she did in that post. Then when the sentence is pointed out, it's now common knowledge, so she posts accordingly.

AKA those posts would make sense regardless of alignment

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

The whole point is to crumb in a way noone else can decipher. Don't use references. Use cryptography, or something like that. Ex:

I need to think. All of this is confusing. Maybe I should reread. Citrus is the only for sure town. I think at least. Totes not self-serving. Really though. Understand? Sorry for the inconvenience, scum.

But do it less obviously, obviously. If you don't think you can do it in a way where noone can decipher it without your help, then don't do it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

(that spells I am Citrus in red fyi)

8. Titus

Titus Squib

I agree that post is not a towntell. I am town but it is fakable by scum. Can we move on from that?
    Citrus, I think everyone can decipher crumbs unless left in an obtuse way. There's only one person who should soft. Tsunade. If scum catch that one, they might kill them. After all, scum can't soup Tsunade.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Mafia term definition: "unaligned pairs"

?

From context I take it to mean: "people who are acting in such a way that they're really really unlikely to be wolves together." That about right?

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Correct. /10char

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

No. They can puppet which would be worse. No crumbs at all.

In the words of an old fantasy strike game: I like pants. Not see through pants not shorts not naked. Just keep your pants covering your role. At all times (paraphrase)

12. Titus

Titus Squib

There's a problem with that. There would be a missing night with Tsunade. Plus, if Tsunade dies after spending a chat, and they target the same person again... dead give away who scum is. I don't think scum would do that IMO.

Scum can puppet any role. The idea behind that is to give them fake claims.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Again situation could happen where Tsuande alive prior target dies Ino puppets Tsu and new QT or Tsunade re puppets whatever same target doesn't but for the love of God DO NOT CRUMB RIGHT NOW. PERIOD. That is my stance

---------- Post automerged at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

And we need to get off mechanics NOW.

So Xanidel -- Reads?

14. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

As recommended, I'm trying to put together a thorough analysis, but energy is low and posts are coming in fast. Still got quite a few posts to read through and try to analyze, but I can give a simple wall.

Atum
    Newcomb
    Waco
    Citrus
    Snow
    TMNT
    Font
    Typhon
    Kalas
    Math
    Qgq
    Bank
    Zenz
    Pozz
    Jan
    Titus

15. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Could you explain why Jan is that low on your list?

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Yeah, TMT townier than Me, Poz, Zenazp, and QQQQ.... you have Fonti as heavy town and you think TMNT is townier than that... explain please.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Ooh interesting. 30 minutes to craft followed by static canned responses from likely teammates. Can someone please look at these three prior posts before this one and see if they get the same feeling?

Where are you at in your reading should have been the expected question to which I expect an answer from Xanidel but from Titus/Pozzai's likely scum perspective that information was irrelevant as they knew the answer.

---------- Post automerged at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

That post by Xanidel is designed more than a step by step build it yourself Lego castle.

18. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Funny, cause that was the exact same thing you did to me, tried to drill information out of me instead of asking where I was about.

You already had my top and bottom reads, why wasn't it more interesting to ask about those instead of constantly buggering me about the rest ?

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I didn't have that feeling, but I can see your point. I can imagine a world in which it went down like that in scumchat.

I take it you think the scumteam is Titus/Zenzao/Xanidel/Pozzai?

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yep. Stated so earlier

Pozzai -- You had stated 200 posts in no need to ask