1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Which wiki?

Why Newcomb first?

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

That was my polite version of stfu.

As I have stated I was still pulling reads out of you therefore your argument for a post before 354 is null and void and illogical. Therefore there is no need for me to read through all of your posts again. It was not wishey washy. Since you clearly do not care to understand the difference between I was still asking for your reads and asking the same question 10 times I choose not to clog up the thread anymore since IMO you are scum trying to get a rise out of me instead of letting discussion flow.

So now with that I move on.

3. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

As far as how I'd play a third party, I'd probably be a lot more relaxed about the game. Solo play is, in general, my preferred way to play games. Even in MOBA's and stuff I usually spend my time backdooring towers. Obviously this doesn't include games where the Third Party is an entire other faction like Dresden Mafia where there was White Court and Red Court scum, but yeah. I think I'd keep mostly to myself and abstain from making any particularly outrageous opinions. I'd cherry pick reads from several other players' and I probably wouldn't really change them very much unless situations forced me to.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Come on, man. You know damn well there's an implied question in there. Z is telling a story about the way you posted and the narrative is that you're scum. Basically that a) you calling Snowvon scummy for the reason you gave is weak, b) that you using the phrase "nothing is set in stone" is a bad choice of words that reads like you want carte blanche to change your reads on a moment's notice, and c) that kind of blasie "well, they're as good as anyone" backtracking accusation.

The implicit question is "why would you post any of that if you aren't scum?"

5. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

The mafia wiki MathBlade linked to on the first page, and Newcomb's first because that was the ping I followed.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

TMNTurtwig -- Reads.

7. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

My post was to try to put some pressure out there with my vote. I was never aiming for a lynch in the first place. I was just tossing out ideas, mostly stream of consciousness.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Kalas your thoughts on players beside Newcomb... You've been a little light in the content/posting so far.

9. Newcomb

You said you thought I was playing like a third party.

That was seriously your impression of me in the first 24 hours of this game? "Keeping to myself, relaxed, cool as a cucumber?"

I have a really, really hard time believing that.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

The Waco Kid -- Potential 3P lurking from Banks? I thought they said they would be here in the afternoon and it is 10 PM California time.

I haven't really played a lot with Banks so not sure what to make of them not being here

---------- Post automerged at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Good point. I don't see TMNT as group scum though. There are too many newb mistakes and a lack of a coaching feel. I think derpTown most likely or 3P.

11. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

My reads are currently heavily outdated, though I think my Zenzao and Newcomb reads still hold up which are scum and town respectively.

I've been thinking about Zenzao's posts from the beginning of the game and they still seem really weird and unnatural to me. It doesn't really read as defensive more like passive aggressive, and despite the one post where he mentioned me, he's mostly been tunneling on MathBlade. He hasn't really given any reasons for that either beyond his initial one. It seems to passionate to be real at this stage of the game when he shouldn't have any actually conclusive reads.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Newcomb #549 If I was allowed to use my thumbs up in game I would use it for that post.

Mathblade: Yea, I feel like that's happen more than once with him already. Maybe on your theory, but I have a paranoid hunch he's kinda rehashing Fonti's under the radar scum game from Mafia Champ #6

As per your thoughts on TMNT, I'm not prepared to say he's not group-scum yet. Please see #27 & 28 in my QT post-game

13. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I said might be third party. I had another thought at the time I was thinking, but didn't post. I'm more sure of it now, which is why I don't think you're scum anymore. I'd need to read your setup analysis post again to be more certain.

14. Titus

Titus Squib

@TMNT Oh yes we can tunnel caught scum. You seem to have no problem with Waco's passion? Is that because it matches your wincon?

Who are your top five townreads? Scumreads? People you should investigate more?

15. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

What passion of Wacos? Like I said, I'll need to read about half the thread for more current analysis.

---------- Post automerged at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

And I don't have a top five yet, see above.

16. Newcomb

Have you read the thread, or haven't you?

17. Titus

Titus Squib

You've been on all day yet you haven't read the thread?

18. Newcomb

I dunno, I feel like if I randed 3P I'd, like, never even mention the 3P or even someone hypothetically acting like the 3P unless it came up naturally. I'd be too paranoid. TMNT brought it up out of the blue, and I'm not sure I see the value in putting the thought "oh yeah guys remember there's a 3P in this game and they play in a certain way" in people's heads if that was actually my role.

Couldn't you imagine a world in which scum!TMNT is legitimately AFK, comes back, skims, and tells scumchat, "so all these people have scumreads on me, what do I do?" and they're like, "just act naturally, don't be afraid to contradict yourself, town does it all the time."? Because they want to avoid coaching him, because the idea of people being coached has already been part of the air supply ITT?

I guess that last part is bordering on WIFOM though.

Still, the way he came into the thread just now is really striking a bad note with me... I mean if I came back after going to bed and saw that like 6 people had me as their top / close to top scumread, I can't really picture myself reacting like this.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Doubtcasting me now eh? Didn't you call me obv!town a little while ago, while you've had TMNT as a scum read most of the Day??

Flail harder scum

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

At this point no. TMNT has said they would be afk a while and if you are boned scum it is better to try to get as many townies dead before you go down. Zenzao knows this from WH11 where my lynch was inevitable but I tried to spill wine all over the place. If there would be at least one experienced scum talking with him I would expect something different or an attempt to get information on the way out or something. This is probably derp Town.

Look how hard Titus is pushing TMNT over Pozzai. The thread had started to discuss those two and then it is back to TMNT.

Take that and compare it to questions about me. I welcome them as long as it is not the same damn question when I had answered it multiple times in a row. As long as I am transparent I have faith the truth will come out.

---------- Post automerged at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

This gets a virtual thumbs up.