1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That wasn't a code, that was me trying to be cute. But, okay, point taken. I swore to myself when we started that I was going to be 100% transparent, so: Meletus is the idiot who gets Socrates killed.

I'm telling Titus that even if she's truly doing what she claims to be doing, I might end up being the one getting her killed because as a super-paranoid newbie I'll find it pretty hard to make a town circle with her when she's doing this.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

I was going more for Yoda teaching Luke the ways of the force.

I have a history of fooling players as scum, and being rapidly mislynched when town. I figured why not take advantage?

3. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Zenzao, please don't hard claim. If you are indeed town, that can literally be only detrimental. You haven't mentioned any of your reasons for dogging Math since post 215 which was almost 2 days ago. Since then, you haven't posted anything of substance. Furthermore, your reasoning is mostly based on your gut, meta, and Math's initial refusal to vote for Newcomb.

Of those, I don't think gut is particularly reliable since that's what I generally rely on and it's only been right once and that was through sheer luck. The others are meta, which I can't really verify one way or another besides reading other games when I've been having trouble keeping up with this one, and something that has been confirmed to be usual for MathBlade by multiple other posters (i.e meta). You are both condemning MathBlade for meta reasons and ignoring meta for another tell that you've latched onto. This is an inconsistency.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Oh I highly doubt this, especially ifyou give me a TMNT lynch. Then you are never lynching me. Teeheeee.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

1) You are not highlighting all the scum you are flailing and being contradictory and trying to focus on TMNT.

2) The goal is to lynch scum. From my PoV if we do not lynch in that subset of four of which I think we are lynching town. It is always one week at a time to allow for new information. I state my team but focus on just you my top read.

Similarly you keep screaming I am scum but focusing on TMNT and contradicting yourself more times than I can count. It is like TMNT is your top mislynch candidate. So that is how. You are running a misdirection campaign.

6. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I don't discourage tunnels. I discourage tunnels where nothing changes. Zenzao isn't convincing anyone MathBlade is scum, and he doesn't seem to be trying to either. His arguments are weak and he hasn't brought anything new to the discussion in 400 posts.

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

...Or we give scum nothing. And that makes no sense and sounds a lot like an evil scum laugh when I read it. I want scum gone. I don't trade with scum ever.

8. Titus

Titus Squib

So you think you've solved the game? You're at best selectively ignoring information that doesn't fit that narrative. All but one of those players have FoSed you and town read each other. The other is obvious scum.

You are calling me arrogant yet not listening to anyone else, at all.

---------- Post automerged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

There's at least two other townies who are convinced. Again, you're acting like Mathblade's tunnel is somehow more convincing because she posts more and it's warranted then.

Why are you town reading Math that hard? Oh wait, you are not.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

1) I don't expect everyone to agree with me instantly. I build trust and rapport and present arguments. I think it is possible that I have solved the game.

So? They town read each other. I am dominating the conversation to get people talking and thinking about the scum. You are forced to townread your buddies or bus.

For curiosity's sake which of you/Zenzao/Pozzai/Xanidel is obvScum to you and why don't you campaign for them.

I am listening as my reads are adapting (ex: Newcomb, Banks) I just don't bow to you. If I am wrong and shown a clear coherent argument then I will back down but not a moment sooner. Call it arrogant if you like but them' the truth.

---------- Post automerged at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Thank you for translating.

10. Titus

Titus Squib

I have a wagon on TMNT who is obvious scum. You don't turn away from scum in hand to chase another. You should look at ABR's guide to getting scum lynched.

You're acting as if anyone outside your four is a surefire mislynch, yet you are open to reads.

If you should realize the obvscum is the only one who has not really pushed you. He's got the alien avatar. I would be willing to vote him if I cannot get TMNT or you.

11. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Titus do you think MathBlade is scum or not, because your waffling depending on who you're talking to is really confusing me.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

There is no waffle. You both are scum.

I am headed off now. Good night Math.

13. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

If Titus is going then I'm anticipating less rapid fire replies for the foreseeable future, feel free to ask me any questions you've got I'm going to get back to reading through the thread though.

14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeah. This is about midway in D1. I'm treating it like late D3. In short; fuck this noise right now, I've said my piece on the matter of Math and TMNT and I'm now putting both of you on short-notice insofar as treating as scumspects. I don't need to be taking this so seriously. It's a damn game.

Detrimental behavior is all that's spewing from my current trajectory. Well past time to start looking at the remaining 14 players and seeing where the fit hits the shan. See the thread again in a day or two.

15. Newcomb

From the outside, you/fonti and you/Mathblade doesn't seem to be translating to general thread pressure. If they honestly think you're scum they haven't done a great job of making an appeal to the masses to get you lynched.

I can't quite sort out how I feel about you until I sort out how I feel about MathBlade, but nothing you've done has really truly tripped an alarm bell. I think if you were suddenly to get a lot of lynch attention I'd want more than fonti's reasoning (as I understand it, "felt my pressure, got spooked, frozen, voted me reactively") and MathBlade's "no, YOU are".

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

TMNTurtwig -- I expect you to have read through the entire thread or to say "Fuck it" not reading and starting from current impressions.

Same goes for all lurkers. We need informed content.

---------- Post automerged at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Well I am here. If you need to know how you feel just ask. I am an open book.

17. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

How do you feel about the fact it seems to get very little traction though, I think TMNT was up to 5 at some point, mine sits at 2 I think (Titus might actually have 3 come to think of it).

Apart from Jan and banks are there others you have as null (I think you mentioned me earlier as slightly town for the same reason you did here "no alarm bells tripped") and I think you had Jan in there as well ?

18. Newcomb

Okay, let's try this:

Did you truly feel like Zen was "trying for a quick mislynch" in the beginning of the thread?

Did you truly feel my first conversation with Titus was "staged and fake"?

Did you truly believe that the only way I could be making the kinds of early posts I was making was that I was "coached or lying about this being my first game"?

I understand you've changed your mind on some of these, but putting yourself in the mindset you had then, it's really hard for me to buy the conviction with which you were spouting that stuff relative to the available evidence and available plausible alternate interpretations.

I have more, from further in, but it seems to be a consistent theme with you. I like your internal logic a lot of the time, like I understand your reasoning and it makes sense, but your starting points feel weak as hell sometimes. To me, the vibe is that you're throwing the kitchen sink at the ceiling and seeing if any of the pasta sticks. Or, you know, a more coherent metaphor. Whatever, it's late.

---------- Post automerged at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Not sure what you're getting at with the first question. It makes sense that there isn't much traction on you b/c the cases against you aren't solid.

Second thing, here are the people that I'm basically at "need more info" with:

Typhon
    Snowvon
    Citrus
    Banks
    Jan
    Kalas

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Readwall at the moment(see NGAF, and no, no rainbows. I've got a ban on them in my draining black mood).

Math|TMNT(outdated reasons needing to be strengthened).
    Jan|Pozzai|Titus(Jan for lack of good posting, Pozzai for general thread\other player concerns, which I have always factored in when building my lists, Titus for Waco & Math pointing).
    Xanidel|Banks|Typhon|Q|Kalas|Citrus(Glanced over their posts once the first time through and don't remember enough through my Algebra haze to merit moving out of null, though again Kalas needs to post more).
    Fonti|Atum|Snow(Because I like Fonti and Snow and IDGAF if you like it, Atum for Fonti's old point pages ago on feeling town).
    Waco|New(For making good points so far and generally getting better).

There. Subject to change after I read this forsaken thread over again throughout tomorrow afternoon and the next day.

20. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Sorry should probably have added. Fonti is the person in this thread that knows me the best by a fair distance, her reads, albeit off as of late, have tended to be spot on in regards to me. Does that change your perspective in any manner?

I agree with most on this list. Citrus picked up a bit of speed on page 4 I think it was, and has since my rainbow started climbing out of the nullzone, he had some interactions with me and I generally liked what he had to say.

Snowvon I agree wanting to hear more from, I do have him as fairly strong town though because I've liked all he've said.

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

What do you feel about Zenzao, I had a hard time pegging him to any specific lean when I went through the thread, I have arguments for either way, so I went null.

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Oh and why if you wish to indulge?