1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Responding in the quote.

2. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Trying really hard to resist the urge to quote your list and colour it.

Can you expand on the Fonti read?

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Explain how if I am scum in your world (which I am not) how that would make Titus scummier. Wouldn't that be a non impression? It seems weird that I could influence your reads as your top scum read the same way that I tried in WH11 and got most people to townfirm Eric until the end. That seems off on your reads. Explain please.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Go wild with it if you want, bound to be entertaining.

Simply put, I trust Fonti for no more given reason than because I do, and from our play in WH11, rather than taking a better look at her and her behavior in this game so far. I'm still cutting the crap from my perspective(must resist urge to throttle trigonometric book), and the little I remember about Fonti so far needs more than my initial glance.

---------- Post automerged at 03:21 ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 ----------

How's about no? I'm not obligated to deal with suspected terrorists.

Alright. But seriously, the bad blood between you and Titus is legendary. Bussing is not unlikely. And do you understand the meaning behind NGAF/IDGAF? Should be easy enough to parse but I'll happily oblige.

---------- Post automerged at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 ----------

Also, it was more Waco than you, Math, insofar as Titus' placement on that list.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I like that "you'll come around on my eventually" in theory, but the way this thread has gone you're like a key cog in a lot of possible theories, both as town and scum, so I'm not sure how long I can afford to be in a holding pattern of trust here.

Like the way I read you influences the way I read other people.

I've spent a ton of time on this game today and I feel like I need to step back and clear my head for a bit.

I don't think "Math is being weird again." I see a purpose to your posts and like I said, I do find myself nodding along at a lot of your internal logic.

Wait and see. A while ago I was close to tunneling you, and you me, so maybe now we're more in a neutral middle?

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Then if you don't explain how your reads make any sense I will treat them with enough salt to cover amount Everest. And I thought that acronym applied to that line.

If you do not wish to deal with me that is fine. However I will still try to get you to explain things for town's sake. If you give me the cold shoulder after that it is town you are hurting.

And before you bring up Pozzai that was the same question over and over. In that case the STFU card is protown.

7. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Care to explain these abbreviations for a newbie ? :$

---------- Post automerged at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Nevermind, I got it, I got it !

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I agree that in your case it is a problem. However I don't accept neutral middle as a compromise as I am town. That last sentence is almost like a pitch to compromise rather than think things through. Consider both sides offline. One where I am town another where I am scum (as silly as this is I am not but should be done). See what if anything is consistent in both. Re read the thread through that filter of truth and see what comes up. Or see if any illogical possibilities come up.

I do not have a grand kumbaya this is why I am town (besides my role PM which I cannot quote). The thing I can promise you is any question you ask short of my role I will answer as completely as I can.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Citrus wanted a full wall from me some time ago. I couldn't give him one because I was only really paying any attention to a small handful of players. Now, because I Don't Give A Fuck and plan to re-read the thread from a (Math/TMNT do not exist look at everyone else) perspective anyway, here is my thrown together wall with the few recollections I do have on the remaining players.

And my, but that Berlin Wall is coming together quite nicely, already have the first dozen bricks set in the mortar. Now which side is East and West?

10. Newcomb

It was more like "I'm going to bed, let's pick this up in the morning."

But you're right about not settling for null. My thread re-read kind of petered out around post #315, and I'll pick that up tomorrow as well. You'd better believe I'll be paying special attention to you.

11. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Care to/got time to respond to #620 before heading of Newcomb? Otherwise, have a good night.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

See you have convinced yourself from an intropost that I must be scum. I did the same thing in some of my prior town games and it was infuriating and now I see why. I dare you to read the thread from I am town perspective and see who scum would be as I am hoping a few people will pick up I am town rather quickly.

And whichever side scum is on I am not. I don't know history enough to know which.

Take a deep breath and calm down and present a perspective on all players more than just impressions. Your arguments will hold more weight if after rereading you still think I am scum and can explain why I do things and who my buddies are because of it, you will gain more traction than meta. People here who know my scum game (e.g. Fonti) are town reading me for a reason and they know my meta. If you think I am scum bring how I thought to the table. Bring it because hashing this out is good for town and the nonsense behind us.

---------- Post automerged at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

Wouldn't have it any other way. Sweet dreams.

---------- Post automerged at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

Supposed buddies*

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Enlightenment! The first step to seeing the light!

:banana:

:axe:

Wonderful advice. Will do, Kapitän.

14. Newcomb

You mean, is what's preventing me from clearing you the fact that fonti is a good player? That's not a bad question. I don't know. Self-bias is pretty hard to root out.

I think if fonti came back tomorrow with "just kidding, I was pushing Pozzai to see X, Y and Z; I really think he's town," and gave reasons, I'd probably have a sympathetic ear.

Town lean. Not confident. I'm again not sure what to make of the Zenzeo / Mathblade rift -- this again reinforces my desire to sort out Mathblade. We're on the same page about TMNT, which is a good start.

I think the "done with this shit" vibe in his latest posts is pretty genuine on the surface. Don't know him enough to be definitive either way, but frustration seems real. I guess I'd also call that a slight town lean reason.

15. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Wasn't an attempt of you to clear me, it was merely a piece of information I felt might be interesting in later days, should I not be around. You could equally use it to bury me "Fonti knows him so she's most likely right about him"

Just wanted a stance, sorry for keeping you up.

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Okay, thx.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I always do a reread of the thread every game night and will do the same but that post has been my point. Since the RVS you had it out for me. Anything I ask I would do the same. Thank you for the axe and if you are town after my reread I will give you a special rubber hammer with unique permission to smack me on the head if/when I fuck up.

For now I am sleeping. Good night.

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    You set a fine standard for all the men, Lady Selyse.

Well we did part on such sweet sorrow in WH11, just like Inuyasha and Kikyo.

A Golden Squeaky Hammer? You're too kind.

And a merry Christmas to all! Or whatever holiday you celebrate to finish this poor joke.

18. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I haven't read from where I posted last. Somehow or somewhy this day has been and gone without me finding any time for this, so I haven't even responded with what I wanted to say way back in page 25. So I'm going to try and fit whatever morsel I can of that before I go asleep and this thread grow another 8 pages.

Firstly on Titus and Math:

I don't know how to read either of you. It's been too long to judge, but I have a scum and town baseline on each of you, and you're both acting significantly off that, so I'm not sure what to make of it all. Part of me thinks the town/town explanation is, in fact, the most likely of them all, the rest recalls similar views. Uhh. Lets break that down further:

Mathblade: Weak, defensive opening. Argues in odd places with odd people, goes a bit OMGUS on Zenzao. Settles down overall later on, with interactions with Newcomb especially, but continues to flare with Titus. Then again, seems to always flare on her. I'd run this down as odd play, but not necessarily scummy - and, from my vantage point, Math is generally fond of a play and post style alien to my own, so I'm not sure how much can be that (as in Batmafia). So I'd say a scummy opening and then maybe a null/weak town continuance since - though that could easily lean weak scum depending on the price of yakwool in Scandinavia.

Titus: Odd, different playstyle (IMO) from Batmafia. Hitting similar notes - rapid "solving" the game and mercurial changes in strong reads (the statement about not being willing to lynch someone, interaction with Pozzai to prove towniness), and arguing with Math - and yet tonally different IMO in some way I can't quite explain...perhaps that the late replacing in is affecting this, but she feels more developing parallel to the thread than the harsh opening in Batmafia. Honestly, there's more to it than that, but it's hard to explain. Probably a weak scum lean? But a lot of that is a tonal mistrust for a lot of the things she's doing, where in others (fontisian, Citrus) they leave a more positive impression. That is to say, the whole PoE/Circle of Trust is an approach I don't favor compared to this board, yet in Titus I find myself clashing with/rejecting/suspecting it than I do with other players here.

And some quick reads:

Kalas: Good opening. Not a lot of content to judge by, of course, but his few posts bumped him past a number of players, though I need to be wary of simply attributing too much favor to competence/sanity over towniness.

Jan: I need to see more from. Bad posting is affecting reads of, but not favorable of content thus far.

Citrus: Town lean.

Pozzai: No opinion on, honestly, despite the controversy. Hadn't noticed early posts as much as I ought to due to lack of familiarity.

TMNT: Need to see more of. I remember agreeing with some of the early complaints, and we haven't seen anything since.

fonti: Strong town, iirc.

Zenzao: Town lean.

Typhon: Weak scum lean from some early gut.

This is all from memory. I don't take notes, personally, and haven't had the chance to read or reread.

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I don't get any of those references :/ If you want that hammer sure. And i don't deny being a fucker in WH11 but that is that. This game is this game.

If you are town (which I am doubting) do not fuck over town because you disliked my play in a prior game. Take it up with me privately post game.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey. Hey you. You know who you are. I already know your role. Stop crumbling. Thanks.