1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

I've already explained (I believe) that stating something premade is null at best. Merely owning scuminess is not towny. It must lead to a townie result.

---------- Post automerged at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Right... go do your reread. Let's see if you have the courage to bus.

2. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Yes, I was pretty much pestered into giving them before I was done reading up on the thread, thus the reads became a bit wishy-washy as the current events were not taken into place.

I gave the reads I felt most comfortable on early when Waco and someone else asked me to, Mathblade then repeatedly went hard on me for not giving all my reads and in the end I caved just to shut her up, before I finally posted a rainbow.

Do keep in mind not a single person that votes on me have had any questions in regards to my reads, found them of any interest at all.

None of them try to discern my alignment based on the reasoning I have for my rainbow, despite Fonti's main accusation of me is "he's not trying to figure out the game"

Have you seen Math and my interactions, would you consider that from my pov if you again humour me and pretend to know I'm town, would feel very awkward about her?

If anything the hostility between us might be more indicative of Math believing I'm crashing and burning and we decide to heavily distance.

---------- Post automerged at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Shit, sorry didn't mean to edit but to add :(

---------- Post automerged at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

The edit was:

If anything the hostility between us might be more indicative of Math believing I'm crashing and burning and we decide to heavily distance.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The cues and fine points are different sure but there is applicable experience. They are not to separate entities.

Sorry but from some exquisite personal experience you aren't nearly as good at telling buddying as you think you are. Despite how you read it, I'm not bringing anything down, that comment was purely aimed at you. I need less demagoguery and more Socrates.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Who said they are different? Socrates was turned on by his students because they didn't like him.

In this case, Poz is not buddying me and I think that's another desperate attempt to not believe me because you don't like me... like Socrates.

You are getting plenty of Socrates, just not in the manner you expect. Yet, Socrates is never in the manner people expect is he?

Have you figured the puzzle out? If you have, you should vote TMNT.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Lets believe in the world where Pozzai is town ..

While i try to do that can you give me your updated reads (a rainbow is a good start if you dont feel like spamming the thread with every single read that doesnt have a lot of meaning). i might ask for specific reason for your placement afterwards.

[Kinda talking against two ppl so i have to multitask 2 questions at once.]

---------- Post automerged at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Woops i had that one written as well and forgot to post it for you pozzai :

pozzai .. thats the point of faking similar reads.

if you repeat her reads like a parrot you just look like a fool
    if you, knowing he is town, and knowing she has a pretty good read on him call him town before she tells the world her read on him it might make you look towny.
    thats what i meant with tmi there.

Also you explained it in post #295 the read as a gutfeeling and that you just dont remember why you read him town. (would make sense because you dont really know how fonti reads von, do you?) and you were willing to give him a townpass for it. [and claimed him as one of your stronger reads in the game]

to be fair .. this post here is pure speculation and that von read could as well be genuine if you are town.
    I dont think faking a read like that is a big deal if you know the people you are playing with (and those two you do know).

6. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Atum - Von - Newcomb - Waco
    Qq

Titus - Jan - Citrus

Zenzao - Kalsa - Citrus - Xanidel - Typhoon - Banks
    Mathblade
    Fonti - TMNT

7. Koalas

High Score:
    Again with the misunderstood motivations. I like you. You're up their with fonti in terms of fun people to play with. That doesn't mean I won't call out bs when I see it. Such as, for all intents and purposes, repeating mistakes you've made before.

And I haven't figured out your puzzle yet. It's taken a backseat to doing a reread on Pozz and TMNT. When that's done my vote will go where it needs to be.

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I could not at that exact point remember what I read him so strongly for, that is correct, and a fair point, I expanded on it later as I got through my thread.

If I was scum, why would I not have read up on those (4 I think?) people's names and just went "because this and that" instead of saying "You know what, I don't actually remember" I'm sure I could have fabricated SOME reason.

---------- Post automerged at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Forgot to remove Citrus from my neutral line up there, he's in slight town lean because I liked his interactions, his reasonings and understood the vote he put on me for that reason.

---------- Post automerged at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Last part was Jan

---------- Post automerged at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Also Jan, what do you think about Fonti apparently having my play down to a t after one forum game, without her considering there could be external factors?

Because I think we'd agree that being actively speaking up during early states of the game in a super productive manner, is not really what I am known for in video mafia?

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Pozzai:
    290 reads weird. Answering for the sake of answering. Something to hold him to while leaving a mile wide stretch to backtrack onto.

Post 292 "I start from townreads and PoE.

At least that's what I do in videomafia, I'm not very aggressive and slightly naive, so I'm bad at finding and pressuring people I find scummy. I do believe I covered this in an earlier post somewhere." See if this holds true.

Massive fonti tunnel/countertunnel.

379 is a post. Some reads are out there at least. Banks, Typhon and Xanidel consclusions feel lazy to me. Very much posting the minimum contributor reads when pushed (and didn't mention me in with them. I don't like that at all.)

Continues fonti wagon. Points out possible aligned Math and fonti.

405 anger over being called out on reads, which is reasonable. Strangely did not give a timeline for updated reads.

fonti tunnel loops around to MB tunnel based on AP.

418 long awaited rainbow. Zero posting of reasoning extremely irks me, especially the questions bit. You know there will be questions, that should have been preempted. MB being null at this point with Fonti scum reads weird. Q and Von too high from posted reasonings. Jan also seemed high.

General posts, some good questions to MB.

620, I like the Newcomb byplay.

700. Good Q and A.

709 feels genuine. I like it.

AND NEW RAINBOW. Excellent.

---------- Post automerged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pozz, questions on the rainbow. Please answer quickly, fast responses are appreciated over waiting half an hour.

Why has Q dropped? What reasons has Jan dropped other then having opposing reads to yours? Is there a reason for the order in your null reads? Based on what interactions you've seen Fonti/TMNT/Mathblade and who?

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

709 is actually really bad, Kalas. Pozzai' sample size of my forum games is one game. He has no idea how I prefer to approach scummy people. His claim otherwise is feeble attempt to substantiate his read on me.

11. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

This is a general thing, I know Fonti fairly well, and stuff in her play just sprang out to me. Good point though, I liked that you picked up on that, noone else have iirc.

At that point you were a no show in regards to where I had read up to, so adding you as "Kalas is not here" read is not really helpful, is it?

I didn't want to give them, because they were half arsed, but some people wouldn't stop pestering me so I gave something to make them shut up.

As I am in general a polite person, I do not like not responding to people the instant I see them ask me questions, hence why it took so long to read, because there was always someone speaking to/with me, therefore any eta I'd give would not be very helpful.

True, I did not give reasons, I do not mind people being on my case as my responses to Banks and Citrus should show. Me not giving people the reasons at that time was to see what people would be interested in knowing, if I'm scum, why not ping out specific reads you as town find oddly placed (Q and Von too high for instance) and drill me for information and reasonings? Noone of the people that believe me scum did that, not a single one.

Again, same reasoning as above, sorry to irk you.

---------- Post automerged at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

2 forum games, yours of me is 1 and you base your accusation around what "I'd do"

And who in this thread was correct on you in the championship game? Was it Jan? Banks?

Oh.... Wait...

---------- Post automerged at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

The exact reason you give for my #709 being bad, is the one you use as an accusation on me, but with less experience in my game than I have of yours.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

i would not compare video and forummafia play in that way.
    noone can actually speak over you in forum mafia. if you want to get your reads out you just post them. regardless of other people talking.
    in forum mafia you can backtrack .. so whatever you say at any point during the game can be used against you (in videomafia that only works as long as ppl remember).

so you speaking up in forummafia more than videomafia doesnt make youmore town or mafia. i do think you are playing different this game than the beginning of the other game you are playing. that might be because fonti pushed on you before you could show the play you wanted to do or it might just be because you are scummy and are not as sure on how to play it from the get go.

[sry for this ugly block, not sure how to rewrite it into a block of beauty]

13. Koalas

High Score:
    QUESTIONS. ANSWER.

14. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I am not comparing, I merely meant that as a "Fonti's read is not copy paste for sure"

But what do you think of her read on me after ONE day(5 real life days) of play with me before this game, that she's so dead set on knowing my play exactly, and then afterwards try to de-evaluate my read on her due to "lack of experience with me" ?

15. Koalas

High Score:
    You're friends. You've never discussed Mafia? How to approach it? How player A did XYZ wrong?

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't understand why people would be crumbing roles/why people think they have figured out their roles.

Fonti, I said at the start od that post that it was based on much earlier content that I simply wanted to get out there, so I really don't get why you'd consider that trying to keep a earlier conflict alive (obviously it's an earlier conflict when I havent seen new material) or non-proactive?

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We talk about video mafia, and I've occasionally shown him how I make a read wall, but he's fully aware that he hasn't seen the full range of my townplay.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Impossible. Fonti said he gave Pozzi a note on game theory. So if you think Fonti has never discussed mafia wit Poz, you tik they are both scum.

19. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Sorry missed that, Q dropped cause I haven't seen much from him since(or at least recognised/remembered).

Jan has dropped because he's not answering the specifics of my questions very well I feel.

There's no order in nulls, hence why I moved Math slightly scum instead of Null.

Those are not necesarily a team, I am bad at putting teams together, but those are my individual scums.

---------- Post automerged at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

But you still approach me as you've seen my full range?

---------- Post automerged at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

We have discussed it, I still can't find that note though unless it's the one I mentioned earlier. But that is not alignment indicative anyway.

20. Koalas

High Score:
    I'd like to see anyone claim they've seen the full range of anyone else's townplay. The question is has he seen/experienced enough to be able to comment on it. Pozz sure seems to think so.