1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

The VCA strongly suggest Poz town. I'm town. He's not happening today.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What vote analysis? It's day 1 in a no-flip game.

Anyway, signing off.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Friendly reminder: Votes must be bolded, colored and on a seperate line or they will not be counted.

Also, adding a "Vote" before it makes it easier for me to find.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, I've read EVERYTHING, Titus and MathBlade, don't you have jobs or something that prevents you from posting all day every day???

Anyway.

The hot topic of the past ten or so pages is that Titus claimed and I guess she's going to die, which is a shame because she's one of my top townreads.

Rubicon, I am also interested in why Q is scum. Have you posted all of your reads yet?

5. Titus

Titus Squib

I'm running my own business, so I can do a shit ton while posting. :) My boss is cool yet a bitch.

6. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Titus, I backed off on you because you'll either die from a NK, or be lynched tomorrow. There's no reason to vote for you now, though I absolutely will if it looks like that can happen. As it is though, it doesn't look like the wagon on you is going anywhere and my vote can be better put somewhere else. The reason I haven't put my vote somewhere new is because I'm working on my read wall and still deciding where I want it to go.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I read these three games in full. It took a while.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2015-mafia-championship-game-1-a-1523482/

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2015-mafia-championship-game-6-a-1539521/

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...ate-game-mafia-champions-game-thread-1489540/

I read the first two in real-time as they were playing, without knowing who anyone was, and I read the last one self-spoiling and knowing everyone's roles before I started reading.

Whenever I came to a term I didn't understand I googled it for context.

I wouldn't recommend doing that now, though. It was time-intensive and you need to dig yourself out of the hole you're in right now.

I'm really not the right person to ask how to do that, but if I were you I'd pick one aspect of the way this game has gone - like, pick one thread of the various narratives that have developed, and try to analyze it. Like, for example, "does a world in which Titus and MathBlade are both town make any kind of sense, and if they are, who's profiting the most from their continued battle? Is anyone subtly egging them on?"

Or maybe, I don't even know if it would be helpful at this stage, but thoughts on who Tobi (the Third Party) might be? Just do stuff that helps town sort this mess out.

8. Titus

Titus Squib

"does a world in which Titus and MathBlade are both town make any kind of sense, and if they are, who's profiting the most from their continued battle? Is anyone subtly egging them on?"

This is where I get Atum scum. He's voting the way Math would have wanted earlier, but not really pushing it.

9. Banks

Banks Muggle

Jesus underlined too?

Vote: Rubicon
    :nyan::nyan:I feel like I should have cats and flares around it. :nyan::nyan: as well :p

10. Newcomb

By the way, not everyone playing this game has posted since Titus claimed, so until that happens, I'm considering all worlds.

But here's where I'm at, assuming no one counterclaims:

1. If Titus is fakecliaming and someone else is sitting with a Tsunade Role PM in their inbox, it's an objectively protown move to CC. That gives town a group of 2 people with 1 confirmed scum in it, and that's a trade we take every day.

2. Therefore once everyone has posted something past Titus's claim at #1215, Titus is confirmed Town.

Anyone have a problem with that logic?

Sorry if it's blindingly obvious to everyone else, I just want to make sure my foundation is solid when I start thinking about what to do next.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Just got back from work, what the hell happened that you guys put up over 500 posts since a left. Can someone give me a tl:dr before I start re-reading?

12. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

The question I find myself asking the most while reading the thread has less been, 'does it make sense for these two to be town' and more 'does it make sense for both of these to be scum?'

Like, I know Atum and Snowvon aren't scum together because Atum's first post where he voted Von was a merger. If they were together I don't think the post would have had an automerge. It's too genuine. The same way I don't think Waco and Atum are scum together because they both opened the game by stating that they hadn't read the rules yet. If they were scum together I don't think they'd have both posted the same thing like that even though it means nothing.

13. Newcomb

Titus claimed Tsunade. No one has CCed.

14. Banks

Banks Muggle

There are worlds where you wouldn't cc but small ones. For the most part I'm evaluating him as a player because not everyone plays roles straight forward. I think Titus is likely town, also if he is not he will be outed in short order so I'm fine either way.

15. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Well... that's interesting. Time to go read

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Undlerlined, or on a separate line? The rules don't mention needing to be underlined, but I'll fix my vote if that is required

17. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Also, I don't think it's an objectively protown move to cc Tsunade, but that's getting into serious WINE territory with if no one ccs then obviously Titus will be NKd if Town, so if Titus survives the night we lynch, but scum could use that to not NK Titus and waste tomorrows lynch, etc.

What I'm saying is, if someone didn't cc Tsu I could see their reasoning though I'd prefer a cc just to keep myself from going insane.

18. Newcomb

Having a hard time thinking of these... feel free to ignore if it's not protown to talk about or whatever, but it just seems like if you let the claim stand you're setting yourself up for a disaster.

Like, we confirm Titus as town, you decide to neighbor someone, Titus is alive D2... now what? The thread asks, "OK whoever neighbored Titus please stand up." So then someone...

Oh. OK I think I got it. Carry on. That's what they were talking about with the whole "2v2" thing a couple pages back. Reading too much Titus/MathBade back and forth I just kind of glaze over after a while.

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newcomb, Real!Tsunade CCing Fake!Tsunade only serves to point out Real!Tsunade for the Scum to NK toNight, and they can still Kabuto the Real!Tsunade's corpse N2 to harvest N3. As it is we're better off with no CC for now as we'll still get the same feedback but without surefire-killing Real!Tsunade on the chance that Titus is lying about her role.

We're left in the dark if Titus survives toNight anyhow. But if she dies than we can still wait to see if Ino mimics Dead!Real!Tsunade.

Waco, Titus outed herself. Banks has started posting somewhat seriously. Titus offered another readwall within the last dozen pages. Atum hounded Titus' behavior and was subsequently ConfScum'd a bit later on IIRC.

And that's all from your friendly sleep-deprived Zenzao. Now back to sleep til morning comes to purge this mire of smoke and mirrors. Mobile posting takes so long, ugh.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tsunade could wait till dawn of D2 to CC, forcing fakeclaim!Titus to call out a scummate as a neighbourized target. Or push the lynch if fakeclaim!Titus' neighbourized target was mysteriously the NK target, thus saving themselves from having to CC. Which way to go would be at the player's discretion.