1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Because he doesn't look like a clone, let me rephrase it to - who is the lucky (insane) parent (the donor of a second half of kid's DNA)? ;)

2. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Once Sasuke was considered handsome, now he looks like Snape. Yeah, it's a way higher price to pay for his sins than just an arm.

I can't think of anyone who looks like Mitsuki, so the donor is probably an unknown character.

And I'm betting Orochimaru is the dad...unless he got comfortable in a female's body. Hard to know with that guy.

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

He finally surpassed Jiraya and slept with Tsunade.

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I just realized that the kid looks a little like Dan. What are the chances he used his DNA just to mess with Tsunade one more time?

Zel
  5. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Do I detect a bunch of weird lemon fics where Mitsuki goes back in time to bang Tsunade? Or perhaps Mitsuki has to guard a retired Kage and things get heated?

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have to say, really don't like the new art. Orochimaru was ... not handled terribly but still, not really feeling any of this. I can't really conceive a much less interesting or compelling protag than Boruto. I don't even know why, his face is just so hate-able. And his name.

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

That's the problem with huge, epic, end-of-the-world style storylines with characters fighting literal gods while the fate of the entire human race hangs in the balance... it's damn hard to have a follow up that doesn't fall a bit flat, even if you change characters around.

8. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Is any of this worth reading? I quit prior to The Last movie.

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I found it kind of interesting. It was a chance to get a bit of background information on Mitsuki.

Kishimoto never explained how Orochimaru got his youth back so I skim the new information in hopes that he will tie up loose ends.

Although there is this disturbing trend. Sarada wasn't sure if Sakura was her real mother. Mitsuki wanted to know who his parents really are, and we find out he is a clone. I mean whats next? Will Boruto or his sister question who their parents are in the next chapter who knows. Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball. . . I mean Naruto the next generation.

PS. 'Naruto: The Last' sucked balls it was even worse than the old Naruto part 1 movies, but 'Boruto the Movie' had awesome fight scenes that I'd say put it in the top three Naruto movies.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  10. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Sasuke should have ended up with Karin. Uzumaki plus Uchiha? Heck yes.

Anyways, the romance really left a bad taste in my mouth throughout the whole series. Kishimoto really doesn't know how to write female characters imo.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Just read the Mitsuki bonus thing.

I gotta say, I liked it. I'm not exactly sure why, but it had this quality to it (no DBZ explosions, no retarded behavior from anyone) that has long since been gone from the series. A well-executed plot, an Orochimaru who has changed his goals and methods, perhaps, but is still himself, good execution and storytelling, however brief, and the art was again top notch.

I liked it a lot. Couldn't care too much about Mitsuki himself, but that's of little importance.

12. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Naruto live

Found the live action play in it's entirety on youtube for anyone who is interested.

What do you guys think of it?

13. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Just read the new Boruto manga. It is now in monthly jump so we get more pages and a longer wait between chapters.

http://readms.com/r/boruto/001/3387/1

I can't say I really have a problem with the art. As for the first chapter, if you've seen Boruto the movie there isn't much new content. Other than that I'm happy to see where the new artist goes with this new story.

Edit: Color page opening is pretty cool.

14. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

One thing I saw mentioned was Hinata missing 'The True Hyuuga Bloodline'. It does seem odd to jump from what she had before to the current version but perhaps she had a mastectomy.

15. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow. I actually hate Bolt more than I did kid Naruto. I guess that's how they're grabbing the readers' attention. After so much time and effort I've put into Naruto, seeing Bolt act and be like that is pretty disgusting. I guess it could be realistic, but bleh.

The art is okay, the faces look weird, Sasuke looks like trash.

The series should have just ended. This next gen, unappreciative children, destruction of the ninja legacy theme isn't very fun.

16. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Nah, Naruto just has a weird fetish for small breasts and managed to convince Hinata to have breast reduction surgery.
    Seriously though I think this artist just doesn't like big breasts because Sakura has small tits too if you look at her closely.

17. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Now that you mention it, none of the females seem to have them.

18. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

Ugh, really not a fan of what they are doing.

Boruto has to be the most unlikeable protagonist since prequel Annakin Skywalker even the name is fucking terrible.

I really would have liked a Spinoff with other characters in a different era with a writer who actually knew what the fuck he was doing. Naruto has a really interesting world and it really has so much promise for a good story.

But this new genaration are just complete rip offs of their parents and the series seems to be even moving away from Ninjas which is major turnoff.

Expect more Superpowered bullshit aliens like Kaguya (is it even explained what she was) and it really seems like they want to push the powerlevels even beyond the insane levels already shown at the end of Shippuden.

The art actually seems fine for the most part except the terrible Sasuke and Hinata

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I'm pretty sure the series is going to conclude with Brouto plowing the hot Uchiha heiress as well.

20. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    I'm wondering why the hell Boruto and Himawari don't have the Byakugan, especially considering how doujutsu seem to be a dominant trait. Boruto has even shown to have inherited the Uzumaki chakra, with his liberal usage of shadow clones.

How much of that is deliberate, and how much is it Kishi being a lazy arse and just designing their children as mini-Naruto and mini-Hinata?

Dammit Kishi.