1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Not Playing With a Full Deck by 4ofCups - M - The Dark Knight Trilogy

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by Philly Homer, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Title: Not Playing with a Full Deck
    Author: 4ofCups
    Genre: Crime/Drama
    Library Category: Other Fandoms
    Word Count: 503K
    Summary: Gotham’s most feared criminal has been insulted on a massive scale. What type of revenge will he exact on the woman responsible? Lois Lane will find out the hard way. This Joker is feral, bloodthirsty and hungry for revenge.
    Link: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/4568945/1/Not-Playing-with-a-Full-Deck

I have been away from the fanfic scene for a bit but as soon as I finished Not Playing with a Full Deck, I knew I had to share it with DLP.

What a phenomenal piece of fan fiction this turned out to be. At it’s core it’s a “Joker fucks everything up” fic but it’s written so well. It brilliantly explores the depths of the Joker’s madness and boy are there layers to the Clown Prince of Crime’s depravity. It also touches on other POV’s and they are pretty layered as well. But, the Joker is the star of this show and his characterization alone is worth the price of reading.

The way everything unfolds is like watching a Greek tragedy because it certainly kept me at the edge of my seat.

The author clearly put a ton of effort into writing this fanfic, the amount of detail despite the story taking place just over 2 days is staggering and it certainly shows.

The only negative (for me) was the author making Batman much weaker than what I think he would be in the unfolding events. The author clearly LOVES the Joker (probably to an unhealthy level) which comes at the expense of Batman and that takes away from the greatness of this fanfic.

Having said that, this is such a dark story and weaves such a complex tale with a myriad of characters that I can’t give it anything less than 4.5 out of 5.