1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official GoF movie discussion thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I have not seen the movie and not planning on it until it comes out on video or DVD. However, I will say that they got the Yew wand correct. Yew wood is white not black, you are thinking of ebony.

2. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Ohmamamia_mamamia First Year

I was most pissed we did not see our favorite hottie Death Eater. Bella was totally snubbed from the movie.

3. Necrule Paen

You probably did, she just did not have any lines. I mean all she says in the book is that Voldemort is going to break them out when he rises again, and they have cut out more important things then that.

4. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

My parents forced me to go see it. And I agree with HPsleuth on the Quidditch thing. I saw the special effects and thought maybe it would be good, but no. They completely skip it. And I didn't like them cutting out Bill and Charlie either. I know they weren't important, but still.

Both Patil twins were in Gryfindor. One should be in Ravenclaw. No Blast-Ended Skrewts either. I wanted to see what the would do for them. The DE cosumes were dissapointing.

I wish that (whoever played Dumbledore in the first two movies) didn't die. This new one is horrible. When Harry's name gets tossed out of the goblet, Dumbledore does NOT shake him and demand he tell how he put his name in. I thought the actress who played Rita was alright.

Last peeve, end of the movie. What about the gold that is supposed to start up Fred and George's joke shop? And the meeting where Snape and the Weasley's meet Sirius to start up the Order of the Phoenix? The last one's crucial to the next book.

5. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Yeah but now we have no clue who she is. So In the next movie we will just see some black-haired women kill Sirius by casting him into the veil. I'm sure that will be great.

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Doubtful. They'll probably cut it.

7. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I cant believe nearly all of you have seen it! it sounds shit but i still want to be able to throw my 2 cents worth in! God damn it not fair! Im with Lord Ravenclaw i wouldn't be surprised if they cut siris's death and just go and like have him crying, completely missing what i thought was cool in the duel between Dumbles and Riddle! Meh guess i gotta wait and see ey?

8. Hobbes

Hobbes First Year

Ok fist they didn't put her in the movie i watched for that explicit character during the pensieve moment, whats up with barty crouches tongue?, cho isn't hot, theres no winky, harry didin't fall unconcious he jsut trip going into the woods not running through burning tents, the portkey was done bad, cedric and author where like running? hello can we say wtf, floo was horrible, sirius is snuffles they never write sirius on the letters, they change the great hall it became smaller, the dumbledore is horrible and out of character, he acts evil, deatheaters look like black KKK,with like scull masks, i always thought of it as a jason, masks,i thought olympia was fat and tall not just tall, thought ron was out of character, what was up with that scene with hermione crying and telling the boys to go to bed shes not their mother? Isn't the dark mark on the bicep on the upper arm not the lower arm.moodys eye is horrible, from what i remember he had like a wooden eye, they thing looked horribly out of place, and there isn't suppose to be a band holding it in place, what happened to bellatrix, voldy's eyes aren't red, the ferret seen is bad, they totoally left out the quidditch seen, THEY LEFT OUT HARRY GIVING THE MONEY THE FRED AND GEORGE HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO START THE SHOP NOW.

things i liked
    the tasks, th especial effects, except the floo, FRED AND GEORGE ARE AWSOME.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I still say the only good casting was Richard Harris as the old Dumbledore, and Fred and George. If Radcliffe could act a bit better I'd say he looks perfect for the part of Harry, but his talents leave much wanting.

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i'm going to hate it when they show bella.think about it they ruined almost everything with these movies.I fear they may ruin her. :?

11. Ohmamamia_mamamia

They managed to make Ron perfect. A git who is a panzi.

12. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

I saw it. I thought it was the best of them all. Pretty good. No cheezy ending, much better than the famous:

1 i'm not going home really

2 there is no hogwarts wihout you agrid

3 freeze frame broom flight

13. Midknight

Good point. Just too many key points gone from this movie, and the bad acting just made me blind to the good CGI tasks. (Which I knew would be good anyway)

14. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

How'd the movie end again? I somehow forgot.

I think they overplayed Ron's jealousy. Sure he's jealous, but I think maybe they went just a little too far.

15. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I think the best moment of the movie... was Snape slapping the shit out of Harry and Ron... I couldn't stop laughing.. GO DEATH EATER GO DEATH EATER GO! (go ninja go...vanilla ice...ninja turtles...oh shut up)

16. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

I thought the only person well casted in this movie were fred and george. the scene with him asking angelina i actually found funny.

What pissed me off most was the third task. NO CREATURES. No sphynx no screwts no acromantula and no boggart/ dementor.

The portkey was done bad but i enjoyed it, except for the let go part that was cheesy.

17. Necrule Paen

They probably ran out of money to pay for the CGI for them. But, how did they do the maze part anyway? Just have Harry run around trying to find the way?

18. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Couldn't agree more, also, how are the teachers supposed to patrol around the maze, that thing was huge. I also didn't like the Death Eaters hoods ( they look like prats) and their mask's should have been more like Darth Nihilus' from Star Wars ( Google it, hes cool)

But overall, they're moving in the right direction, i'll give them that, making it darker and not a kiddies flick, thought AK was done well, and the CGI in general was done very well. I actually wanted to see the world cup and was pissed that i didn't get to see it, plus Tom needs to look more evil, he jst looked sleep deprived and a bit crazy.

good, but they could do better

19. Ohmamamia_mamamia

The Death Eaters looked like the KKK only in black

20. Midknight