1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official GoF movie discussion thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Just had a thought... HOW IS SNAPE SUPPOSED TO GET THAT GIANT PENSEIVE WALL APPLIANCE DOWN TO THE DUNGEONS?! Think ahead movie makers, unless you're planning another major universe shift with Hogwarts and we get a different castle YET AGAIN...*grumbles*

2. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

They already fucked the films up so much it's unreal. I would prefer to know how they're going to explain how Harry could do magic outside of school in PoA but in OotP has to go to court because of it.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

They'll probably just change everything about the Penseive and make it portable. I mean, if they can change the whole entire fucking structure of Hogwarts in the third movie, they can change the Pensieve.

4. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Dont even get me into that. I, above everyone else, protested about the change they did to my beloved Hogwarts! They completly changed the floor plan. Its blasphemy, a defilment of good structural creativity and design...why the hell did they change it? They could have given it another look without changing the whole effing layout of the place! Hmph.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It's going to be funny watching them trying to fix things.

6. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Im just going to wait until some ten or twenty years from now when a true fan of the books, like Peter Jackson was of the LOTRs trilogy, takes them and re-makes them into something worth something.

they are going to have to fix a lot of things if they want to stick with the books. But I fear that they will just change more things up, instead of doing it accuratly.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yes, get a kiwi in there! Ahem...

But yeah, it'd be great if it was re-made down the line but I reckon it wont happen. Most people, even hardcore fans, seem to like the films...

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Really? Around here, everyone that likes the books thinks that the movies are horrible. My one friend watched the fourth movie which prompted him to start reading the books. After he watched the movie, he was convinced that it was exceptional, but after he read all the books he agrees that it was idiotic.

9. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    I would agree with Sree on this as well.

10. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

THAT WAS MY PLAN!, But to do it in a sort of TV Mini-Series type of way, in that sense we can stay true to the plot WITHOUT CUTTING ANYTHING!

11. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

lol, I would watch it if they made a TV series out of the books, defenetly. And the season finales can be the of each book or something. That would be nice, even if they would probably just angst it up. Ugh. I dont know if I care to see the highlighting of Ginny/Harry torture because of it.

Alas, its a nice thought, but i dunno if it's actually plausible.