1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official Recommendation Thread: Anime

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Orm Embar, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Reportedly KyoAni has begun work on a brand new series, which is uplifting to hear after everything that happened.

Nijuuseiki denki mokuroku sounds like a show right up my alley, tbh. And since I sold my soul to KyoAni after Euphonium and Violet Evergarden I'm probably going to watch it whenever it airs.

2. Tsar

Tsar Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Seeing as I haven't seen it recommended, I'd like to suggest to anyone who even passingly watches anime to watch Great Pretender. It's produced by Studio Wit the guys who were behind Attack on titan you know that the animation is going to be quality. The characters and the sound direction are strong and as for the story while it can be predictable its excellently executed and at times heartfelt.

It's a strong 9/10 from me. It will probably be my sleep anime of the year.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Watched Demon Slayer (+ movie) and loved it. Very eager for when S2 lands in December.

It hits like season one of the likes of Naruto and Bleach. Very satisfying start to a shonen anime, with a likable protagonist, hints at an interesting supernatural world, and an antagonist who's grabbed my interest. Annoying anime moments were kept pretty low, and there were some incredibly cool fights and training sequences.

Best in genre from the last few years.