1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ogame - Space Expansion Simulator

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Moridin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Ogame is an interesting space expansion and resource management simulator, developed by Gameforge and produced and maintained by Bioware. You start out on one planet with a few resources, and then build up resources and units and expand. It's been around for over a decade, I know some of you have already been in it (or have tried it and left), but if you want to give it a shot (or another shot), it's been pretty awesome so far.

Those of you who joined up in Project Terra know about our alliance, Seven Kingdoms. We are moving it to Ogame. Seven Kingdoms is a bunch of random people with many DLPers recruited from the PT thread here. If you're in SK but haven't checked out Ogame yet, sign up and see how you like it. If you're not in SK, join and try the game out.

The game has many different servers, each with slight differences to gameplay, but the main server from what I could see is Jupiter, so we have started up there. If you can't see Jupiter as an option when registering, change your location to UK and it should become visible.

So yeah, come check it out. It's a fun game with quite some depth, and since PT went bust, this seems like a pretty viable alternative.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

We (DLP) had an Ogame clan for a long time [our clan essentially moved to CN from it] but the game was so utterly dominated by top tier Turkish alliances we never could catch up.