1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"One Piece" anime and manga

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by CrashLTD, Dec 16, 2006.

1. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

2. Torak

Torak Death Eater

This Whitebeard is a beast:awesome

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God damn, One Piece, I love you.

4. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

QFT.

Whitebeard is beast and the guy that I personally don't like no matter what actually shows up. I was kinda hoping he went and died on some unknown piracy thing. :/

5. digitalstorm

Why don't you like Blackbeard?

6. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Dunno really. His entire introduction from the beginning when he met Luffy never seemed entirely to my liking. It's probably because I don't like backstabbers and he's one hell of a backstabber.

He also looks like a dirty fat hobo and while there are plenty of other pirates that look the same on some level, I just don't like how he looks for some reason. :/

7. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

He is a villain, you're not supposed to like him, the same with Akainu. The fact that Oda does this so well makes them awesome.

Yes, Akainu is my favourite Admiral at this time and I'm very interested to see what Blackbeard will be doing, he promised something major in Impel Down.

8. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well Kizaru is a villain as well (sort off) but I sure as hell like him. I agree with the notion that Blackbeard is quite unlikable. Not in the sense of Wapol or the Tenryobuto but nearly there.

That said, Whitebeard smacking Akainu down was a delight :awesome:

Also I was not the biggest fan about Ace's backstory and his death was not handled as good as it could have been, to be honest it was handled rather bad.
    I think Ace kind of deserved this. WB was sacrificing himself in order to let everyone, especially Ace, escape. Ace knew what everyone had risked to get him out of there but after Akainu called WB a few names he turned and tried to fight him, knowing that he was exhausted, injured and seriously outclassed and he made the deaths of the other pirates and especially Whitebeards in vain.

It was good that he saved Luffy but it was his fault that Akainu got a shot at Luffy in the first place.

Also his whole backstory was just cheap, looking for his reason to exist was much, MUCH better handled with both Robin and Chopper and Ace kind of appeared like someone who exaggerates and creates unnecessary drama. I mean he had Garp and Luffy and later a crew and then the WB pirates, he was never truly alone, nobody knew he was the son of Roger and I don't see where this is "everybody wants me dead" thing came from.

Oda can do so much better, we have seen him do much better. One Piece always knew how to make you feel for the characters, I felt for Robin, I felt for Chopper, I felt for everyone from Brooks crew, so many people have died and every single one of them drew out some emotion but here with Ace, I just thought that he had it coming and I did not feel sorry at all. Sure I was sad that Luffy was sad but otherwise it was not as I had expected.

9. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Yeah, Ace acted like such a moron at the end that it kind of ruined his character for me.

10. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You know what's the weird thing for me? There is no limit on how hot a fire can burn... So why does magma burns fire?

XD

I think I just killed a cat-girl for bring physics into Manga...

11. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Blackbeard Pirates indeed

Whitebeard dies standing up like a mother fucking G that he is

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/576-65/1

:eek:

12. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Even the manga straight up told us that Whitebeard's beast. One of my favorite characters ever.

13. digitalstorm

The ending of One Piece is going to be beyond epic.

14. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

The new chapter gave me goosebumps.

15. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Fuck yeah, Whitebeard. Salute.

16. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

Pretty sure lava/magma destroys fire because magma isn't fire, it produces fire as an aftereffect of its own amazing level of heat. It may be just surface logic but that's kinda the way most of the manga works. Still my favorite manga though.

And although the action is amazing right now I'm looking forward to seeing the full crew in action again, I'm rather tired of not seeing them at all, even if all they're doing is training in their respective areas.

Can't wait to see Strong World though, first canon movie production.

17. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Let us have a moment of silence for Whitebeard.
    ...Fuck, that was an awesome chapter.

18. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

I read it as Ace taking the hit for Luffy; he un-Logia'd for a moment so he wouldn't just disperse into fire and used himself as a shield.

Also, Whitebeard is epic.

19. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You may be right on that, I didn't consider this possibility. But I still stand to my view that Ace was stupid to let himself be fooled by a bit of name calling.

And yes Whitebeard is the man, even though the amount of bullets was a bit silly :D

Also really smart move from Blackbeard, he made the Marines, the WB Pirates, everyone who likes/loves/admires/respects WB and the SH crew his enemies.

Hopefully we will see Robin, Zoro, Brook and the others, I am dying to know what they have been up to.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New chapter is up on Mangastream. I'm not sure what to say really.. It contradicts canon.. It seems like an ass pull.. buts its so awesome and opens so many possibilities at the same time.