1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Only Enemies by leave this world - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Cell, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I like it a lot still. Read prior chapter, and picked up the thread immediately.

Bigger question, is why did it take so long to get to this point? We could be here at chapter 12. Maybe 15 for breathing room, but its carrying unnecessary weight.

That said, style is fun.

And each chapter is fun, like cake. Layered with odd blends, and complex.

Frosting is the Bella/Harry paranoia/Attraction. (Which is just delightful)

Soul magic bothers me in terms of spells, and Dumbledore hasn't been given enough show time for such a heavyweight. Bones necromancer is unnecessary, and I don't like Harry/Bella being unbeatable.

They SHOULD get banged up more (for characterization, realism, and reader sympathy purposes.)

Other than that, terrific.

4.6/5

2. jjack1003

jjack1003 Second Year

I loved this story when i first read it about 6 months ago, but the updates are very slow, and I simply do no have the patience
    brilliant if the author does continue

3. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well I just reread the entire thing and I have to say I really don't know where the plot can go now. I like that Harry truly is dark now, but his acceptance of insanity, for lack of a better word, leaves the author little room to move the plot it seems to me. There's really no driving force for Harry now unless it's to cause havoc and chaos in the world, and that would get boring pretty quickly I think. Hopefully the author knows what he/she is doing but it is a little worrisome to me.

4. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

I see and understand your worries elvin, at the moment it looks to me like it'll be another Harry/Tom standoff with their respective sides changed. Don't really know how it will play out though, if it is much longer I doubt it'll continue to be as interesting and delighting as it has been so far. As you say "There's really no driving force for Harry now..", he hasn't really had any driving force at all except to rescue Sirius and harm Bella in the entire story, all the fights has basically been thrust upon him and he has responded, I figure that's how it'll continue to play out. Will be interesting to see how the Bella/Harry interaction changes with the recent developments though.

5. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I kind of felt like the driving force before was Harry's hope that he would be able to set everything right and return to a normal life with Hermione and Sirius and such.

6. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

It's more like a foolish hope than a driving force, he knows himself throughout the story that it isn't right, the Hermione he's with is not his Hermione. He doesn't try to change anything, he just tries to loose himself in memories, not really a driving force imo.