1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fandom Almost Recommendable: Barely Readable to Almost Good [Volume Two]

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Antivash, Aug 19, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What exactly was the point of this fic?

Edit: Does the author know that Kryptonians can detect lying?

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Causes you to re-interpret canon events? That's what I did for me anyway and puts a creepier spin on their relationship and M'gann herself.

3. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

Earth-16 Kryptonians can't.

As knight said it was a reinterpretation of canon events (M'Gann's mindrape of Conner causing their break up) and her growing abuse of her powers.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Keep up the recs, Alraune. I can't say that the last two were great, but they were both interesting and outside the scope of what I normally read.

5. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

As you can tell by now I have a real soft spot for Conner's relationship with his two dads.

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/9118529/1/Seven-Minutes
    http://m.fanfiction.net/s/9095982/1/Mutual-Trust-and-Intimacy
    Here are some Supernatural oneshots that I liked.
    http://m.fanfiction.net/s/7515499/1/StandIn
    Real Men Don't Make Cheesecake
    Highway to Hell, Michigan
    http://southwindow.livejournal.com/10969.html
    Srs Bzns
    Canaan
    http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6187225/1/Unmaking
    EDIT: Added a few more

Lies were kept simple
    You Catholic Girls Start Much Too Late
    Multi-chaptered fics

The Mad Road
    The Night Dean Winchester Ruined His Date’s Prom (But Got Laid Anyway)
    To the day we burned maps
    I See A Darkness
    The Teacher's Lounge Coffee Klatch
    Edit 2: Fixed link.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  6. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Title: To the Stars
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7406866/1/To-the-Stars
    Puella Magi Madoka Magi
    Length: 300k Words
    Summary: Kyubey promised that humanity will reach the stars one day. The Incubator tactfully refrained from saying too much about what they would find there.

Ok to say the truth... I have neve read the original manga but that doesn´t matter that much in this story because is truly a massive AU. And massive is probably the best adjective to describe this story. This is a Sci-Fi/fantasy crossover. It is long, full of descriptions, confusing and really slow which is the reason why I post it here and not in the lib because on the other hand it truly tries something new. If you like SpaceDramas or have some time to waste chances are high you like it.

Edit: Sry for the wrong link. And it seems like I missed it with my search.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  7. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

The link leads to a prototype/mass effect crossover.

8. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

It already is in the Library.

yak
  9. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

Green Eyes
    A fic on why M'gann stayed with Lagoon boy.

Emergence

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Jesus. I haven't read/watched Young Justice, but y'all are already making me hate Miss Martian.

11. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Yeah, she's got issues. She's nice enough in the first season but she takes a dark turn between then and the second season. Totally recommend Young Justice, btw.

12. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

My only problem with M'gann is that she got completely off the hook for what she did to Superboy because one of his powers is apparently Super-Forgiveness.

13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I actually like Miss Martian a lot more in the second season. About time someone did a few more extreme things with their power and I kinda hoped we would see a descend into villainy from that.

Also liked Superboy a lot more in the second season as well, since he stopped being a whiny angry-fuck and actually grew as a character. But yeah, bullshit on the forgiving thing.

14. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

Superboy was ridiculously depressing to watch in S2.
    He learned he can't age. He said he thought of suicide, the mind rape, the fact everyone blamed him on the break up because he was hiding M'Gann's secret because he still loved her. She made a thing of it to show off her new relationship to him every chance she could. The only home he's ever known got blown up by his friends unnecessarily, they planned the murder of Artemis to fall on the day right before his birthday. The rest of his friends ignored his birthday to go his other friend's baby shower, Clark was stuck in space and he and Cassie spent ever episode getting jobbed like bitches.

His hands were the cleanest of the original 6 and S2 seemed to punish him for it.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

When you put it all together like that...damn. But moving on:

Naruto: Great Clan Days
    Author: Kenchi618
    Senju Hashirama's dream to unify all of the warring clans of his country under one village remained just that; a dream. Generations later the ninja world still consists of pure clan affiliation. Enacting peace through understanding has fallen to the side. A catalyst is needed for any kind of change to occur, and it is all found in a little boy... for better or for worse. AU.
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure - Naruto U. - Chapters: 10 - Words: 142,023 - Reviews: 763 - Favs: 1,505 - Follows: 1,322 - Updated: 10-02-13 - Published: 05-18-13 - id: 9304878

16. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

He smiled only two times the whole season.
    Clark calling him brother and Wendy being the only one who remembered his birthday.

S2 just left me thinking Superboy deserved much better friends because all his sucked.

17. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Since we're on a YJ movement and because a quick search didn't reveal this fic, I'll go ahead and recommend it.

Unfair Justice By Daruku Janubu.
    Within the cargo box of a missing truck, the team found something that would redefine their view on justice. For sometimes, believing you are doing what is right makes innocent people suffer; and sometimes, saving people's lives is not enough to make you their hero.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Drama - Danny F. - Chapters: 16 - Words: 97,668 - Reviews: 600 - Favs: 572 - Follows: 666 - Updated: 07-01-13 - Published: 12-03-12 - id: 8763422

It's... not bad, I guess. Probably the best fic in this particular crossover, which isn't saying much at all. The story's certainly readable with little grammar mistakes. But the hurt/comfort and drama is definitely there. The author lays it on pretty thick in the mind-dive chapters and the drama, in particular, feels forced. Still, it was a decent enough time waster and I'd recommend it here as something of a guilty pleasure.

18. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

A Day ln The Life
    Just a nice SPN oneshot to kill time.

19. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Kent
    Conner Kent can't seem to get Superman to acknowledge him, but what if Superboy were to befriend a reporter for the Daily Planet, Clark Kent, instead?
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Friendship/Angst - Conner K./Superboy & Clark K./Superman - Chapters: 15 - Words: 59,571 - Reviews: 214 - Favs: 272 - Follows: 215 - Updated: 01-10-13 - Published: 11-23-11 - Status: Complete - id: 7575047

Team Leader
    They've become almost like a family to Kaldur, and that's just as well, because it's his responsibility to watch over them all.
    Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Friendship - Kaldur/Aqualad - Chapters: 7 - Words: 11,561 - Reviews: 52 - Favs: 51 - Follows: 35 - Updated: 04-20-12 - Published: 01-17-12 - Status: Complete - id: 7749863

Aim and Accuracy
    Artemis commences her schooling at Gotham Academy. Familiarities abound and a new evil begins the path to terror as she starts to see that there might be more to the Boy Wonder. Season 1 complete.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure - Artemis C./Artemis & Richard G./Nightwing - Chapters: 18 - Words: 60,050 - Reviews: 292 - Favs: 230 - Follows: 163 - Updated: 06-14-12 - Published: 10-10-11 - Status: Complete - id: 7454170

Scouting
    Superman draws the short straw and has to serve as 'den mother' for the Team for a week. How will the kids cope with the Boy Scout? And will the Superman be able to survive the kids? -written for forum challenge-
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Humor - Clark K./Superman & Conner K./Superboy - Chapters: 8 - Words: 20,436 - Reviews: 122 - Favs: 191 - Follows: 76 - Updated: 03-01-12 - Published: 02-12-12 - Status: Complete - id: 7827011

Mathlete Swag
    In which there are nerdy pick-up lines. —Robin/Zatanna.
    Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Richard G./Nightwing & Zatanna Z. - Words: 1,539 - Reviews: 58 - Favs: 215 - Follows: 23 - Published: 01-16-12 - Status: Complete - id: 7747284

In Case of Emergency
    It had started as a joke, contingency plans made for various hypothetical circumstances, but then the world falls under mind-control, their mentors turning against them, and those rules made up in jest become something to survive by.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Friendship/Adventure - Richard G./Robin & Wally W./Kid Flash - Words: 49,504 - Reviews: 264 - Favs: 736 - Follows: 71 - Published: 12-08-11 - Status: Complete - id: 7618533

Two Birds
    One team is strictly on a mission. The other team wants to find out what they're hiding. With common enemies, working together becomes their only option. "We're not a promise of what's to come, and you're not a chance for us to change our pasts." Teen Titans/Young Justice
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure/Friendship - Robin & Richard G./Nightwing - Chapters: 24 - Words: 145,769 - Reviews: 667 - Favs: 572 - Follows: 626 - Updated: 08-22-12 - Published: 12-12-11 - id: 7632419

20. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

Dog People
    World Without
    Fic is currently on Hiatus but I still enjoyed it.

Two-Way Street
    How To be The Worst Baby Sitter Ever
    Pharos' author's first long YJ Fic, this was being written while the first season was just airing so it does diverge a lot. But still one of the best in the fandom.
    Halloween
    Placeholder
    Red and Green
    Present
    Hero
    Edit:
    Paradise
    Also Pharos updated for anyone interested.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
Not open for further replies.