1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For people that loved The Inbetweeners, I would strongly recommend Friday Night Dinner. I always saw it showing later on E4 but kept putting it off cause I though it was a reality TV show like Come Dine With me (It's not). One of the starring characters is actually SImon Birn (Will from Inbetweeners).

Here's a link to a clip from one of the episodes if you guys want to get a general sense of what the show is like.

2. sonder

sonder Professor

I’ve been binging Glitch on Netflix and it’s a lot of drama, lot of back stabbing, lot of murder. The show is about a cop who finds his dead wife has come back to life. When he finds out there are others, he gets sucked into events bigger and deeper than he could have ever imagined.

I’m on the last episode now and it’s been a wild ride. If you’re looking for a weekend binge, it’s three seasons and all available on netflix. The Cantonese is on point.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Interesting. Loved this book series. Let's see what happens with this tv show. It doesn't have a network yet interestingly enough.

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hmm. Looks promising, although it also looks like they're not sticking that close to the books, from what I recall - it's been a few years. Not necessarily a bad thing anyway, of course.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Robert Harris’s latest book, The Second Sleep, is getting a tv adaption. I finished the audiobook over the course of the last month and really liked it.

Apparently it’s planned to go beyond the scope of the original story, which is probably a good idea, because there’s a lot of potential in the world Harris crafted.

And also because pretty much every major character dies at the end of the novel. It wasn’t particularly unexpected, particularly given how much Harris goes on about the title of the book over the course of the story, but still disappointing, because this is the rare case of the Harris novel where I absolutely would not have minded a sequel.

6. Arthellion

High Score:
    The Witcher has released some first impressions (though reviews are embargoed), but first impressions talk alot about how beautiful the fight choreography is (better than GOT apparently.)

7. Shinysavage

High Score:
    The Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover started last night, to pretty positive response as far as I've seen, and will continue tonight with the Batwoman episode...unless you're in the UK, where the show currently doesn't have a distributor. Whatever one's opinion on piracy, hyping up and releasing the biggest event in the franchise so far before a decent chunk of your audience can watch it seems like a massive own goal on the CW's part.

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Whose impressions? Randoms on reddit? Some schmuck at BuzzFeed?

9. Arthellion

High Score:
    Crowd at a con that got viewing apparently.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From the little combat you see in the trailers, it does look pretty well choreographed. Cavil/stuntman is spinning around slashing fools like a fucking top.

11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Few new pre-show character videos for you. If you haven't read the books, this will give away a bit of character backstory you might not have picked up on in the games.

Geralt:

Yennefer:

Ciri:

12. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Major case of "I knew this guy was British but only ever heard him be American in movies" with Cavill.

13. sonder

sonder Professor

@Ched I will definitely will be rereading the series before the show starts and will let you know.

14. Arthellion

High Score:
    From interviews I've read, this show mixes Book 1 with Book 2, but is primarily an adaption of Book 2.

15. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Anyone been watching Watchmen? The last few episodes have been very, very good.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Dr. Manhatten episode was fantastic.

17. Arthellion

High Score:

18. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone still watching the Arrowverse? I stopped at the beginnings of Arrow Season 6, Flash Season 4 and Legends of Tomorrow Season 3.

But what I'm hearing about the 5 part crossover (Crisis on Infinite Earths) make me really want to watch. It does seem like a cheaper Infinity War/Endgame but just reading the cast list got me excited.

Lucifer (From the Lucifer TV show) appears. Brandon Routh appears as Superman. Kevin Conroy appears as Batman. Tom Welling appears as Smallville Superman.
    And that's just the stuff I heard about and there's still a Part 5 left.

19. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I stopped watching those a while back, but there's nothing you desperately need to know to jump into the Crisis event, so I'm doing that.

Sure, I'm wondering how some folks came back to life and why some people are traveling through time, but that's standard at this point.

The cameos are fun, and the writers are enjoying putting a lot in there as nudges to the audience. It's just fanservice, as all these are, and as long as you can go into it looking for fun and not serious plot, you'll probably like it.

20. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Two episodes into Dracula, and I've got to say, it's a massive return to form for Moffat and Gatiss. Up there so far with early Sherlock, and Jekyll; creepy, funny, clever and confident, with some very well done twists from the source.

Post episode 3 edit: well, it wasn't the worst finale they've done, by a long shot, but a disappointment after the first two parts. Nothing especially wrong with it, just too much - it felt like they'd tried to cram an entire second series into one episode, with predictable results. Ah well.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020