1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Unspeakable

Jang Yeong-Sil (K Drama)
    Thunderbolt Fantasy
    Baahubali 1 and 2

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The BBC did some excellent adaptations of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, and The City and the City a few years ago, both well worth checking out (JS&MN: set pre-, during and post-Napoleonic War, focusing on the last two English Magicians as they collaborate and feud over approaches to the magical arts; City&City: murder mystery set in a fictional east European city that occupies the same space as a different city in another dimension).

Wynonna Earp wasn't something I expected much from, but turned out to be really enjoyable; the titular character has to take up her ancestor's gun due to the family curse - namely, the 77 criminals that Wyatt Earp killed, who get resurrected every time a new Earp comes of age. Similar to Supernatural in tone, specifically the earlier series (I haven't seen the third series yet, so can't comment on that).

Russian Doll is a fantastic Netflix mini-series, about a woman trying to find out how and why she's got stuck in a timeloop starting the night of her birthday, and ending with her inevitable (if always different) death.

Timeless is about a history professor recruited by Homeland Security to assist when a terrorist steals a prototype time machine and vanishes into the past; she and her team follow him to make sure that he can't alter events too badly, and a conspiracy gradually comes to light. Another show that I haven't fully watched yet, about halfway through series two, but solid entertainment with some good chemistry between the cast.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    @Quick Ben Gosh trying to think of ones that you wouldn't have seen. Erm...

Star Wars: Clone Wars
    The Good Place
    Rick and Morty
    Deadly Class
    Stranger Things
    Hannibal
    Atlanta
    Death Note
    Rome
    Spartacus
    Brittania
    Turn
    Marco Polo
    Norsemen

4. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Watched most of them except for Brittania and Turn, so I'll check those out after I am done watching Jack Ryan(which has been ok so far)

5. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If you enjoy S1, don't watch S2. It's a mess. I love Jim Halpert as much as the next guy, but it's painful how much the writers can't seem to get out of their own ways.

6. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Headmaster DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

So, the good place ended this Friday (or perhaps earlier, I don’t know where you are).

It was wonderful. Really hit the sorta emotional weightyness a show about everlasting afterlife should aspire to, and the moments they were ‘done’ really landed for me. Got a bit teary. Good cathartic finale.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  7. Nevermind

Nevermind Unspeakable

High Score:
    I thought it was really, really good. I was kind of afraid of the finale, but it was such a rewarding experience. Lots of cool guest appearances and cameos, and the visual gags were, of course, up to the usual standard.

83FF8F99-B1F6-42DE-A585-CCF73399B7B9.jpeg

The broad strokes of what the finale was going to be about were heavily foreshadowed, of course, but beautifully executed & acted all the same.

All in all, I’m really going to miss this show. Take it sleazy, folks.

Some of my favourite moments:

D’Arcy Carden wearing the J+J necklace on her wrist during the cast interview with Seth Meyers was a lovely touch.

Eleanor on the bridge might be the best thing Kristen Bell has ever done.

Biggest laughs of the episode probably went to “Chidi, wait up!” and Derek v151.000.000.

Also, Michael Realman.