1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Pharah is amazing, I dedicate myself to the rocket firing Egyptian overlord. May my enemies meet a barrage of explosions to the face. My main nemesis is Genji creeping around and nailing me from behind as I unleash the fire and brimstone though, not sure how to counter it.

2. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Friend opened around 8 boxes, got Mechaqueen Pharah and one of the Native American Pharah skins. I'm not jealous. Really.

3. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I want Anubis Pharah so bad.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've bought 61 crates and I'm level 11, so from 72 crates, my legendary skins are:

Jester/ Scarecrow Junkrat
    Mechaqueen Pharrah (1k creds)
    Lionhardt Reinhartd (1k creds)
    Mako/ Sharkbait Roadhog
    Daredevil: 76 (possibly the ugliest, and thus most hilarious skin of all time)
    Barbarossa Torbjorn (1k creds) (le chuck!)
    Punk Tracer
    Comtesse Widowmaker
    Djinyatta (1k creds)

Along with a bunch of epic ones too that I sometimes prefer to their legendary counterparts.

Basically, the drop rates are pretty decent from crates, unlike Hearthstone and packs.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  5. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I really like if you double up you get some coins and it's not just wasted. A very small amount but still better than nothing.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    That small amount adds up, especially since doubles become increasingly common the more crates you open, obviously.

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Neat, got a play of the game as Torbjörn. I mean, it looked lame as hell since it was me killing some dudes while my turret also defended elsewhere, but hey.

Wonder how they calculate the Plays.

8. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

They probably just search for the biggest amount of damage/point change in the time frame. I know you can also get PotG by cancelling people's ults too.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Or getting a 5 man rez

10. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do the commendations count for anything?

11. Krieger

Not sure about commendations but the medals count towards achieves.

12. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

All day I've been swapping between Junkrat and Bastion (for Offense and Defense, respectively), with the occasional Mei thrown in.

The more I play the more I'm convinced maps should dictate hero choices more then anything else in solo queue. Youre in the dense, tight streets of Kings Row? Junkrat's bombs bounce everywhere and get tons more hits. You're in the Temple of Anubis? The variable heights and large amounts of cover make Bastion positioning much easier.

But if you're in Ilios/Numbani? The map is way too bright, and the spaces are way too open. Bastion gets spotted much easier on these maps, and requires much more healer attention to be effective. The Numbani streets are also way way way wider, making Junkrat less effective.

And ugh, Bastion in Nepal is cancer. Not for hte other team, but for you. No clean line of sights of anything useful without being in full view or in melee range.

Depending on your goal, and the layout of your surroundings, you can make smarter (or dumber) choices. Pharah does quite well in the open ceiling maps of Route 66 or Dorado, but is hampered horribly in Liljiang tower's closed ceiling. Same with Widowmaker in Liljiang- using her there is just asking for her to be completely owned, but stick her in the darker, trickier maps (Kings Row, which is pretty cool of them to make her lore sniping map and her actual probable best map, as well as Dorado) and she becomes that much harder to track while having large amounts of sniper vantage points.

Junkrat though... he's a blast. I find myself remembering to use his traps way more then most secondary abilities, and especially his mine saves your ass all the time.

And nothing is better then a rez and immediately shift key into a cross map mine explosion kill : ).

13. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Got Daredevil: 76. I'll miss playing other heroes, but sacrifices must be made.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

The Soldier without fear.

15. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

So somehow played all of yesterday without realising you could hold L2 to hover instead of X with Pharah

Life just got so much easier, having to hold almost the entire right side of the controller while still directing with the left stick was horrible.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, don't be too embarrassed. Took me ages to realise i could right click to blink instead of shift.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do we have enough players to be able to do a DLP only match?

18. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Saber#1619

19. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I know DLP's PS4 community only has 11 people, so I'd assume that unless all of us have Overwatch that it's unlikely

20. Krieger

Let's do a truth season. I'll start with admitting that the last couple games on defence I have picked Bastion. I am sorry, it is cheap and easy, but while he is as powerful as he is sometimes I just can't resist.

I console myself with the fact he still is one of my least played characters but I just feel dirty.