1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

The problem with any fun online game is always going to be the sort of person who plays such.

...Which is why I'll not be caught dead in competitive play. Also, having played Planetside 2 way too much: FUCK the idea of a "competitive" shooter with clientside hit detection.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

D'aw.

[​IMG]

3. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Didn't realise competitive was Bo5, that was an interesting turnout on my first game.

Currently at 4-2, mainly going Lucio but just had a good run at King's Row with Torbjorn

4. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Finally did my placements, went 7-3 solo Q except 2 games with a mate and got placed at 57.

I'm happy considering one loss was 2 Hanzos spamming at the walls as trolls while taunting everyone in chat. Another loss was against a 6 man premade where we only just lost in the 5th round of control, my team was all solo except 2. My 3rd loss we got smashed.

On Numbani in my second last placement match I nearly had a 4th loss because we couldn't push the payload all the way. They had Reinhardt, Bastion, Torb and a decent Soldier on defense ripping apart my team of 2 Junkrats, D.Va and Bastion on offense for some reason... still not sure why. Throw in a half-decent Widow and Lucio going around on defense and we had no chance with the way my team played. So in round 2 of the same game for our defense my team went Junkrat, Torb, Bastion, Symmetra and a Mercy again for defense, a bit better then our offense team but still nothing too special, we had no tank and I wasn't going to tank for the scrubs after that offense round.

So I went Reaper.

They started bitching at me to tank for them and I was like 'lulz fuck you all after that shit offense round where you all picked what you wanted and had two Junkrats and Bastion and couldn't get Reinhardts shield down' but in reality all I did was leave team chat to ignore them all. I went 24-0 as Reaper pushing up and the offense team didn't even get the first objective. Felt good sticking it to my team of (mostly) scrubs. Our Symmetra on defense was good as she locked down that main room near point A on Numbani, and the Mercy came down and healed me every now and then at the front while our Junky Bast and Torb sat on point twiddling their thumbs only having to worry about the right side when a couple slipped by.

Here is an ordinary play as Reaper from that match but given the context behind the whole game I saved it for myself.

[gfy]RightBriskIndianspinyloach[/gfy]
    To make it better in the next game two of the enemy from the Numbani game queued in on my team and thanked me for being on their side this time after that Reaper blitz. Acknowledgement and dem feelz. We went on to win Route 66 in about 4 minutes for our offense and blocked the enemy from pushing to the first objective point.

Overall a good competitive experience, that Numbani was annoying but I just put it down to unskilled players so what can you do? By far the most annoying was having the two troll Hanzos purposely tank the game and not being able to do anything about it.

5. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Up to 6-2 - Ran into about the saddest moment I've seen yet where after we won the first 100%-0 half their team ragequit so they only had 3 people left. Which sucked for them but eh, we just took the control then camped outside their ship so they literally couldn't get out. Pretty sure I lucked into a party of 4/5 there since they were super coordinated - or just mic players.

I've had Nepal three times which is odd since I rarely get it in Quick Play, no complaints though since it's probably my best map next to Numbani or the Towers.

Thankfully I haven't had to play Anubis yet, because I suck hard on that map. No Hollywood either but I like Hollywood generally so that's actually sorta disappointing.

Seeing as I'm maining healers I'll guess high 40's low 50's. This is all solo btw

Edit: 54, not too bad, finally got a PotG as Lucio and went 8-2.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Hurgh! Can't wait!

(i kinda hope it's a troll and not really heal sniping. Would rather buffing/debuffing tbh)

7. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Its heavily hinting at the biotech being weaponized, so I imagine itll be able to both do some damage.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gremlin D.Va is only D.Va

[​IMG]

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Then you will love this

edit: lol, and I wasn't sure where I found this. Even looked through the thread and didn't find it. My bad, storm xD

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  10. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

You actually thumbed up the post where I linked that two pages back >.>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

12. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  13. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I'm glad they added heal prevention, I've been calling for that in the game for a long time though I am disappointed that she has to heal as well.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  14. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Beret Ana is best Ana (white obvs).

Her Ult on Genji though... Lol

Anyone know the CD on her sidearms sleep dart thing?

Almost more importantly though, D.Va, Mercy, McCree and Zen changes are awesome, and no hero stacking in comp.

15. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Just did my placements, 6:4, and placed 58.

...did they change the formula, or was it related to the fact that I noticed some high 50's, and even a 60+(once) on the enemy teams during the placements?

Maybe it's just doing them so late that's factoring into it.

17. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

18. andreaswf

andreaswf Squib

Way to often I end up playing the support role as no one else seems to pick it up. Same with the tank role, just at a lesser degree... It gets annoying after a while. Do you pick support when it is needed, or just pick whatever you feel like?

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

If it's QP just play what you feel like playing. If it's CP then I do whats needed to win.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Kind of amusing to me, since I usually play either Tank or Support, by preference.