1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Currently 4-3 in Placements, 2 losses in a row though the first was a 2-1 looking like a 3-1 sweep & then we had a leaver so, we lost the remaining rounds 5 vs 6 after they stomped us on point to take round 3.

Second game the enemy went quad tank and nobody on my team wanted to play Reaper (We had a 67 chatting hot shit playing McCree, couldn't headshot for jack) so I had to swap in both rounds. Still lost and the team decided to blame our Junkrat - As they played Mcree, Ana & Genji on Numbani. I don't get your choices vs 4 tanks but sure, blame the Jumkrat I guess...

It's certainly a nice feeling when you win but thus far the losses have been... Not stompy but, it feels like we're losing because of really, really amateur mistakes such as the Reaper game.

My only real gripe thus far outside the matchmaking taking a while to find a 6th body if someone leaves - is to do with the actual leaver timer. It appears literally ON TOP of the round score & timer so you can't see diddily squat about the game.

And it doesn't go away. What the everliving fuck Blizzard?

2. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

You don't get a replacement in competitive.

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

... Well, I suppose that's logical given how often we get placed into games that're over within 5 seconds of joining.

But you'd at least think it'd give you a waiver on your placements - I'm still not sure if it's like League's MMR where earlier games matter more, or if it simply bases it off of your contribution (supports aside as they, for some reason, get screwed with this system - or they did?).

If it's contribution then fair enough, I should still get, I'm hoping, high 40's. If it's W/L then I'm currently 4/4 after a close, fair game where our flanker just couldn't get to Mercy. I hate attacking Gibraltar so very much.

Edit - Went 5-5 overall after they got a godly Pharah... And my Solider & Mcree refused to look up. As a Roadhog, I can only do so much to stop everybody getting nuked from orbit.

Still, 5-5 & I get rank 54. Not even sure how.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Overwatch Rank seems to be based not only on win-loss, but also on individual performance, and streaks. The server compares your performance with the character's benchmark for that rank(or hidden MM if you have no rank yet) and grants you more tick based on that. So if you did 3k+ healing than the average lucio of R45, and also had 5+ kills, and ++ objective time, you will get more tick out of a victory. This makes it harder to rank up as a support such as Mercy who has almost zero offensive ability and is limited in her contribution. Also, if you are on winning streaks, the game seems to think that you are definitely lower rank than you should be, and compensate by granting more tick. The opposite is true, if you're on losing streak you lose more, and if your performance are poor you lose more.

Oh, and when you win 5v6 you get more tick. If you win 6v5, you get less, and vice versa.

I went 2-8, I think, and ended up with Rank 41 with no FPS experience. I've dropped to 35 and I'm now climbing back up.

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Oh ok, makes sense then - but a tad shit for the support players who can change the game just like anybody else.

Still, I've yet to play 5 of the roster - notably Bastion, Widow, Hanzo, Ana & Genji. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

The snipers because frankly I don't feel like I can twitch hard enough currently to do so very well, and everybody else likes jumping on them anyway.

Genji because quite frankly my flanking is atrocious, Tracer only has 4 minutes because of the same feeling of uselessness. Practice & all that, but again, everybody else does it so, it's difficult to want to do so whilst also help contribute to the team.

Bastion because I simply despise the character. I refuse to accept what can still be viewed as a free win, even though he's now dealt with relatively well by most folk. But again, it's personal distaste - a good Bastion is still one of the scariest things in this game.

Somehow can't see me getting the remaining 295 wins this season to get a golden weapon, nor am I sure what I'd pick even if I managed it.

6. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

7. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

That's a pretty good adaptation of a pretty funny Calvin and Hobbes strip.

Don't ask how I immediately recognized that.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Objection: Mercy is no longer the Mum, Ana is.

Mercy can be the creepy aunt.

9. Notanaimbot

Notanaimbot Squib

High Score:
    Is there a way to find the average benchmarks for this kind of stuff?

10. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Ana is the grandmom, obviously.

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Switched up from usual Lucio to have some fun with the other guys. Reaper on Volskaya is a wonderchild. Just got two 5 player Death Blossoms by swooping in from the back by flanking around from the right, felt so satisfying.

12. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Not that I know of.

13. Notanaimbot

Notanaimbot Squib

High Score:
    Anyone know of a good website that gives the stats on everything, like how much damage each attack does and stuff like that?

14. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

15. Gengar

High Score:
    She's not even a grandmother...

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

And S76 and Mercy aren't parents either, but that literally has nothing to do with the memes.

17. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Because Calvin and Hobbes is fucking awesome.

So I finally got some time to play today and god damn was quick play awful. It was like all the different teams I'd played with were using the same strategy of bashing their head against a wall. Everyone wants the play of the game so goddamn bad that they just rush in tryin to be a badass while I'm chasing their dumbass (as Mercy/Lucio) right into a slaughter-fest.

Still haven't reached lvl 25 either so no competitive play; though I probably wouldn't have touched that to begin with. I'm content to get raped in quickplay games. Wouldn't want a rank reminding me of how much I suck.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Not having it. They don't even have chemistry! You hear 76 and Ana pre-game?! She says he looks good...

Bow-chika-wow-wooooow

19. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I bought a Steelseries mousepad, and received it Monday. It made me realize that my current gaming mouse has a problem, and can't track correctly when making movement from left-to-right for some reason. Ordered the Steelseries Rival 300 yesterday and it just arrived this morning (Holy Shit amazon, that's some quick delivery), and it works perfectly. Overwatch noobs are better be ready 'cause obviously I was being held back by my device. Now armed with my new and improved aiming tool, I shall lay waste to both QP and Competitive without recrimination.

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

Hit me up if you want to group for some Quick or Comp play, I'm always happy to be in a group!

Hawkin#1608

20. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Definitely dude. It'd be nice to play with someone who actually knows what they're doing.