1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I WANT A PVE OVERWATCH GAME

2. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

So I'm playing the Retribution event as Moira, and on the harder difficulties all three of the other players get knocked out because they routinely dive straight into freshly deployed groups of soldiers, usually directly facing an Enforcer (the shotgun guys) so they get caught in the crossfire.

One of the boneheads says, "Moira, try healing."

Okay, jackass, let me explain a few facets of reality to you.

1. Moira can only do so much healing before she runs out of juice. She can refill this energy faster by draining vitality out of enemies. Moira, by design, has to be aggressive and spend a fair amount of time dealing damage, or else she cannot heal at all, no matter how much her player wants to. I've fallen prey to over-healing as Moira and try not to repeat that mistake: You over-heal, and soon you won't be healing anyone. Asking her to continuously heal when she, in fact, cannot, won't make it happen.
    2. Moira can't heal stupidity. Stop jumping directly into the barrel of the Enforcer's shotgun, while he's surrounded by a group of Troopers; that's suicide.
    3. Moira can't heal someone who has been knocked out, which is what happens about one second after you deep throat the aforementioned shotgun, while surrounded by a trooper bullet bukkake.
    4. If a Heavy Assault enemy is sitting on top of Genji, McCree, and Reaper's knocked out bodies, squishy Moira is not going to tank his withering streams of gunfire, solo, so she can revive you. It's not happening. You failed your team. Game over.
    Barring the suicidal idiots, Retribution is kind of fun. I think I like it a bit better than Uprising, since you're continuously moving and it seems to play faster.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    Moira is my favourite healer atm.

The healing kind of reminds me of my dosc priest in WoW too. Great burst heals, not sustain. Can't waste.

Doing Retribution as Hanzo is super fun too. Or the Bastion Defence Force comp, lol

4. 99redbloons

99redbloons Third Year DLP Supporter DLP Bronze Supporter

High Score:
    I agree that this year's event is better than last year's, it's just a shame that I'm terrible at both McCree and Genji so it's almost impossible to win on expert/legendary if I'm on either of those heroes. But that's what the all heroes mode is for and it's fun messing around with stupid team comps trying to escape.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    New D.Va cinematic and new map.

Really liked the video, cool to see the mech fight.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    They're adorable! Loved it!

7. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Second Year

I don't know exactly what about the short it is, but I feel it's kind of underwhelming compared to the others. It just didn't give me the same kind of awe or excitement of Dragons or the feels of Mei's or Reinhardt's. I think I'd rate it on the same scale as 76's Hero, maybe a bit better but I didn't find it all that amazing.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's not much emotionality to it. The others each have a few moments designed to wrench at you in some way. This was mostly just action. And D.Va brand Doritos.

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

It feels very childish? I dunno. Like the lines feel like they belong in a soap opera, or daytime television.