1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Path of the King by Neoalfa - M - F/Stay Night

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Probellum, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Path of the King has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 57
    Words: 440,675
    Updated: 2022-06-18 15:45:56 UTC
    Published: 2011-12-21 12:43:11 UTC
    Previously updated: less than a minute ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

2. Xion

Story Stats

3. Xion

Story Stats

4. A Lizard By

A Lizard By Any Other Name

Went ahead and read this thing in a few sittings. I pretty much loathed the whole Shiro is Batman angle, and the typos in the first ten chapters or so made my brain and my eyes bleed, but once he got himself an editor and the story started picking up, I started enjoying it quite a bit.

Unfortunately, as many have stated, this story suffers badly from a case of trying too hard to be too many things. I don't actually mind the story going in a different direction, but I think for me things started really going downhill when Shiro went to hang with the Tsukihime gang in Misaki. It felt so contrived and pointless. I still don't understand the purpose of the vampire girl even a little bit. When the author finally sends her on a train to nowhere claiming she'd served her purpose, I was scratching my head wondering exactly what that was. Another waifu for the collection, I guess.

Honestly, I felt like this story had some real potential with the blood guy in the beginning, who was probably the best antagonist this fic had to offer, but he was killed pretty much immediately and his power tossed in the bin despite being set to be a tremendous force of conflict in the coming war. After that, nothing really felt like a threat.

The romance plot was fine until Medea had a complete 180 personality shift. A person like her probably would've been scheming how best to set her lover up for success, or how best to crush his enemies or even her rivals, but instead she becomes a harmless comic relief character without an ounce of wickedness in her. It was around the time Shiro took her on a super romantic date in a limo only to fight a nameless mook in his maiden's honor I realized the story had been completely derailed. I know the author tried to pass it off as a jealousy insecurity thing, but the entire thing was clearly a poor setup for wish fulfillment smut.

When she started pushing Shiro toward other women just so the harem could happen, I wanted to pound my head against the wall. People that damaged usually don't just heal with the power of love over the course of a month or two, they get obsessive and clingy and paranoid and jealous and maybe even dangerous, and it felt like the author kinda maybe understood that in the beginning and then forgot.

Whatever tension the story had was robbed over time by excessive wish fulfillment, and what started as a relatively decent fic quickly descended into Pokewaifu, gotta catch em all. Oh well. I'll give it a 3/5 for the interesting stuff I liked before the author sold out to write a generic harem fic.

5. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 58
    Words: 446,851
    Updated: 2023-03-10 20:04:53 UTC
    Previously updated: 9 months ago

6. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 59
    Words: 451,216
    Updated: 2024-02-04 05:44:58 UTC
    Previously updated: 11 months ago