1. Fanfic Competition -- Topic -- HOGWARTS DAYS

    Word count? 500-17500 words!

    Due date? October 2nd! CLICK HERE! write now!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

    Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

    New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

    READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder PbP- Way of the Wicked- Knot of Thorns

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Vesvius, Mar 12, 2014.

  1. Vir

    Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    May 21, 2006
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    Canada
    High Score:
    1,907
    I'm a prisoner so I keep my mouth shut and avoid eye contact.
     
  2. Brukel

    Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2012
    Messages:
    359
    Location:
    New Zealand
    "Aye, sir, but they were mighty restless just prior to the ogre escaping."
     
  3. Vesvius

    Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Messages:
    567
    Hadzan and Kevdak
    Jaffers nods, mulling over your words.

    BLUFF: SUCCESS

    "Good idea, soldier." He says with a thick drawl. "You two head over and check out the east side. You," He gestures at the regular guard. "You're with me."

    He slouches off, leaving the two of you behind and unsupervised.
    The rest of you:

    Blackerly looks at Roland. "Any idea what they were up to?"
     
  4. Brukel

    Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2012
    Messages:
    359
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Mutterings and such, screaming and more carry on. Loons the lot of them, if you don't mind me sayin sir. Think they were just tryin ta scare us a bit. The demon claimed that there were dozens of its kind running round too. Just the usual trash prisoners say to try to save themselves from the noose.
     
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  5. Typhon

    Typhon Order Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Messages:
    803
    ChaosGuy
    As Jaffers and the other guard leave, Hadzan and Kevdak circle away from them, pretending to check the grounds.

    Quietly, Common
    "Okay Kevdak; it's just us now. I'd send a message to those in the barracks, but I'm not sure that we're in range of the spell. Further, they would have no way to respond. What should we do? I'm tempted to say that we could ambush the other guards and blame it on prisoners, then kill Blackerly and flee in the confusion, but I'm not sure that there is not a wiser plan. I can set the kennel ablaze for a distraction as well as a way to keep us from being tracked, but we need to have a plan in mind before I attempt that. Do you have any ideas?"
     
  6. ChaosGuy

    ChaosGuy Unspeakable

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Messages:
    763
    Typhon

    Replying in Common at a barely audible level
    "Honestly? Not a big planner. However, those dogs are going to have to go at some point, as well as anyone or anything else that could lead them to us let alone things that can track us. So I guess we might want to kill Blackerly if an opportunity shows itself however we shouldn't pick a fight that we don't need to. He didn't make his position without some kind of skill. Could be political I guess but err on the side of caution and all that."
     
  7. Typhon

    Typhon Order Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Messages:
    803
    ChaosGuy
    Quietly, Common
    "Hmm... Very well. If we were to fight those guards, do you think you can handle incapacitating them? I can add some damage by way of acid, but otherwise I'm worthless in battle.

    Off the cuff, the best plan I can see is to kill them, light the kennels on fire with the lackey's body inside, and carry Jaffers back to the guard house. Then I'll message the others to be ready, we can rush up the stairs to tell Blackerly and the others that Jaffers is hurt bad downstairs, and when Blackerly and the others are off balance and trying to check on him, we'll fall on them. With all of us, it should be a winnable battle. Then we flee before anybody can go piece things together, and well before that damn wizard can catch up.

    How's that sound?"

    Perception 15 to see if there are any guards outside with us besides Jaffers and the lackey
     
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  8. Vir

    Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    May 21, 2006
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    Canada
    High Score:
    1,907
    How many guards are with the prisoners? (I mean NPC ones)
     
  9. Vesvius

    Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Messages:
    567
    Hadzan and Kevdak
    Hadzan takes a look around and and spots two guards moving on their patrols on top of the walls. They're far away, closer to the keep then the gatehouse, but would most likely notice any commotion

    There's two regular guards and Blackerly in the room with you. The two guards are helping those of you in disguise to surround the prisoners.

    Blackerly scoffs. "Doubtless that's the case. Dozens of demons coming. Phaw!"

    He stills for a second. "What about the shewitch and the hobgoblin? Were they doing anything in particular?"
     
  10. Lexicat

    Lexicat Second Year

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    Messages:
    79
    "The she-witch was actually the most well behaved of the lot. The others needed several beatings to shut up, but she was always quiet. She seemed resigned to her fate.

    The hobgoblin kept running his mouth, but didn't try any violent actions like some of the others."
     
  11. Vesvius

    Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Messages:
    567
    Blackerly looks at the rest of the 'guards'.

    "How about you, men? Notice anything about the Gobo or the whore?"

    Hadzan & Kevdak
    What will you two do?
     
  12. Brukel

    Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2012
    Messages:
    359
    Location:
    New Zealand
    "Gobo didn't say anything much, snarled at the gnome a few times and talked himself up, but nothing worth mentioning. Witch started screaming an awful hell of a lot when that ogre started coming through though. Pissed it right off, in the end we figured it was worth greeting these ones here out and leaving while it was occupied with the bitch and the others, figured they looked too scrawny to be able to do much to it. Probably been eaten now, they're man eaters or something aren't they sir? Be least they deserve anyway if you ask me."
     
  13. Typhon

    Typhon Order Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Messages:
    803
    Will make a proper post in less than 24 hours. Sorry for the delay!
     
  14. ChaosGuy

    ChaosGuy Unspeakable

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Messages:
    763
    Typhon
    In a quiet voice so as not to be overheard by guards, dogs, or nosy neighbors.
    "Sounds good to me. Especially the dodging the wizard part, not too excited about fighting one of those as we are right now."
     
  15. Typhon

    Typhon Order Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Messages:
    803
    ChaosGuy, Ves
    Common, Quietly
    "Okay, here's the plan: those guards on the wall are going to ensure that we can't stealthily kill the guards patrolling with us, so we'll just try the next best thing. I'm going to set the kennels ablaze with magic, placing the flames nearest the entrance so hopefully the dog or dogs can't get out. Then we're going to wander away while it's catching up, then point it out when we get pretty far away and near the watch house. We can then yell at them to handle it while we run for reinforcements from Blackerly and head up the stairs. I'll message Ruby on the way up, she can work her voodoo on Blackerly, and we can hightail it out of here in the chaos. Let's do this."

    Plan delivered, Hadzan began the manuever, waiting till Jaffers and his partner were on the opposite side of the kennels to swing nearby and carefully, quietly cast Spark on the flammable material nearest the doorway. As it began to burn he wandered away with Kevdak at his side. Once he was at a safe distance, he began to shout to Jaffers, "Jaffers! Jaffers, one of those Mitra-forsaken bastards must have gotten past us, they've set the kennels on fire! Save the beasts, we'll go get reinforcements from Blackerly! This ends now!"
    Influence 24
     
  16. Vesvius

    Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Messages:
    567
    Hadzan & Kevdak
    Sense Motive vs. 24: 19. FAIL

    Jaffers lets out a loud curse at the top of his lungs. "GO! GO!" He screams. "I'll get the dogs, you get the rest! Start a bucket brigade!"

    The other soldier sprints towards a nearby fountain, looking for buckets as he goes, leaving the way open for the two of you to duck back into the gatehouse.

    The rest of you, roll perception.


    Sorry about the lack of things from my side. I've been busy as hell lately, so not much time for this. But that should be changing soon.
     
  17. Brukel

    Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2012
    Messages:
    359
    Location:
    New Zealand
  18. Typhon

    Typhon Order Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Messages:
    803
    Hey, it's totally okay. I have finals starting a week from tomorrow, so I'll be in and out for a bit too, but I'll be free after that. Also, nat 1? You're not seeing shit! :p

    ChaosGuy, Ves
    Quietly, Common
    "That's our cue, Kevdak."

    Loudly, Common
    "We'll have the men mobilized in just a moment to start the bucket brigade! Save the dogs!"

    With that, Hadzan motions to Kevdak and they duck inside the guard house without waiting on Jaffers's response, headed back in the direction that the Blackerly indicated that the rest of the group was going to be debriefed at. They begin to slowly make their way to and up the stairs, with Hadzan pausing to cast two message spells as quickly and quietly as possible as soon as he feels he's in range.

    Lexi, Ves
    Message, Common
    "Ruby, this is Hadzan. We've created a distraction, and hopefully taken the dogs out of play as well. We're coming up the stairs under guise of bringing you outside for reinforcements; strike whenever he's the weakest, put him to sleep as you as you did the lieutenant, something. We gotta go now."

    Vir, Ves
    Message, Common
    "Marcellus, this is Hadzan. We've created a distraction, and hopefully taken the dogs out of play as well. We're coming up the stairs under guise of bringing you outside for reinforcements; I've notified Ruby as well, but we may well need you both to get us out. We need to strike at their weakest, most distracted moment and make a break for it now; this is our best shot."
     
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  19. Dellez

    Dellez Seventh Year

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2011
    Messages:
    276
    10+5 = 15.
    It's all cool.
     
  20. Lexicat

    Lexicat Second Year

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    Messages:
    79
    Ruby taps her foot a little bit, thinking.

    How many people are in the room VES?
     
Loading...