1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PatronusCharm.Net Opens for Beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I love the whole "Last Bastion..." thing. Great look as well, and the addition of the slash filter is nice. I hope this becomes a good alternative to ff.n because the few others I belong to suck. Also if you're in the market for assistants/mods let me know if I can help. I really would like to see this succeed. Also if DLP guys start posting some of what they type on here you might want a graphic/PWP section just in case the filter doesnt work, and maybe put a password on it or something; just a thought.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

You can choose to opt out of NC-17 content and you will be blocked from viewing it if you so choose.

3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

The site looks great, and I'm already working my way through the stories. Thanks for all your hard work.

4. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

"PC coming this summer. Really."

See, you didn't lie with this statement. It's summer in the southern hemisphere. :p

*Waits for DLP skin to be developed*

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Flippin Sweet, Raven. Ahhh to have been there for the launch. Such a joyous occasion, even if I was ignoring IRC to write and doing very little of it.

Awesome Win, Raven.

6. Dwitty

Dwitty Seventh Year DLP Supporter

You said to let you know if we spotted any errors.

I was browsing about and I clicked on Linky's name history and got this

Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in /home/patronus/public_html/include/templates/compiled/%%FF^FF1^FF17EB69%%user.tpl.php on line 41

Oh, also, awesome work Raven. I like your author bio as well. XD

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've found two bugs, one small and one more annoying. The smaller one is simple: when you log in on two different browsers, your name is listed in the "Who's Online" box twice.

The larger one is much harder to explain. Basically, when I am trying to upload a new chapter for Return (chapter 4) it is only uploading the first 1077 words of the word document (I've tried several times, and it's always 1077). The document as a whole is around 5000 words. Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 5 all loaded perfectly.

I tried using the edit function to copy and paste the rest of the chapter in, but after pressing "Commit Changes" the document reverts to the 1077 version.

I also tried uploading one of the chapters that did load successfully (and it uploaded perfectly again the second time) and then used the edit function to copy and paste the chapter 4 text in place of the chapter 5 text, but as soon as the changes were committed the document became empty: listed as 0 words. I checked using the view button and there was nothing there, so it really was 0 words and not just a glitch of the word count.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  8. Xipheon

Xipheon First Year

I just needed to say how awesome this is.

It wins, utterly and completely!

9. Omagic

Omagic Fifth Year

I wanted to wait till today to post any bugs I found. I posted Ch 1 of Dark Respite last night from my MacBook using Safari and Word 2003 for Mac and it seemed to upload fine. Some formatting had been lost (as is always the case on all the sites I've uploaded to) so I used the editor to fix whatever hadn't carried over in the upload.

The first chunk of text in my chapter is italized, and the italic format was not carried over through the upload. I used the document editor to fix this, but after I hit commit changes the text I changed was all of sudden gone.

I uploaded chapter 2 this morning from my PC at work. The upload was from IE 6 and Word 2003 and again the italicized text at the beginning of the chapter didn't carry over the formatting. However when I used the document editor this time the change was made and the text was retained after committing them.

I know that dealing with quirks from Macs interfacing with the site are such a big headache for such a small population, still I thought I should point it out.

Other suggestions...I think the "latest posts" look could be improved to look more similar to the DLP forum. Like a snapshot if possible.

Secondly when are we going to see a direct link for Patronus charm on the DLP homepage? I assume since the forum link on PC is to here than the two sites are being tied together?

And finally, please don't take any of my thoughts as criticism. Like I said before I think the site is fucking awesome! Truly an amazing job. But because it's so good I want to offer whatever contributions/ideas I can (even if they're never used).

Thanks,

Omagic

10. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Not sure if this is meant to be there or not, but at the top of every page when I click a link this warning message is there...

11. Lord Ravenclaw

His account is old enough that it doesn't have a name history. I'll generate one later.

12. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The site is good. It loads faster than FF.Net ever does, and looks far better without the occasional bothersome ad.

I recall someone voiced this question already, but I must know.

Will the RSS Feeds simply allow the reader to know when something was updated? Or will it be possible to retrieve entire chapters via RSS?

Because when I had RSS activated on DLP, the entire WBA Chapters were displayed on my sidebar, and that was pretty cool.

It would be nice if PC had such a feature.

Also, PC has a latest post feature directly linking it to DLP, will DLP also have a latest stories feature embedded somewhere on the site?

The site is very good, nice work there.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hahaha. Finally, finally, PC is running. FINALLY.

I uploaded my stories. Enjoy.

14. Lord Ravenclaw

No, you can't see the entire chapter via the Atom feed, but I'll have it provide the first 4000 or so characters. Right now it's at about 500.

Yes. If people want it, I can make a forum for PatronusCharm updates where the forum will post a new thread at every update. Or I can find a mod for different types of Atom viewing.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I just read Amerision's latest chapter to Equal and Opposite on the site.

It's great.

16. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Just figured out what the bookmark option at the bottom did, and I must say that the option is ingenious. Haven't found any bugs so far.

17. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Great work on the site. I was wondering if DLP would be getting a direct link to PC.Net up here?
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Doesn't matter if it happens, but it would be a nice touch. But there is no need to do it if it will fuck up the forum code.

18. Lord Ravenclaw

It's quite easy to add one, but the proper location is the crux of the matter.

19. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Nice work on the site.

I do have one n00b question though: Why the elk silhouette for the image? (Always thought male elk were bulls, not stags). Just curious....

20. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The site is called Patronus Charm.

Harry's Patronus Charm is a stag.

The image looks like a stag.

Q.E.D.