1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[PC/PS4] No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Every bump procedural!

With a bit of digging, you can see about 25min of gameplay of a guy on his starter planet. I'm staying strong for the moment, because I want the surprise of it, but I hear it's pretty badass.

10 days now until release, and I'm super-hyped, to the point I don't even feel like playing any games I own right now.

2. atlas_hugged

atlas_hugged Fourth Year

High Score:
    Starbound is a nice substitute, and only 15 bucks. It captures a lot of the exploration feels that I think No Man's Sky will.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm on full blackout. Can't wait! So close!

4. realobt

realobt Squib

High Score:
    The hype for this game is unreal. I really, really hope when I get it that it lives up to the hype, but I can't stop that niggling sense of doubt. But if it does, this game could be pretty revolutionary in my opinion.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Oh jesus.

No game can live up to this ridiculous hype. Go read up on it, the gameplay loop isn't a secret.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    If you couldn't help yourself and peeked at some of the first impressions like me, Sean Murray released the day 1 patch notes for NMS.

Warning. There are very light spoilers!

Shocked to learn you can feed animals for different benefits, such as becoming your pets, mining for you and even protecting you.

It didn't make it in this patch, but in the next one they're adding the ability to build 'huge freighters' and even bases(!) planetside - potentially the best reason for finding beautiful planets!

Added 'brake shifting' (180 turn maybe?) and critical hits in space combat, as well as bounty missions and increased pirate frequency / difficulty depending on your cargo.

And possibly one of the most surprising additions, the ability to scan systems scanned by other players to 'increase collision'... Whaaaaaa?!

7. TSN

TSN Auror

Hugplx

You playing it on PS$ or PC?

8. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Picking up from Gamestop tomorrow but I probably won't get to dive in fully until Wednesday. I'm super excited about the prospect of letting a video game control my life, however.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    ps4. I have an insane rig, but I'm getting PSVR, not the PC variants. Futureproofing :p

TSN
  10. fitzchivalry

fitzchivalry Squib

High Score:
    ahhhh so excited! i've been trying to stay away from all the hype, really hoping it ends up as good as it looks!

11. TSN

TSN Auror

less than 45 min guys. ^.^

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Man, I just played from midnight (release) until 4am (on quest to create multiple warp cells)...

I got work in 3 hours...

Fuck

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Took an embarrassing amount of time to realise triangle is how to switch between weapon modes...

Anyone try grenades? I've only used to bolt caster, but it's a bit 'meh'. Grenades sound way more fun, but how are their damage?

... I need something to properly fuck off little spiders while farming...

14. Rah

Rah Death Eater

15. Gengar

High Score:
    So, a heads up for the Atlas path. It's not spoilery, but I'll tag for those super sensitive.

Try main line it, and try to keep 10 Atlas Stones on you. It may be difficult given inventory in this game, but the option I couldn't choose at the 'end' of that path sounds incredible and I'm sad I couldn't see it.

My ship, which I'm super proud of. I've encountered more with more slots which I could have bought, but I've only seen this model once - can't say the same for others.

[​IMG]

Also, the first creature I bothered naming, I present to you, from NMS' Menagerie of Wonder: Unnecessary Legs!

[​IMG]

16. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, two things:

1 - Why is the release time so weird on PC? It comes out at 1800 BST, which appears to be afternoon in the US. And without a pre-release download, that seems really odd.

2 - Apparently, you shouldn't cash in your pre-order bonus ship early game.
    If you don't cash it in, you get the recipe for crafting a hyperdrive (or whatever) during a 'tutorial' quest. If you do cash in the pre-order, then you don't need the recipe, so the game doesn't give it to you. There is a fix for this, but it involves buying another ship. Which you might not want to do straight away.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Both ships are trash anyway, don't become attached.

18. Dye

Dye Second Year DLP Supporter

Just bought and downloaded No Mans Sky for PC, and I'm already experiencing a problem. The game shows up in my steam library, I click the play button and a box appears saying that the game is launching. After that, there's nothing. On my profile it shows that I'm in game for about 20 seconds, then it changes and says I'm not in game.

Not really sure what's happening so I'll update all my drivers and restart my PC. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

19. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Update from Murray

This game is incredible. Best moments so far were the first warp, the planet with sentinels that come after you non-stop and the penis-shaped monster that followed me around on my first planet.

It has flaws, but the obscene amount of enjoyment you get makes you totally ignore them. I whole-heartedly rec this game to anyone with a PC or PS4.

20. KGB

KGB Headmaster

How does this compare to Elite in the space trucking sense?