1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Peace Talks - Dresden Files [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Would make a certain amount of sense if Harry needs a victory in battle. That was stuck in Hades' vault though, right?

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Could be, yeah. That said, the cover also has him wearing a hat, which we know will never happen, so I'd try to not read too much into it.

It was, but Dresden pulled it out, remember? He stuffed it up his sleeve along with the other relics of Christ (aside from the Holy Grail) before calling Nicodemus over and ended up walking out with it after everything went down.

4. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

An item with a thaumaturgic link to God is kind of a big deal. It’s presumably the sort of weapon you’d use to kill a God, or a Titan.

5. Seratin

High Score:
    I'm beyond ready for PT at this stage.

6. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Yeah I just finished a series reread (Lash arc still OP, pleased to report) and I'm feeling the hype too. The six year break did do some damage, and Skin Game wasn't the best place to leave off of, but shit, we're getting Turn Coat 2.0 with White Council and White Court shenanigans in July, followed three months later by what's been talked about so far as a Changes-esque shakeup book, so no complaints here. Battle Ground especially feels like a test run for the Apocalyptic Trilogy (crazy big threat, Chicago gone to hell, all forces teamed up), so if it goes down smooth it might make the wait for more a little easier (and I doubt it'll be another gap like this, knock on wood). Hoping the fanfic bug starts biting too; The Dresden/Molly Agenda (TM) from years ago never strays far from the mind...

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Im going through the Dresden Files again in Audiobook, and really enjoying it. Currently at book 8, proven guilty. I started at book 5 though. I remember the early books well enough.

I should be done in Time for Peace Talks and Battle Ground.

I have high hopes that coming through his struggles in life has given him the perspective to keep the character development up. I do think DF has some of the best character development out there.

8. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

I’m a little late but just found out we are getting 2 books of Dresden Files this year after I looked to see the release date again of Peace Talks and I’m super stoked! I was not expecting that whatsoever!

9. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Yeah he basically split one huge book in two. Going to be interesting to see how his tone has changed

10. Barzûl

Barzûl Seventh Year DLP Supporter

So I just read the Dresden Files books (Side Jobs excluded) over the last two weeks for the first time and what a ride it was.
    I haven't felt so gripped by a book series since the Bartimaeus Sequence.
    Harry's foolhardiness and tomfoolery really struck a chord in me, and especially "Proven Guilty" really tugged at the heart strings. I had tears in my eyes more than once when shit went down and Harry's circumstances got worse.
    I feel like Ghost Story was underwhelming and I would probably mark it as my least favourite. Skin Game was a pleasant upswing, and I am really looking forward to the new books.

Does anyone know if the new books will be released as E-books anytime soon? I usually don't follow book releases.

Goddamnit, Butcher. I know that fairies are beautiful, but I don't need you to go "they're beautiful, but not normally beautiful, they're like really beautiful, guys" every time Mab enters the room.
    The amount of erect nipples mentioned in the series could make Jennifer Aniston jealous.

11. Seratin

High Score:
    Next book is out next month. The following book releases in September.

You picked a good time to read the series. We had a four year drought and now we're getting two books in three months.

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At this point in time I don't think any book series really has a distinction between e-book and paper book? I can't recall the last time there was a delay, I thought it was just automatic.

13. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Six years and because of that I'm unsure how much I want to get excited about this series again without being sure it's not going to happen again.

14. Barzûl

Barzûl Seventh Year DLP Supporter

That's great news.
    I looked at the wiki page and there was a year delay between hardback and paperback. I was uncertain if the same applied to hardback and e-book.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It was for that very reason I started! I have read a few fics like Awaken Sleeper, so it was about time that I read the OG series.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Ha I just started a reread yesterday. I don’t expect to finish before Peace Talks, but I mostly need to refresh myself with the first 6 books.

16. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

17. Erotic Adventures of S

That’s been out for awhile. Eb is a great grandad soon.

18. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...Maggie?

19. Erotic Adventures of S

Don’t bring your factual points into this...

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Maybe it’s because I’ve already read this chapter a few times over the last year or two, but it seems like a... like a start to a book that isn’t part of an action/adventure/detective series.

Take the same scene and just tell it differently, with a focus on the running/WinterKnight/Vampire angle first and then bring in the angst and it would feel more like Dresden to me.

But maybe that’s the point.