1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Pesticide by Ina meishou NC-17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by The Dark Monarch, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Mr Strike

Mr Strike Epic Awesomeness DLP Supporter

It always feels good to read a smut scene directly based off one of my favourite pieces of fanart.

Characterisation wasn't terrible, though it wasn't particularly great.

'Mistress Luna' was fucking bizarre to read.

Aside from a few pet hates, this was a nice waste of time.

3/5

2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It was pretty typical. A story I've read a dozen times now. Luna is "crazy" so she obviously enjoys binding up girls and sexxing them, her behavior stemming from the presence of some imaginary creature.

For a moment, I thought this author had plagiarized another story, the writing was so similar to this other smut Luna fic I'd read a few months ago...

Plot? I don't see any. I doubt there'll be anymore of this, and I'm afraid I won't be sad if there isn't anymore. Luna has amazing potential as a character and as a plot device, but authors tend to misuse her. What fun they could have...

Lame, barely held my attention 2/5

3. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

“Everyone’s acting like I’ll kill them! Every time I talk to them it’s like they’re trying to get away as fast as possible!”
    He flicked his wand and sent an already broken chair flying into a wall.

I lol'ed at that.

As for "trouser snake." It IS used by Luna. Totally appropriate.

"He’d never seen anything half as erotic in his life." Not so good. =/

Characters: Harry,Luna,Snape
    Sounds like horrible threesome. Otherwise very good. I hope Cho and Su Li get more involved and Snape is an accident.

4. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

... You're kidding, right? Maybe it came from Lascaux Cave, it's been around almost as long.

Meh. It's humorous, when humor is called for. It's also more tolerable to read than, say... well, pretty much any euphemism involving meat/beef/pork, etc.

For Fuck's Sake!

Why are people always looking to recent works (yes where the term trouser snake is concerned, Python is recent) for the origin of phrases that have been around forever.

I dig that song as much as the next person, have for years, but people have been making silly euphemisms for cock since the dawn of time. Trouser snake is one of those euphemisms.

It didn't come from python.
    It didn't come from another piece of fanfiction.

If the author was, indeed, inspired to use the term by Monty Python or another work of fanfiction, fine, but that doesn't mean it was invented by either source.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you spent much time living under a rock?

Pardon? I think I missed something somewhere.

5. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

My God this sexy Luna.

Moar Harry/Luna smut please.

5/5

6. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

I'm sorry warlocke, I obviously live under a rock, the first time I heard the trouser snake expression was in the Meaning of Life and it is in fact probably the place where the majority of people will hear it.

I know perfectly well that "trouser snake" was not invented by Monty Python but arguably they have made the most famous use of it and I use it because I heard it from Python and therefore for my own purposes it originates with them.

People reference what they know, I probably don't know anyone who uses the term trouser snake without unconsciously sourcing it from Meaning of Life except perhaps my parents generation but then I have never heard anyone from that generation use the term except when talking about Monty Python.

7. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

"Trouser snake"...

That´s so easily thought up that i would be surprised if the author knows were he got it from. You don´t need to hear that anywhere, you can easily come up with it yourself.