1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Please be courteous to staff and post NEW threads for NEW Issues, instead of posting them in threads that are not related to said issue.

Photoshop: Bloody Text

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by CGB, Feb 24, 2007.

1. CGB

CGB Auror

Since English isn't my native tongue and I use a German version of Photoshop, there may be some errors in my descriptions. I hope this Tutorial is still of use for you.

Step one:
    Create a new file. It should be as big as the text you want to write. Remember, you can resize the picture later with Image => Image size. The background color doesn’t really matter, mine was black.
    [​IMG]

Step two:
    Now you write the text you want. Use white as text color.
    [​IMG]

Step three:
    Go to Layer => Rasterize

Step four:
    Now you can change your text color, etc. with Layer => Layer Blending Options. You can do whatever you want, my picture looked like this:
    [​IMG]

Step five:
    The next step is rotating the picture: Image => Rotate Canvas => 90° CW
    [​IMG]

Step six:
    Now go on Filter => Stylize => Wind. Don’t change the settings. The Method (?) should be “Wind” and coming from the “Right”.

Step seven:
    Now, you just need to rotate your picture back and it’s finished. You can use it with or without background.
    [​IMG]