1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Johndoe022, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

Well I got into the game and it seems no matter what I do I can not get the game to play at a higher resolution....:-( it totally burnt out my day. Going to see if beta forums has anything on it.

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Which faction are we joining?

3. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

I was trying to set up a vanu outfit but thats kind of fallen by the wayside.

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I chose Vanu. I got in game. Moved around a little. But I have no idea what the fuck I am doing.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Vanu on East 1. I can't even get into the game. Got the settings, higher rez just fine, but when I click play, I get an error and can't log in. dropped all firewalls, anti virus, peerblock, nada.

6. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

My username is TykeDow for anyone who wants to add me in-game.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

All the servers are showing up as locked. Can anyone else get in?

---------- Post automerged at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Turns out beta time was over. >_> Fucking timezones.

Anyways, I believe servers go back up in roughly an hour. Get ready for war.

BTW, added you JohnDoe, my SOE ID is: castielr.

8. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just a reminder, the beta is under an NDA. Which is why I haven't posted anything.

10. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Yep, NDA go lifted. Which server do you guys play on? What timings?

12. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

West coast 01 and 02. I'm on whenever I get over my ragequit of the previous day/hour. Seriously, with the fps issue thing I went 5 hours without killing a single person. The only time I killed someone was at the end when I got a lucky shot in at a damaged galaxy from my lightening. So, yeah hoping they fix the optimizing soon.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am not having much FPS issues after I upgraded to the recent nVidia BETA drivers. At lowest settings I get 60 fps non-battle and 40+ in battle. In max settings I get 40 fps non-battle and 25-30 in battle.

I only really have fun if I am in a good squad. Without teamwork you don't really achieve much in this game. And it has been really hard to find a good squad recently. My main character is on the East 1 I believe. And another one in one of the EU servers.

14. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Srsly. Vanu needs a crap ton of help on US West 02. 17% pop... 24% TR, 59% nc

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  15. Midknight

Playing on East Coast 3, but have character on West coat 2 as well. EC3 is M1dknight. WC is Midkn1ght. So far I'm just not feeling it. I'm still learning the game, but I can't stand how the hud icons for me are damned near unusuable, I can't seem to figure out why sometimes the base never wants to cap no matter what we do,e tc. I've run into a lot of strange issues, that honestly are probably me just needing to read the forum help sections, lol.

Having major lag issues, even with the graphics turned down low, so it's got to be stuttering. Did notice it more after I updated drivers. I think it'll grow on me more as I get certs and get a good squad. Right now I swear all the classes just feel too squishy. Especially the Max.

16. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I hate to be that guy but... beta is beta.

Still, I have to agree with you. My PC isn't bad at all, and even on minimum settings the game runs like shit.

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Who's playing?

Briggs Terran, Mother fuckers.

18. Midknight

19. Midknight

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Anyone else feel like it just takes forever to get the free marks? Commendations I think they are? You can take part in a base siege that lasts an hour if not more, finally win and get maybe 6 for your trouble.

Six. A great big fat six. Bearing in mind practically everything is priced at 1k, you're gonna be there for a while. Kinda sucks as I was looking to enjoy Christmas break playing and trying out something different from the Beta, to no avail... Still gonna play (Miller EU - TR) but it's pretty dull getting mown down by aircraft when you're outside/being spawn camped by air, tanks hitting ridiculous shots and generally fighting people already stronger than you. - I wouldn't mind spending maybe a little on the game but frankly even the SC price seems like a rip-off, but maybe that's just me.

Shame my Laptop can't run it, flying seems difficult as hell too. Couple of times I've tried I've been shot down before I figure anything out. Still, I guess it's fun when you get into a zergfest but outside that it's pretty much respawn, get blown up/shot by something you can't see and repeat. I'll be damned if I ever kill someone 300+ metres away using an Asssault Rifle like seems to happen to me half the time I'm running around.