1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Johndoe022, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Certifications. I can usually get about 30 an hour on my server, so long as there's not us vs the zerg. As for the 1K pricing. I said fuck it and just buy my weapons. Most of the starting Vanu stuff is as good as the unlocks, just slight differences like recoil, clip size, and unlockable modifications. My cert/exp intake jumped massively with a simple scope change and soft point ammo.

When you get camped like that, just move elsewhere. There's little you can do about it, except to come back with your own air and tank columns, but no one ever does it. As for the long range shots, it's possible, I do them all the time. Crouch, single shot, aim for the head, 5x scope, hold your breath zoomed in.

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I think I just get unlucky when someone bursts me from across a base or something, can see their tiny figure on a rooftop way over there and the next thing I know I'm on the ground staring at an AR kill.

I think you're right with just buying weps Mid, I mostly main Medic though and I haven't read too much into the 'math' of which gun's best for Combat Medics currently, but weapon would defiantly be my first upgrade. After that, not sure whether I'd go fully down the shield tree for my suit or what.

Also, stupid question but, is there a limit to the number of attachments you can have on your weapon? I'm guessing it's limited to one like most games as I've only ever seen people with scopes or the laser sight and so on.

Edit; Oh, and I've heard Friday's triple station cash? But someone I know said it only applies to the cards you can buy in stores in America. Anyone know if that's true or not? I'm drawing a blank when trying to look it up, though I've not looked over on r/PS2 yet, or whatever the PS2 reddit is.

3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

Just started playing a few days ago. Hell of a learning curve on this game. DLP definitely needs its own outfit on a single server. We're a bunch of smart people, we'd kick some ass.
    StrikerDelta9, friend me

4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Currently downloading this now.. any tips for a beginner?

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I gave it a run. Not a huge fan, had to tab out and tab up some tutorials just to figure out what I was meant to do, and I seem to get facestomped by Rank 33+ people left and right.

6. Midknight

Medic first, cert up revive gun, get 15$ station cash card from Gamestop, gets you free medic rifle. Use Station cash for Scythe unlocks, profit.

Play it group style. I get killed equally by all ranks, skill over rank. Once youg et used to the play style of the game, rank doesnt matter.

7. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Downloading this now, because "FREE" is only slightly over my budget for this month.

What server/faction/etc are you guys playing on, if this DLP rapebrigade has become a thing?

8. azrael

azrael Professor

Downloaded, tried to play, found to my displeasure that it won't even start because my vid card isn't quite good enough...damn.

9. Midknight

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

TR will crush the Vanu scum and the NC scourge!

11. Zyloch

Zyloch Fourth Year

I'd love to play with a group, since I've mainly been soloing.

A few tips from what I've found while playing, mainly Vanu infantry:

If you want certifications, do a stint as engineer. Participate in a siege and then repair the turrets afterward. Or repair generators and maxes, or drop a bunch of ammo in a crowd. I've also heard that being a gunner for air is really good, but I've never tried.

If you want to survive as infantry, know what to avoid. Avoid tanks. Don't engage a tank even as a heavy unless you know there's backup. Avoid maxes unless there is backup. Keep running as much as possible, because it's actually really hard to kill someone from far away who is moving.

Also, keep hitting Q to "spot" enemies. That will often get you support, and you can sometimes get a spot XP bonus.

If you get base camped by tanks and aircraft, just leave. If you get base camped in a good location by infantry, it is sometimes useful to reverse camp for awhile. You could make a turret, or if people are in your way, spawn as infiltrator and snipe people who try to get through the shields.

Oh, and if you want to snipe, be forewarned that it's pretty hard (at least for me) most of the time. If you are Vanu, you will want to unlock the X98 at least before even trying.

In addition, use grenades. Grenades are really, really powerful. Rushing up the hill to take the Crown? Get to a good location, toss a grenade, and go around if you can.

Finally, what should you unlock? Well, I don't know for sure. But definitely unlock the nano weave armor. It gives you 10% health for 1 cert.

12. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

If you are playing Vanu then pick up a scythe and start going nuts in air battles. As long as you don't fuck up royally and crash like a standard TR pilot you will probably end up with quite a few Cert points to enjoy.

Q is good advice, even better advice is to join an outfit. It's been said a hundred times that if you are playing solo you are not going to get in as many fights or progress anywhere near as quickly as you would in a group. Outfits are great for getting you into those big battles.