1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3 discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Dark Monarch, Nov 15, 2006.

?

What is better in your opinion?

1. Playstation 3

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Nintendo Wii

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. XBOX 360

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I'm suprised that no one has made this thread yet or if they have then have a mod please delete this for me.

Anyway, I was just wondering what people's thoughts on the PS3 were or wich console is better and why. Please make sure to back your argument with some reason.

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3

2. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Well the processor power of the ps3 is suppose to revolutionize the technology industry. Also the half grand price tag is a big sore point for a lot of gamers.

3. The Dark Monarch

I think its almost rightly justified because it connects wirelessly to the net and you can search just like a normal computer. Plus I like the 60 gig hard drive.

Also, I'm glad they got rid of the dumb looking boomerrang controller, I just know that would have been annoying to play on.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Heh, you think $500 is bad, someoen pre-ordered one, and sold it on eBay for One million dollars.

Cha-fucking-ching.

5. The Dark Monarch

You mean to tell me that some idiot went and bought a PS3 for $1,000,000?
    Haha, why would anyone want to waste one million dollars when they could wait until the release date?

6. Xenon

Xenon Professor

Why you ask? Giant Enemy Crabs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Collector's item, in a few years it'd be worth even more.

8. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

More than a Million? I doubt it but then I know nothing about this sort of thing. Who would pay that much for a PS3 even if it was one of the first.

9. The Dark Monarch

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

PS3 is backwards compatible....That kills the compition. I dont think that Xbox360 and I know Wii are not backwards compatible. This means you can play PS3,PS2,and PS games on PS3. As for why someone would pay a million....They have money to burn. As off right now the PS3 players can use the servers for free unlike XBox(donno how long that will last though).

11. The Dark Monarch

Well some rpg games may have a small fee to pay thanks to the companies that made it, but the ps3 network is still free.

12. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

How is the Wii not backwards compatible. Te PS3 is going ot have problems with certain titles for the forseable future and the Wii can imedatly play all gamecube games. Not to mention the virtual consual eventaully giving up every hit from the original nintindo all te way through the N64. All of them are internet capable but the PS3 is attempting to replace your home computer and your DVD player as well, for what extra special graphics? Maybe I'll take a second look at the PS3 when FFXIII comes out in a year or so but untill then the Wii is just going to be more fun.

13. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I shalln't be buying until the price goes down. There isn't now way I'm spending over £500 on a console. Perhaps when the price goes down after it's been out for a while, but not before then.

14. The Dark Monarch

quote/the PS3 is attempting to replace your home computer and your DVD player as wellquote/

It works out well for me because the only reason I have a computer is for the internet ability.

Check this Out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company

I like the 24 multiplayer feature.

15. Darkmakr

Darkmakr Seventh Year

I'm going with the Wii. Nintendo survived Sega, Amiga, and held it's own against the PS, PS2, Dreamcast and Xbox.

Add to fact that it will eventually become compatible with it's entire fucking library. While Nintendo has lost the support of most of the third party developers, only because microsoft bought them, it still at the end of the day will be producing a next gen console. That's more then I can say for Sony, with all of their fuckups recently.

Microsoft is the unknown in this race. Yes, the 360 has been around for awhile, but honestly I haven't been impressed with A) the system itself, and B) the games for said system.

I plan on getting a Wii, when it comes out, and mostly likely after christmas, plus it won't be having a supply issue like the PS3 nor will it be over 500 bucks CND.

16. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Face it, Wii's a joke. There's only so many damn time's I can see Mario and the same fucking games over and over again, before I want to kill somebody.

Well, graphics are a big deal. Besides, Wii is retarded. The name is very...odd. Also, the titles suck. The only good games, Zelda and Mario. Mario is getting old and quite annoying, and they fucked Zelda on the Gamecube. They are working twice as hard to get Zelda back to it's original glory, which means other games will be half-assed.

17. Darkmakr

Darkmakr Seventh Year

That might be true. But you have to remember. Kids these days don't even know what the SNES was or even the original gameboy. So things Mario games being done over and over again become moot.

I played Windwaker, yeah the puzzles were rather lacking, but i still enjoyed the game.

And DLR, from what i can gather you were born in '92. The NES was out in '83. Don't be so naive to think Nintendo has lost.

18. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I want a Wii.

I've grown tired of the gaming industry as a whole - each generation only brings better graphics, more explicit games, and more complex controllers.

And while those are incredibly fun, the only important innovations I've seen since the NES are 3D games, multiplayer, and more engaging gameplay.

Other than that, it's really all the same.

Time and time again Nintendo has been the one to bring innovation to the industry - the Famicom in Japan was the first to support Internet Play.

I'm looking forward to see what they've got this time around.

And the PS3? Sony better be backing that price up with substance.

Barring all that, I'm perfectly fine with PC games.

19. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Wii is going to win this. While I dont deny that Ps3 is probably the best system, i believe that Wii will sell more consoles than PS3 or 360.

20. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I think that the PS3 will do well, but the price will most likely not drop for over a year. Even though it does cost 600 bucks it can do a lot and the ones in Japan that went on sale yesterday are already sold out. I think that the fact that innless you preordered a PS3 or are camping out at your local Best Buy(which does not reserve consoles) many will not be able to even touch a PS3 for quite a bite.

The Wii. First of all the name sucks, but besides that it could be kind of cool... for a bit. Nintendo is responsible for Video Games still being around today after Atari killed it of but is making a very difent approach then its other two. Nintendo insists that gamers want something new and not the fancy Graphics, which may be true for some and not so much for the others. The problem is that Nintendo has the Stereotype that they only make games for little kids which is not true. Its true that the Lunchbox did not have that many M ratted tittles as the other two but just because a game is two does not mean that it is for the kids. But the motion senor control thing seems like it would get kind of annoying after a bit, at lest to me.

Microsoft had a rough start with the 360. It was hard to get a hold of it at first and then reports of glitches and other problems began to come out. It seems now that has corrected many of those problems and now has several big tittles coming and some that already out(Gears of War). The 360 also has one of the best online features that we know does work unlike Sony’s which has yet to be tested.

When the original Playstation came out everyone said that it would flop. But Sony was able to secure the 3rd party developers and get a lot of tittles out that many people like. Today Sony still has many of these developers especially the ones in Japan where Microsoft is hated and the Xbox will not do well. Nintendo does not have that many 3rd party developers on its side, but games that it makes itself like the Zelda series still sell well. Microsoft also has quite a few deals and contrary to popular belief does not own that many. They do own Bungie the makers of Halo, and there have been rumors of them buying Bioware, but everything else is all deals.

In America the 360 and the PS3 will duck it out while the Wii comes out in Third I think. In Japan the PS3 will be king followed closely by the Wii and the 360 will come in last.