1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3 discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Dark Monarch, Nov 15, 2006.

?

What is better in your opinion?

1. Playstation 3

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Nintendo Wii

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. XBOX 360

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. se7en

se7en Professor

One of the first ones on ebay sold for about 5k USD. I sold mine for 1.9k. Now they are simmered down because it's been out for like a week. I'm pretty sure that a LOT of people bought the ps3 just to sell it again.

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Doesn't matter. They are still buying them, and the majority want them. Therefore, Sony has just owned Nintendo.

3. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Ok I'm a fan of FPS on the console (Halo) but I think Unreal Tournament is too fast for playing with a controller.

Can you imagine playing instagib ctf with a controller man you'd just get owned.

4. Ascania

Ascania Second Year

I dunno, but numbers like these indicate that Nintendo is far from being owned. And with games like Nintendogs, Dr Kawashimas Brain Training or Animal Crossing they're getting people outside the traditional target demographics onto their machines.

As for the PS3 selling out...

5. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

If you wait a while to buy something then all the bugs and little problems will be fixed in the second shipment after the holidays.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Be careful. If you don't pull out, you might get the PS3 pregnant with all that splooge.

Anyway, I cant be fucked dishing out money for any of the three machines. It's just getting stupid these days. I'd rather wait a year or fucking steal one off the back of a truck.

7. The Dark Monarch

If I found one on the street corner I wouldn't report it, I'd be like " Your comin home with me!"

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Don't worry, I'm using a Vatican approved condom!

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just remember to hide the body of the poor bastard you clubbed over the head to get it.

10. The Dark Monarch

I could always resort to canabalism. They can't trace that if they aren't looking for it.

11. HomicidalPsychoJungleCat

HomicidalPsychoJungleCat Fifth Year

Exactly, I'm actually looking forward to the day when the games of the PS3 catch up to those of the 360, hopefully by then, the PS3 will be affordable, meaning $200-$300

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I just find it... pathetic. I mean, you can go buy a second-hand car that's in pretty good condition for the same amount, which I'd rather buy if I was 15-16. I'd rather have something to get around in.

I do, however, want to play some of the games I've seen on all three. I'll probably just borrow them off my mates after they get bored.

13. Element

Element Seventh Year

Slightly off-topic, and apologies if this has been posted before (my DLP browsing skills are minimal and time-limited) but Electronic Arts have announced the Order of the Phoenix game for, take a deep breath, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, GBA and PC. Pity - I was looking forward to playing it on my calculator.

More importantly however, there are screenshots! And when I say screenshots, I mean freakish abominations that blur the line between looking 'realistic' and 'scaring the fuck out of me'. I mean, next-gen promises us amazing graphics, and I were to be honest, these characters are detailed and look similar to the actors/actresses. I'm just going to have nightmares tonight, thats all. Is that what we want?
    Harry!
    Hermione!
    Ron! Wait, is that Ron?

And last, and quite possibly least, and almost certain to annoy the lovers of this character...the amazing Cho!

Oh, but wait, there's more! Just one. Because you just can't mention Harry Potter without Professor Snape! Well, here's hoping there won't be any sexual mini-games between the two, especially since its coming out for the Wii (though, admittedly, likely not with the above graphics) All together now; thrust, and remove! Thrust, and remove!

Edit: By the way, please note that the screenshots above are likely only for the PC, PS3 and X360.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  14. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

As much as I want to see the PS3s price drop it will most likely not happen for more than a year at the least. Sony is making a huge profit of each one sold and as long as they keep flying off the shelf that price is not going to move.

15. Element

Element Seventh Year

In actuality, Sony are making a loss on each console sold, which is to be expected with a console of that power. So too, are Microsoft with the Xbox 360, though I believe they are making less of a loss. Just like last generation (I think), Nintendo are the only ones to make profit off each console sold.

The other two try to break even from the software sales. There was a joke going around that if you really hated Sony, you should buy the console and then not buy any games.

16. Ascania

Ascania Second Year

Actually Microsoft are finally starting to make a profit on the hardware it has just been announced

17. Dark Lord Rostam

I was playing around at IGN today and found a PS3 review by the Editor-in-Chief. Personally, this is an awesome article that gives a really accurate review.

Article

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I really wish they wouldnt model the characters after the actress/actors from the films. It's quite annoying.
    Lol. About time.

19. se7en

se7en Professor

Yeah it was annoying to see Harry Potter with blue eyes.

20. Dark Lord Rostam

The cool thing is, we get to play as Dumbledore and Sirius.