1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(t/d) IV

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Sep 1, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Evon

Evon Seventh Year

Please write this and make it good. This is the type of Sirius takes Harry on the run story that I've been searching for - a realistic take that accounts for the shit storm of consequences that would follow him doings so.

To my knowledge, no one has actually pulled this off yet, but it is a damn interesting idea, IMO.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Color me interested.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Harry manages to hit Wormtail with a curse that makes it impossible to Apparate. Or something like that.

4. Andrela

I suppose a mass anti-apparation jinx on the street/town is technically possible.

5. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Or they don't want the Turkish government tracking their apparation, which we know from canon they can do. Harry is a foreign agent in their country, and Wormtail is a criminal/Death Eater/illegally in the country.

6. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

If you want help with Turkish names or places I can help you. Just pm me.

7. Andrela

So I've been re-watching some Buffy episodes and two episodes caught my attention, The Wish and Doppelgängland. Naturally, I wondered how these two concepts would work in the HP universe, here is the result.

The Wish

To make this work, we either need a Plot-Ex-Machina or to transplant the Vengeance Demons from Buffyverse. I'm more leaning towards the second version, mainly because it is better than having genies or something like that.

So a Vengeance Demon is at Hogwarts (where else?), looking for scorned women. And there is just one girl like that, Romilda Vane. Romilda is frustrated that Harry doesn't notice her and does not respond to her signals. While initially blaming Ginny, the girl realizes that Potter spends a lot of time with that Granger girl. This just happens to be the moment when the Vengeance Demon is nearby. Romilda makes a wish. "I wish Hermione Granger was a muggle!" And so the wish is granted and the world is changed.

In this Wishverse, Harry's first year at Hogwarts went horribly wrong. To put it simply: Quirell got the stone, Harry and Ron are dead, Voldemort returned and the war began several years earlier. Without Harry, their savior, the magical world quickly lost any spark of hope and Voldemort had an easy time. Romilda sees that in the Wishverse, Death Eaters rule the school, there are tortures and all kinds of terrifying shit. This world even has a Slytherin!Ginny and several other people from canon are different.

Since Romilda is the only one who knows what's going on, she tries to go to Dumbledore, but the man has long ago been driven from the school. So she goes to McGonagall and tells her everything she knows. Thankfully, Minerva believes the girl (since Vengeance Demons are a thing and all). Soon, however, Romilda is killed by some Slytherins.

McGonagall along with Flitwick take matters into their own hands and they eventually manage to reverse the wish, but something goes wrong during the ritual.(continued below)

Doppelgängland

As in the above, Romilda makes her wish, but nothing happens. The demon is surprised at having lost powers and leaves. At the same time however, Slytherin!Ginny from the Wishverse is transported to this world. She does some damage, intimidates people with curses and even casts the Cruciatus on Malfoy when he calls her a blood traitor. All in all, she wrecks shit up and people think she's the real Ginny. She even casts some nasty curses at Dean when he questions her behavior.

Of course, because the plot says so, soon Harry and others find out the truth and send her back to her own world, or something like that, I haven't fully thought this through.

8. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

So those two episodes of Buffy but with Hp characters instead?

9. Andrela

Well these are just plot bunnies, if this were to be written, it would likely be more original.

10. Thyestean

Thyestean Slug Club Member

There are a lot of Harry Potter mystery stories, but what about Neville.

George Weasley deals in the extraordinary. But now that Fred is gone, ideas just don't flow as easily as before. The only thing that flows is the alcohol and the dark ideas that spawn. Harry Potter got him into this mess and for the simple cost of his soul, George has plan to do the extraordinary.

“Where are you going Neville?” Hermione’s shrill shriek punched into a headache that only intensified. My fingers wrapped around the cool door handle as I looked back, meeting her confused brown eyes. “To find a friend.” I didn't realize my conviction until I heard the words, spoken with a decisiveness I hardly wanted, and instilled a fleeting hope as she chewed on a piece of hair.

Winter had come. A chill reddened my face, snow melted beneath my feet and a slam echoed behind me as I squeezed myself together and appeared before the first footstep. A simple clue left beneath eve’s death.

The cracked ground radiated from a singular point. A combination of a fissure and earthquake that rolled through the earth like a swell in a summer storm. Embedded in its center a wand jutted towards the sky. The supple honeyed wood marred with a deep stained red. But it was the piece of wand left beside itself that let the winter seep into my bones. A shiver that fed the turmoil within the mind as I gazed upon a bloodied and broken wand and a missing Harry Potter.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  11. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Funny thing. I was just thinking of a Harry/Neville centric fic (centric, not slash, thank you).

There was more to the prophecy when Harry and Neville were born. Whoever Voldemort chose would rise to prominence and become the next Dumbledore type figure in the society. The Potters and the Longbottoms were enemies who both had a common enemy, the Dark Arts. Deals were brokered between James and Frank that result in the lives of the two up to the sixth book.

However, when the prophecy is told, it relights the old family rivalry, splits Gryffindor Tower right down the middle in loyalty, and ends up with a three way war in wizarding Britain as Neville and Harry fight for supremacy of the "light" side, with Voldemort playing both sides against the middle, and the Ministry.

12. LoyalFenian

LoyalFenian Fourth Year

How could Harry and Neville fight for control of the "light" side when, and assuming he's alive, Dumbledore would firmly be leader of the 'light' side ? I know that it would be more of a "Think of the future type mentality" Harry and Neville would have going on, but if Dumbledore is alive, I can't see him letting that type of thing happen

13. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To be fair, I could see something similar happening within the bounds of canon. People gravitate toward Harry because of his role as the Boy Who Lived, with the majority of Gryffindor backing him. Neville takes a back seat to his friend, and doesn't think he'll ever amount to much. When Dumbledore dies and Harry doesn't come back to school, Neville stands up to the school officials (Snape, the Carrows) and people begin to look at him as the leader, as they aren't even sure Harry is still alive at this point.

Their deeds during the Battle of Hogwarts are known far and wide, and they both gain a bit of popularity. The difference being that Harry shuns it, and wants to be left alone, and Neville basks in it, knowing that he earned every bit of it.

Years later, blah blah blah

14. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

As much as I appreciate those two Buffy episodes, any HP version needs to have the leather outfit Willow wore or fail. :p

15. LoyalFenian

LoyalFenian Fourth Year

..That actually sounds alot better than the original prompt. I'd totally read the fuck outta that.

16. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

DarkHarry! with Harry being the antagonist. The BWL is evil but only (insert protagonist) seems to notice and nobody believes him/her. Maybe writing the first chapter from harry's point of view and the rest from the would be protagonist.

Example: Harry uses magic a la Riddle to scare all the kids in the neighborhood so that they don't play or becomes friends with Dudley. Since all the children are scared of the Potter scion, none of them talk about it and the son of Vernon is left friendless except for Harry, the only kid at school who is willing to give him the time of the day. Since he is his only friend, Dudley doesn't like that his parents treat him badly, resulting in Harry living a far more comfortable life with his aunt and uncle. Eventually, Harry decides that he has a firm hold on Dudley and forms a gang with him, much like his cousin had in canon but with both of them at the top.

17. LoyalFenian

LoyalFenian Fourth Year

No. This is bad, and you should feel bad

18. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

Harry is evil, only Dudley noticed and can stop him, but everybody just thinks he's jealous of the famous BWL?

Thats ... different. A counterpoint to all the stories where Harry is the misunderstood hero, the BWL (not Harry) is secretly selfish and a gloryhound and Dudley is a jerk.

19. Andrela

An AU in which the Killing Curse was never invented.

20. LoyalFenian

LoyalFenian Fourth Year

So, ah....Voldemort wins during his first war ?

Not open for further replies.