1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(t/d) IV

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Sep 1, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, but Sirius hates Snape for intentionally aiding the Dark Lord (who is coincidentally the reason he grew up in a household of hate), eventually leading to his best friend(s) deaths, and Sirius going to Azkaban for most of Harry's life. Then, he comes out to find that Snape is a Professor at Hogwarts, in direct contact with Harry, and that the man singles out Lily's son repeatedly. Add into that the series of events involving 3rd year (when Snape tried to out Remus as a werewolf and would have likely been glad to see Sirius given the Dementor's kiss) and you can see why Sirius wouldn't be able to let it go. In his opinion, Snape ruined the Marauders intentionally, and only felt bad because Lily was his childhood friend/crush. If everyone else died and she lived (at least in Sirius' mind), Snape would have been tickled pink.

James' childish frustrations with Snape pale in comparison to Sirius' adult grudge, but if Lily would have died and James lived, I doubt James would have been willing to 'forgive and forget' either.

TL;DR: Sirius has plenty of reason to hate Snape, and truly, Snape deserves every bit of it. If he had been, I don't know, even slightly apologetic about the circumstances of becoming a Death Eater and inadvertently killing off the Potters, MAYBE Sirius could have let it go. Personally, I wouldn't have let it go, so Rowling's characterization of Sirius as unforgiving/would do anything to spite Snape is spot on.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, Snape felt guilt for the way he acted to end his friendship with Lily.

I originally came across the idea I brought up here on DLP, but upon searching, I haven't been able to find any official comment on it, so I'm doubting it now.

3. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not open for further replies.